State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like the keeping experience he's gotten over there (World Cup included) will be more valuable to him than the batting time will be.

It feels like he was billed as a "decent bat, great gloveman" before his ODI debut, an answer to keeping woes, if you will. But in all formats since then, it seems like he's more of a "good attacking bat, average gloveman" type, somewhat continuing the Brad Haddin, Matthew Wade "tradition".

Is he just having an (extended) mediocre run with the gloves, or was his glovework simply overrated (perhaps because he was given a lot of dismissals on a plate by SA's pace bowlers previously) by some?

I personally think it’s a form and confidence issue but I’m no expert. He’s been close to flawless every time I’ve seen him keep for SA or the Strikers and that includes keeping to Rashid Khan who’s probably one of the hardest bowlers in the world to keep to.

South Australia’s 14-player squad for first two one dayers (vs Qld and NSW)

Jake Lehmann (c)
Wes Agar
Alex Carey
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Joe Mennie
Harry Nielsen
Lloyd Pope
Luke Robins
Alex Ross
Kane Richardson
Cameron Valente
Jake Weatherald
Adam Zampa

Travis Head rested
Daniel Worrall injured

SA SQUAD: Travis Head (c), Wes Agar, Tom Andrews, Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Henry Hunt, Jake Lehmann, Kane Richardson, Luke Robins, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter,Adam Zampa

Playing Andrews as an all rounder?

SA SQUAD: Travis Head (c), Wes Agar, Tom Andrews, Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Henry Hunt, Jake Lehmann, Kane Richardson, Luke Robins, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter,Adam Zampa

Playing Andrews as an all rounder?
I assume Hunt is a batsman? Zampa vs Agar? That's a tough choice.

No Ferguson. Big call but we need to move the squad forward.

No Sayers, Mennie or Worrall due to injury... ouch. New look attack.

Henry Hunt has some wraps on him. Has had some good Futures League results for ACT I think. He'll open I guess with Weatherald,

1. Weatherald
2. Hunt
3. Lehmann
4. Head (c)
5. Cooper
6. Carey (wk)
7. Andrews
8, Winter
9. Richardson
10. Robins or Zampa
11. Agar

Get on Tom Cooper for a Round 1 century.

No Ferguson. Big call but we need to move the squad forward.

No Sayers, Mennie or Worrall due to injury... ouch. New look attack.

Henry Hunt has some wraps on him. Has had some good Futures League results for ACT I think. He'll open I guess with Weatherald,

1. Weatherald
2. Hunt
3. Lehmann
4. Head (c)
5. Cooper
6. Carey (wk)
7. Andrews
8, Winter
9. Richardson
10. Robins or Zampa
11. Agar

Get on Tom Cooper for a Round 1 century.
Then onto a solid shield avg of 23 for the year :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That attack will be lucky to take a wicket.
Winter's pretty good, and Andrews showed a bit last year, and Richo can still play if his tail is up after the WC. But yeah, Robins/Agar/Zampa will be interesting

I like Andrews being given an early season go, been around a couple of years and is more than capable batting at 7 to strengthen the bowling.

I'd probably prefer Ferguson at 5 over Cooper however Tom just continually lingers round with good early form.

Lehmann at 3 just makes me cringe every time.

Wes Agar having a professional cricket contract makes me wish I never gave the game away. Absolutely hopeless
In terms of FC cricket he was behind the big 4, Coleman, Crone, Evans, Reed, Sutherland and Fekete here. Wasn't even in our top 10 seamers.

Liam Scott with 126 in the Futures game, wouldn't be far off getting a game. Hopefully he's enjoying it here in Adelaide.

Kid is absolute quality, will have a huge role to play for Aus U19s too when the world cup rolls around.

Tim Oakley bowling with some serious wheels in that same game too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back