Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks doing their now customary "Let's bat 100 times better in the 2nd innings" role.

Nielsen ton and Ferg winding the clock back 1 more time.
Ferg out for 97

probably the most fitting outcome really, close but no cigar.

Nielsen copped a shocker of an LBW too

Trav tons up too, time to go big and make a statement.

Against an attack of Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon and solid support of Abbott and Conway we managed to scrape together 4/298 on day 1 of the Shield.

Plenty of value on their wickets.

Against an attack of Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon and solid support of Abbott and Conway we managed to scrape together 4/298 on day 1 of the Shield.

Plenty of value on their wickets.

We played well, I know they are favourites but I think a team without Ferguson and Cooper has given us a fresh look.

I was shopping Scott could build a score but not to be. I can see why we do it but I find it unusual Lehmann bats at seven. You don't see a batsman come in that low in first class Cricket that often.

Last edited:
6/438 at lunch.

Nielsen with a 50, Lehmann 70no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive effort to lose that.
I thought it was a generous declaration on such a road.

40 more runs would've made the chase more interesting. NSW would've still had a crack and we'd have had more opportunities.

Even 300 is a mental barrier.

We fell in a hole on the last morning

Carey pathetically run out, Weatherald bowled by Lyon. Scoring was at a trickle when we wanted to put the foot down.

Meant that we were running out of time if we wanted to take 10 wickets.

Mind you we're playing a little bit better since the Big Bash. Next to bowl a team out. Not sure we've done that this season in a single innings.

One dayer vs Tassie.

3 overs in and what happens...... Carey and Weathers involved in a run out

One dayer vs Tassie.

3 overs in and what happens...... Carey and Weathers involved in a run out
They should honestly just both stand in their creases and try to whack boundaries when they're together

Poor batting again especially from some of the Senior players. It was actually a reasonably experienced top six.

Dizzy has plenty of time to get it right but a part of him must be questioning if this was the right career move.

That review with Mike Hussey really paid dividends.
Maybe if we followed any of it.

Funny how the young kids held their end of the bargain in the Shield and our senior guys fail in the OD game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back