Shield Redbacks vs Western Australia

SA vs WA

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A creditable win for SA against a good side. Too early to think we've turned a corner, but it's a good start. I think those of us who have been pushing Daniel Drew have finally been justified. The two Macs, McSweeney and McAndrew are coming along nicely, and it's comforting to have a backup keeper as accomplished as Neilson. It would be nice to see Henry Hunt turning good starts into big scores, but he's going okay. We may even avoid the wooden spoon for the first time in 6 years :)

That was a great all round performance by the Redbacks.

In future I’d be happy with McAndrew at 7 but 6 seems too high for Nielsen which makes it tough to play the extra bowler. Next game at the junction so I’d say a similar lineup as McSweeney will bowl quite a few overs you’d imagine.

A creditable win for SA against a good side. Too early to think we've turned a corner, but it's a good start. I think those of us who have been pushing Daniel Drew have finally been justified. The two Macs, McSweeney and McAndrew are coming along nicely, and it's comforting to have a backup keeper as accomplished as Neilson. It would be nice to see Henry Hunt turning good starts into big scores, but he's going okay. We may even avoid the wooden spoon for the first time in 6 years :)
Carder and Malenti don’t strike me as FC standard cricketers.

Think I would rather see Pope play, and lucky dip anyone to replace Carder.

That was a hammering by the spiders. Could Henry's drop in scoring big runs this season be due to the added pressure of captaining. Doing both jobs does not suit some cricketers.

I'm not sure too many batsmen are thinking about captaincy, especially opening the innings on day 1. You may have a point, but not knowing Henry at all, I don't know if it would worry him or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back