Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees
redlands 19.13.127 to thunders 22.16.148 indicates i shouldnt have written off the bombers just before half time and went home..

we'd had a long day. 1st the young fella had a game of footy at 9am, which meant an hour of travel to get to his game, then a long wait till the main game started in the afternoon at redlands.

at the club, one of the wags advised me that redlands were without 8 of their top players, and were relying on their reserves depth.

in the ist quarter the signs were ominous. the thunder proved a very quick, slick side. the bombers however proved tenacious and kept them within range with a 7 point (i think) difference at the 1st break.

i thought to myself, if the bombers can stick with them till the 3rd quarter we may have a shot....but towards the end of the second term, the thunder had streaked ahead, leading by about 25 points.

i didnt give a depleted bombers side much of a hope of clawing them back, and with a tired 8yo, we went home.

but now, looking at the final score, proves the bombers showed plenty of guts and did manage to claw their way back into the contest....even 8 players down!

this team is going places. when asked to step up they did. when a blowout looked on the cards they fought back.

edit. im just watching the reply of the game here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0A04DPYJ0

and at half time the bombers are behind by 1 point..

well done bombers.

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Looks like the Bombers had a good oportunity to gain valuable premiership points today. Just need to improve the conversion rate. Need a win next week.

Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees
hey snaws1.

im looking forward to next weeks game. i missed it yesterday. we went to viccy point in the morning but decided not to stay and watch the game.

this coming week we have the 'jaeger omeara show' at viccy point. we wont miss that one.

should be a great game, and will see some real talent out on the field.

go the bombers!

Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees
Redland v Gold Coast Suns
19-May
1.30pm
Victoria Point

big game for the bombers at home. they will be out to show their wares in front of the suns coaching staff.

cant wait for this one. cmon bombers!

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Sounds like it was pretty wet today. Good effort from the Redland boys to grind out a win, considering the injury toll. From the feedback on the NEAFL forum it sounds like Southport may lose a few. Bit of agro! Unless caught on video they may get away with it as the players won't have seen anything ;-) for our sake I hope heaps get pinged.

A miracle win and a couple of other results our way and we would be back in the hunt!

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Awesome win to the Redland boys! Beating Southport the clear leaders in the comp shows that the team has the talent when they put 4 quarters together. Go Bombers!!

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Redland Bombers continue to build on recent success. Fortunate to come away with 4 valuable points after suffering a bit of post big game lag. The boys will need to bring their 'A game' next week if they plan to stay in the top 5. Complacency against any NEAFL side is bound to cost the game. The coaching staff and leadership group know it and are doing their best to get the message through, will the boys take it to heart? Only time will tell...

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Four solid quarters by the whole team resulted in a 91 point win to the Bombers over Morningside. Redland have a bye next week, followed by Mt Gravatt and then Broadbeach. Both games will test the boys, however if they play like they did today they will take some stopping. Go Bombers!

Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ID=56342&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=19878893

Bombers Move to Fourth on the NEAFL Ladder after Five in a Row

The Redland Bombers held off a brave Mt Gravatt Vultures outfit on Saturday to eventually win their Round 15 NEAFL Northern Conference clash 17.16.118 to 14.10.94
Coming off a bye after a resounding win against Morningside a fortnight ago Jason Paxman was the only addition to a side that has seen minimal change over the past month

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Interesting game tomorrow, Bombers can't afford to have the slow start that seems to follow at bye. Looking forward, it is handy that the Thunder have to move away from TIO for the final round game against the Bombers.

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Agree Tiger, and as long as he has some talent and plays a team game then all good. The players that shouldn't be tolerated are those who play only for themselves or are a bad influence on the playing group. I think the Bombers leadership group is switched on and strong enough to keep the team on track. It is a big part of the success so far this year.
Will be interesting to see how they go against the Lions. Great preparation for the tempo of finals footy.

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
This weekends game in Darwin is a great opportunity for the Bombers prepare for the finals. Will be interesting to see if Penguin plays to win or to set the team up for the following week? Just booked my flight and will be at Vic Point for the home final the following weekend.

Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees
This weekends game in Darwin is a great opportunity for the Bombers prepare for the finals. Will be interesting to see if Penguin plays to win or to set the team up for the following week? Just booked my flight and will be at Vic Point for the home final the following weekend.

thanks for the update snaws1. will be at the home final for sure!!

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Congrats to GSL on his reappointment.

I use to work with him at CUB in Canberra and play against him when he was at Eastlake.

Great bloke and football mad.

If you see him please say goodaye from Nieso (former CUB employee and Queanbeyan player)

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
It will be interesting to see how we line up against the side that GCS have picked. If we can sustain four quarters of focus and endeavor then we can match it with them. Looking forward to watching the game at Vic Point. Go Bombers

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Good result from yesterdays final. If the Redland get up over GCS today, we would play Southport next week and we have beaten them on their ground this year so not beyond the Bombers.

Snaws1

Feb 3, 2012
Redland Bombers
Well done to the Redland footy club. Awesome atmosphere, great four quarter effort by the boys! They are good enough to beat Southport as they did last time they played down there. Go Bombers.
Good to catch up with you on the day Tigernova. Keen supporters like yourself are a credit to the club.

Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees
cheers snaws1. great to catch up with you mate.

snaws, for a bloke to fly from perth to watch the bombers play puts you in a category way above me mate. i know you have a special interest in the side, and that must be a wonderful experience for you this season.

make sure you get down to southport as times like these in a footballers life dont come very often. i played RL for 20 years and played in 1 grand final..and won. only one other time we made the finals. these things dont come round often for many players, regardles of the level of footy or even the code, so you wanna be there for this one. many great players never even played in a GF. im sure you could name a few.

whatever you decide, i wish you all the best, and go the bombers!!