Opinion Redden can't keep his feet, WC can't integrate players well

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he too good for the WAFL?

Certainly not been good enough at AFL level.

It's good that he played more to his strengths, but honestly, his possesions often hurt the side because he makes slow and poor decisions. This to me indicates low confidence and being lost amongst the gameplan. If the club can't provide better direction at training or at a match, then at least allow him to build at the lower level.

Jettas problems are different, I think guys like Masten, need an absolute roast. Too many try to do too much, burn players and stuff up. Masten and Darling are the worst for this, but it's not surprising Jetta isn't running the overlap well, when players aren't demanding him to, or using him when available.

I think his problem is more easily fixed, but constantly dropping him shows low awareness, or unwillingness for the coaches and players to share some leadership. It is a copout and compounds his lack of effort.

Agree.

We dont play through Jetta at all, Sydney did but had many more seasons to realise how to utilise him.

We should have done our homework. Dropping Jetta will not fix this issue.

We havent had much injuries this season but i feel like our medical staff and MC jave got it wrong regarding players returning from inuries. I think a lot of our returning from were rushed. Nearly all of them took a while to return to their best. Emac,redden and even masten should have spent more time at east perth at the start of the season. Redden was rushed in way too early he did a preseasons worth of work in about 4 weeks. So his fitness and strength are well below standard. He should have spent a longer time building his fitness and strength and then start playing for the royals later on. Unfortunalty reddens going to get worse from now on cause of his fitness. Its probably better just letting him playing wafl for the rest of the year. I think sheed needs to be given more time for ep and let him have some dominant game for them before he is selected.

Agree with this, I watched Jetta quite closely during his last home game. He got burned so many times it was ridiculous - I actually felt sorry for him. He is a very good kick, it should be a no brainer that 80% of the side give it to him to kick rather than kick it themselves. That is what the good sides do, get the ball in the hands of the better kicks.

Its like most of our list want to be the players making the play rather than sharing the ball around for the best of the team.

I also think we learn bad habits when leading comfortably at home and invariably this backfires if we play a good side or when a lesser side 'turns up'.

Agree with this.
Also this constant playing 7 man backline is actually hurting us.
It helps defend but does not help us carry the footy out of defence.
Also kick ins this year seem to go to the same one side every kick, last year we mixed it up
so much more.
Often had Darling or Yeo people who are good overhead would lead away on other side of the ground,
away from main pack on other side and we would pick them out and move the ball out defence easier last 4 or 5 games its
been very very predictable.

On Redden never seen a player that's walks as much as he does in games clearly lacking endurance.
Is also flat footed at clearance situations needs to keep moving his feet at stoppages

On Redden never seen a player that's walks as much as he does in games clearly lacking endurance.
Is also flat footed at clearance situations needs to keep moving his feet at stoppages
But he hardly looks like he's broken into a sweat at the same time... so it looks like he's just being lazy or lost.

Hope it's a lack of endurance because he looks like he's not switched on at all during matches. Way worse than Jetta IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back