REDBACKS KILL VICS !!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
well didnt pathetic victoria put in another crap display as the mighty redbacks killed them today. I reckon its laughable how victoria have so many more in population than SA yet they are such a crap team ! I mean they even have 3 players from other states - Berry,Miller and Mott ! Plus they have a fairly old team compared to SA who have a lot of young talent like Davies,Manou,Harris etc. Playing on that bad oval is a joke too, the Adelaide Oval is the greatest ground in the world ! GO YOU REDBACKS !!!!!!!!!!

they are a joke, their fans piss me off
those crow chardonnay whimp supporters

does that ring a bell eastaugh
i wonder how many sa cricketers are crows supporters, i know greg blewett for one is

and how is berry from interstate??
and miller, you moron, miller is a victorian, went to tassie for work, then got transfered back to victoria
south australians are good ones to talk about having players from other states after they poached mcintyre and siddons from victoria and more importantly essendon cricket club

and as for young talent, klinger is a future aussie batsman, the guy is brilliant

and have u been to punt road oval recently, after colonial stadium its the best place to watch cricket from

eastaugh you need another arsehole because you are so full of s**t its unbelievable

OK now get your facts right. Siddons was not poached from Essendon or Victoria. He has and always has had strong family ties in Adelaide. With no family ties in Melbourne.

From an early stage he was always going to come to Adelaide, it was just a matter of timing. Sure he played a number of years at Essendon but if you know the guy then you would also know he was not poached. Even the captaincy of SA was not discussed until he had committed to the SACA.

On a different note. This bonus point system in the MMC is excellent. It made what would otherwise have been a boring game into an interesting one.

ok servo
just going on what i know, my dad was the team manager of the essendon 1st XI at the time and my uncle was also involved, i was only young at the time and remember idolising him and simon odonnell, and macca
and the whole club was shattered when they left, then lost od to prahran not long after

i remember jamie siddons smashing 208 in one day at windy hill against stkilda
at the tea break the next batsman asked what the spinner was like "he s**t, cant believe he is playing at this level, he'll never get anywhere"
sure enough that spinner was shane warne

those were the glory days- had three victorians, simon davis who played for australia, bryan salmon who was in the vic squad but couldnt crack it for a game, david tate who just captained aust u19, an awesome team

Eastaugh36 -You should get your facts right.
Berry is a Victorian who first played with SA when he was at the Academy.He was born in country VIC [Wangaratta I think] and his neighbour was Ian Harvey.
Miller is also a Victorian.He was in the VIC squad years ago.
Mott,Davison and Arnberger are from other states.
Didn't Lehmann and Fitzgerald play for other states or don't you want to admit that.

You also should mention the VICs who didn't play because of injury -Elliott,Harper,Fleming and some spinner named Warne [I'm sure even in SA you've heard of him].

------------------
"Hillbillies are people too"

To the majority, the bonus point system is an excellent idea for games such as today's and yesterday's NSW v TAS match at Hobart. (The batting of Waugh and Bevan in the last 10 overs was outstanding, although it must be said that the Tassie bowlers were ordinary.) However, unless I'm wrong there is an anomaly with the system that must be changed. The commentators only mention the bonus point being available for the side batting second if they win the match with a far superior run rate. I'm not sure of the exact wording but something like 1.25 times the run rate of the opposition is required for the extra point. Great idea in theory yes, but is such a point also available for a side that bats first and scores 300 runs, and wins by a large result with overs to spare? I mention this because the MMC could get down to the stage where one side requires 5 points in their last match to reach the finals. Can they only achieve this if they bat second? If true, the captain would have no choice other than to bat second. It doesn't matter if the pitch is a batting paradise, or if it's 35 degrees,(not to mention if his side prefers to set a total rather than to chase one) the captain MUST bat second in order to have the chance for the bonus point. And on a belter of a batting pitch, the chances of both restricting the opposition to a gettable total, and achieving that total quickly is very unlikely.
If this is true, it reminds me of that ridiculous rule in the "Super Six" stage of last years World Cup where you carried forward points you won against the finalists you beat in the preliminary stages. You might remember in the last match Australia needed to beat West Indies in order to make the finals. We dismissed them for just over 100 and then Bevan and Waugh (ironically after yeaterday!) applied farcical go slow tactics to only win in the 42nd or 43rd over. They were trying to take the West Indies with them through to the next stage of the tournament, by reducing the margin of victory and thus take 2 points through to the next stage. Needless to say the New Zealanders (who had already beaten Australia) weren't pleased with this tactic, although it eventually didn't work.
While the bonus point rule is not as flawed as the above example, it is still flawed. It should be scrapped unless a rule that allows the side that bats first to achieve an extra point is introduced.

It is possible to get a point bowling second, it is just out of the bowling sides hands a lot more. They have to knock over the batters for a run rate 1 and a quarter times less than theirs, ie team bats first gets 250, knocks over the second side for under 200 and then earns the point.
I agree tho, it does seem more difficult for the team batting first to get the extra point.

oh I even forgot about the big arnberger ! another from interstate, and another thing, saying about lehmann playing for another state(victoria for a season) is just further putting victoria down as he is a south aussie and its another one that victoria tried to poach but he must have seen how crap it was over there and wanted to come back, and the redbacks have nothing to do with the crows so get a life. As the saying goes - Thw winners (SA) can smile and the losers(vic !!!) can please themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A THRASHING !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BEAUTY !

We'll see how they go in a few weeks when we play you's at the G'. By then we might have a few blokes back, by the names of Elliot, Fleming and Harper.

Memo to Vic selectors: Persist with Klinger and Oliver...future stars. Piss off no hopers like Vimpani and Mott.

Walshy

I remember that year. The Essendon side the year before was probably the best club side in the country at the time.

I never knew which club Lehmann played for over there, do you know??

S.Robbo

Yes Klinger looked impressive. Haven't seen enough of the rest to comment though.

JUBJUB

Don't go blaming injuries now. You'll start to sound like a Richmond supporter.

servo ill find out who lehman played for, i have a feeling it may have been sth melb but im not sure

klinger is a great player and will continue to be
oliver im not sure about, didnt really deserve his spot in the side, hasnt really done much in premier cricket
inness is another future player for the vics, perhaps australia

but i think there are plenty of young players at club level that the selectors just wont give a go, taylor, berger, and many others that i wont go into

eastaugh sa won one game big deal, does that make the bulldogs the best team because they beat essendon, grow up w***er

Im not saying we are the best but it was great to beat that weak team over there, we may not be the best but we are alot closer to being the best than you lot who try to impersonate cricketers, nice victory ! YOU BEAUTY !!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

servo did a bit of research and darren lehman played district cricket for carlton
carlton has always had the ability to take players from other places and pay huge amounts of money for them- lehman was carltons professional player and hence was only able to have a one year contract, the reason why he was only a vic for one season
so in essence it was carlton the poached lehman not victoria

You bigmouth idiot Eastaugh36 ! Your redbacks got cleaned up by a Vic side looking somewhere near their best and a lot stronger than that one day slog a couple of weeks ago. You can have those 2 MM cup points and we'll take those 6 PM cup points.
Matt Inness will be the next fastie to play for Oz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back