Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

For North? Maybe.

Ryan Clarke is playing consistent senior footy, and only Tarrant and Thompson's great starts to the season are keeping McKay out of the seniors. He could end up being a better pick than Weitering or Schache!

Mitch Hibberd is also starting to click and the injured Declan Mountford impressed at the end of 2017.

All 4 have debuted in the seniors and all of them have shown something.

Corey Wagner has been dropped from the list. That's it.

Very happy with our 2015 bunch at this point, considering our first pick was at 21.

2015 draft redone
This is what I’ve come up with who’s shown the most so far, not necessarily where I’d redraft each player. Pretty happy to have Milera, Doedee and Greenwood at the Crows.

1.Oliver
2.Mills
3.Rioli
4.Curnow
5.Burton
6.Papley
7.Hipwood
8.Weitering
9.Tippa
10.Parish
11.Gresham
12.Menengola
13.Greenwood
14.Hartley
15.Kennedy
16.Fiorini
17.Adams
18.Phillips
19.Ah Chee
20.Broad
21.Mathieson
22.Milera
23.Himmelburg
24.Silvangi
25.Bonner
26.Hardwick
27.Dunkley
28.Tucker
29.Doedee
Just for curiosity sakes I’ll do a first round redraft based on who I rate.

1. Curnow
2. Weitering
3. Mills
4. Rioli
5. Doedee
6. Burton
7. Oliver
8. Hipwood
9. Milera
10. Papley
11. Kennedy
12. Himmelburg
13. Greenwood
14. Gresham
15. Menengola
16. Tippa
17. Parish
18. Tucker

Yep. Two elite games against finalist opposition.

I don't know if you have checked today, but Gold Coast are second on the ladder, Hawthorn are fourth and North are fifth.

I don't know if you have checked today, but Gold Coast are second on the ladder, Hawthorn are fourth and North are fifth.
Big call there Snake. Ladder positions after round 2 doesn't really tell the whole story.

Don't you think it's kind of like watching a trailer and saying you're seen the film?

Ryan Clarke is playing consistent senior footy, and only Tarrant and Thompson's great starts to the season are keeping McKay out of the seniors. He could end up being a better pick than Weitering or Schache!
After a good first season, both top picks have regressed.

Talls do take time, but hopefully they can develop in the position that saw clubs picks them at 1 and 2 respectively.

After a good first season, both top picks have regressed.

Talls do take time, but hopefully they can develop in the position that saw clubs picks them at 1 and 2 respectively.

I think they'll both come good eventually. Last year was a write off for schache so he'll need time. Weitering has already played some great games of footy, I expect he'll be back to his best by the end of the year

Riley Bonner was hyped as a top 20 pick prior to the draft and slid all the way down to Port's first pick at #37

He should've been picked in the top 20. I had Burton going to the Crows instead of Doedee and Bonner to Hawthorn instead of Burton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riley Bonner was hyped as a top 20 pick prior to the draft and slid all the way down to Port's first pick at #37

He should've been picked in the top 20. I had Burton going to the Crows instead of Doedee and Bonner to Hawthorn instead of Burton.

I remember him possessing a long boot combined with great use. Probably could have gone top 20.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big call there Snake. Ladder positions after round 2 doesn't really tell the whole story.

Don't you think it's kind of like watching a trailer and saying you're seen the film?

I'm just pointing out that utilising last years finalists as some form line two rounds in to the next season, isn't always the most dependable choice of analysis.

1. Curnow
2. Weitering
3. Mills
4. Rioli
5. Doedee
6. Burton
7. Oliver
8. Hipwood
9. Milera
10. Papley
11. Kennedy
12. Himmelburg
13. Greenwood
14. Gresham
15. Menengola
16. Tippa
17. Parish
18. Tucker
Gee whiz, Weitering will be in the VFL this week you'd think, and Doedee mighty high from only two games.

He's a gun, will be inside the top 10 from that draft by the end of the year.

Gee whiz, Weitering will be in the VFL this week you'd think, and Doedee mighty high from only two games.

Weitering was arguably the best u18s defender ever and had an awesome first year for a KPP.

A lack of confidence combined with being played out of position doesn't change that. I do think Curnow and Oliver are ahead if the draft was done again but he'd still go top 3.

1. Curnow
2. Weitering
3. Mills
4. Rioli
5. Doedee
6. Burton
7. Oliver
8. Hipwood
9. Milera
10. Papley
11. Kennedy
12. Himmelburg
13. Greenwood
14. Gresham
15. Menengola
16. Tippa
17. Parish
18. Tucker
What makes people have Rioli so far ahead of Gresham?

I know stats aren’t everything but Gresham was ahead of him in every stat last year including being well ahead in goals, even though he struggled with conversion.

Seems to be underrated on here. At I guess I would say he’s kicked more goals then anyone in that draft and even managed a bag of 5 against the premiers last year and has proven to be a match winner is some big wins for the club.

I think if the clubs wasn’t struggling like they are people would have him much higher.

What makes people have Rioli so far ahead of Gresham?

He isn't.

I doubt there's a sober person out there that would take Rioli over Gresham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back