State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What's he like at club level? Must be pretty decent surely.

Surprised that given the wealth of stocks in WA and in NSW that they didn't make any apparent moves to shake one or two of those highly promising from their brief shield exposure type guys on the fringe in the stronger states.

What's he like at club level? Must be pretty decent surely.

Surprised that given the wealth of stocks in WA and in NSW that they didn't make any apparent moves to shake one or two of those highly promising from their brief shield exposure type guys on the fringe in the stronger states.
21 wickets at 23 last season, two five-for's. Struggled in FL though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bosisto is an interesting one I hope he does well. There's a definite shield batsman in him but he has historically got out too early too often. But somewhat like Marcus Harris has shown he has the discipline to play big innings when things go well. Well regarded as a captain and very handy spinner at grade level so would be a good pickup for a club presuming he doesn't have a state contract.

Conor McInerney out with a broken arm now

Will Bosisto has come over to have a crack. Playing for Uni, supposedly on decent coin if you believe the rumours
He wouldn't be in your OD Cup pans though would he?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
He wouldn't be in your OD Cup pans though would he?
McInerney? He came into the one day squad partway through last year. Wasn't first choice.

Maybe while Head is away he would have been

Didn't set the world on fire last year

McInerney? He came into the one day squad partway through last year. Wasn't first choice.

Maybe while Head is away he would have been

Didn't set the world on fire last year
Carey
Weatherald
Lehmann
Head
Ross
Nielson
Valente
Winter
Mennie
Zampa
Richardson

That would be the first XI right?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Pretty close

Nielsen wouldn't play I'd think. Carey keeps plus Harry has a badly broken finger anyway.

There is a batting spot available for someone. Tom Cooper still chugging along I guess. New ACT pick up Henry Hunt has apparently turned some heads.

Maybe Tom Andrews or another quick (Agar? Worrall if fit) ahead of Winter. He's not a great white ball bowler.

Pretty close

Nielsen wouldn't play I'd think. Carey keeps plus Harry has a badly broken finger anyway.

There is a batting spot available for someone. Tom Cooper still chugging along I guess. New ACT pick up Henry Hunt has apparently turned some heads.

Maybe Tom Andrews or another quick (Agar? Worrall if fit) ahead of Winter. He's not a great white ball bowler.
Your FC team will be interesting. AO basically dictates that you need to play a spinner but Pope and Zampa aren't FC standard (at this stage for the former) and Andrews isn't really a better bowler than Winter, Sayers, Worrall and Mennie, he may have to bat at 7 to give you that option.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Carey with twin 50s over playing county cricket. Good that he could get some FC cricket in over there as he plays stuff all for us.

I feel like the keeping experience he's gotten over there (World Cup included) will be more valuable to him than the batting time will be.

It feels like he was billed as a "decent bat, great gloveman" before his ODI debut, an answer to keeping woes, if you will. But in all formats since then, it seems like he's more of a "good attacking bat, average gloveman" type, somewhat continuing the Brad Haddin, Matthew Wade "tradition".

Is he just having an (extended) mediocre run with the gloves, or was his glovework simply overrated (perhaps because he was given a lot of dismissals on a plate by SA's pace bowlers previously) by some?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back