State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

But he's playing the second XI game? That's why I'm confused
It's very strange. Given he'd spent the whole off season batting 8 hours a day to really push red ball cricket, you get the feeling he's had some sort of breakdown in relation to his red ball batting after realising the effort he put in didn't give him the immediate results he wanted.

Disclaimer I'm just speculating. I've got no idea.

Weatherald currently 206* in the 2nd XI game... yet we have Will Bosisto playing tomorrow.

We don’t know the severity of his mental issues though. Perhaps they want to set him up for success by allowing him to gain confidence at the lower level before bringing him back in.

We don’t know the severity of his mental issues though. Perhaps they want to set him up for success by allowing him to gain confidence at the lower level before bringing him back in.

Possibly, hope to see him back soon though if that's the case. Still in our top 3 batsmen.

Marsh Cup Squad (SA v NSW day-night, 4 March, Adelaide Oval. 2:00pm start)
Travis Head (c)
Alex Carey (wk)
Wes Agar
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Peter Hatzoglou
Spencer Johnson
Corey Kelly
Harry Nielsen
Cameron Valente
Jake Weatherald
Daniel Worrall

In: Spencer Johnson

Out: David Grant (omitted).

Marsh Sheffield Shield Squad (SA v NSW, 6-9 March, Adelaide Oval. 10:30am daily)
Travis Head (c)
Alex Carey (wk)
Wes Agar
David Grant
Henry Hunt
Jake Lehmann
Joe Medew-Ewen
Harry Nielsen
Chadd Sayers
Liam Scott
Jake Weatherald
Daniel Worrall

In: Jake Weatherald, Joe Medew-Ewen

Out: Will Bosisto, Corey Kelly (omitted).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West End Redbacks Squad

Travis Head (c)
Wes Agar
Alex Carey
David Grant
Henry Hunt
Sam Kerber
Jake Lehmann
Joe Medew-Ewen
Harry Nielsen
Liam Scott
Jake Weatherald
Nick Winter
Daniel Worrall

In: Agar, Kerber
Out: Chadd SAYERS

Well done to Chadd Sayers on a great career

A great swing bowler in the shield who had to bowl consistently on one of the best batting tracks in the country.... I will always remember his battles with S Marsh

Sayers has played 70 Sheffield Shield games for South Australia since making his first-class debut in March 2011, claiming 278 wickets at 25.82.

That's a pretty good record

Only one test should of played more especially in England

A good honest cricketer a good team man for the Redbacks well done :)

Would've loved to see Chadd get more of a look in at test level in conditions that would have suited him, could have had a real impact. His modest pace certainly counted against him with selectors, but at his peak there was no better swing bowler in Australian 1st class cricket. It's a shame he spent most of his career surrounded by a bunch of duds and didn't enjoy much team success.

Congrats to him on an excellent career and I hope his expertise isn't lost to the state.

Just took a look the Redbacks bowling for 2020-21, talk about lacking penetration. Okay, one game was abandoned, but in the other 7 the top wicket-takers were:
Chadd Sayers: 13 @ 46.85
Dan Worrall: 12 @ 46.33
David Grant: 8 @ 44.00
Lloyd Pope: 8 @ 86.25

The fifth highest wicket-taker: Wes Agar - 4 wickets @ 144.25
Liam Scott took 2 @ 157.50

I mean, this is just pathetic. With Chadd Sayers retiring and not a lot coming through, not much to look forward to in 2021-22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back