Gentlemen at the gym

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there an element of this at the gym?
Redneck boys clubs who gather round the bloke on his own?
One reason why I will never join a gym.
Yes, here.

dodgeball_a_true_underdog_story_2004_mp4.jpg

Solid thread/10

I was worried when I was a mega fatty about joining a gym, and when I first started training, that "everyone is laughing at me and they're all bullies". I quickly realised noone was and that it was just my stupid insecurities

99% of gym goers don't give a * about what anyone else in the gym does/looks like

I've been a fat guy in a gym before and I've never once had an issue. I don't bother anyone else there and they don't bother me, and the staff are always very polite and helpful. One staff member even gave me a free pair of pants when I was squatting and my fat ass split my trackies.
They're actually one of the most accommodating places around

Exactly. Sure very occasionally you'd get someone who is a dick, but its like that in ******* real life, some people are just dicks. The only thing I hate about gym is when you make awkward eye contact in the mirror :p
That's pretty much the only reason I go. It sustains me ;)

Exactly. Sure very occasionally you'd get someone who is a dick, but its like that in ******* real life, some people are just dicks. The only thing I hate about gym is when you make awkward eye contact in the mirror :p
Is it the eye contact that is awkward or the erection?

Whilst I certainly don't complain about the attractive females that use the gym, I feel like a creep looking at them so I just stare at the ground when I can. When it comes to dudes who are fit, it certainly is a reality check.
So it's the erection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just realized the bizarre logic of the OP.

Is there an element of this at the gym?
Redneck boys clubs who gather round the bloke on his own?
One reason why I will never join a gym.

So you don't know if it actually happens, but you use it as a reason not to go?

I mean you can do whatever you want mate but sounds like you're just making excuses or trolling.

Just realized the bizarre logic of the OP.

So you don't know if it actually happens, but you use it as a reason not to go?

I mean you can do whatever you want mate but sounds like you're just making excuses or trolling.
Sounds like you're treating this thread as your grand final

Solid thread/10

I was worried when I was a mega fatty about joining a gym, and when I first started training, that "everyone is laughing at me and they're all bullies". I quickly realised noone was and that it was just my stupid insecurities

99% of gym goers don't give a **** about what anyone else in the gym does/looks like
Spot on Timmy

You go to a gym to either get fit or stay fit. Everyone who walks into a gym and trains has fitness goals.

Spot on Timmy

You go to a gym to either get fit or stay fit. Everyone who walks into a gym and trains has fitness goals.
Yep and 99% of people either respect other people there, or pay them no attention. Sure you get the occassional tool, but it's not the common thing

What do you think of resistance bands?
Versatile

Good to use at home when you're busy, or for beginners

Chuck them around a pole and work out your back with them, back exercises are probably easiest to do with bands as you're pulling them toward yourself but there are ways to do chest, shoulders, arms and some leg movements also.

Also good for correctives and forcing your body to activate muscles, 'feeding the disfunction' etc

Not sold on the door anchors provided with resistance band kits.
Looks like they could rip your door apart or worse ,the band goes back into your face after detaching from the force.

Most of the demos have them attached to industrial strength doors.

Why don't you just go to the gym and avoid all these problems?
I started off doing P90x in my garage for months. Would love to have that time back and invest it in the gym.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back