Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes people have Rioli so far ahead of Gresham?

I know stats aren’t everything but Gresham was ahead of him in every stat last year including being well ahead in goals, even though he struggled with conversion.

Seems to be underrated on here. At I guess I would say he’s kicked more goals then anyone in that draft and even managed a bag of 5 against the premiers last year and has proven to be a match winner is some big wins for the club.

I think if the clubs wasn’t struggling like they are people would have him much higher.
Im not even sure Rioli even makes the top 10 of this draft at the moment

Extremely happy to have acqired Hardwick in this draft. Brilliant kick and tough as nails. Got his chance when we had a few injuries last year .... now a walk up starter in Hawks best 22.

Down the track hoping he will spend more time in the midfield.

Haven't seen him on many top 10s but I'm a big fan of Josh Dunkley. Once he gets a full time midfield gig I can see him becoming as good as every mid in this draft bar Oliver.

I love it how Hipwood is constantly rated extremely highly, yet Paddy is already considered a flop even their output has been very similar despite paddy playing way less TOG due to injuries.

Their output hasn't really been that similar. Hipwood has 46 goals in 33 games, McCartin has 23 in 25 games.

Hipwood is also a year and a half younger and has freakish athleticism for his size.

What makes people have Rioli so far ahead of Gresham?

I know stats aren’t everything but Gresham was ahead of him in every stat last year including being well ahead in goals, even though he struggled with conversion.

Seems to be underrated on here. At I guess I would say he’s kicked more goals then anyone in that draft and even managed a bag of 5 against the premiers last year and has proven to be a match winner is some big wins for the club.

I think if the clubs wasn’t struggling like they are people would have him much higher.
Come back to me when he kicks 4 in a preliminary final and plays well in a grand final. Don’t need stats to see who I’m picking. Rioli provides the best pressure In the league significantly

Oliver is a freak but he’s also lucky to have walked into a pretty strong midfield.

"Freaks" don't go and hide in the forward pocket when they can't get a kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their output hasn't really been that similar. Hipwood has 46 goals in 33 games, McCartin has 23 in 25 games.

Hipwood is also a year and a half younger and has freakish athleticism for his size.

Pah, these numbers mean nothing to St Kilda fans! Besides, McCartin will kick...23 goals...In his next...10 games...So he'll be right back to still being better!

Oliver has been the best from the draft. But if it was redone & Carlton had pick 1 I'd be pretty disappointed if they picked someone other than Curnow.

Nah Curnow looks an absolute jet. Looks like he could be Hogan who can kick over a jam tin
Maybe. Will have to see him show anything like Hogan has first. He's a good player but he hasn't really done anything yet

Oliver has been the best from the draft. But if it was redone & Carlton had pick 1 I'd be pretty disappointed if they picked someone other than Curnow.

Would say the same but with Hipwood at 1 - as the Lions get better and he gets bigger and starts to clunk those marks he will be a defenders nightmare. Would take Oliver at 2 and Curnow at 3

I reckon 17 clubs' worth of fans would disagree
I wasn’t commenting on other clubs. Without Curnow Carlton’s forwardline wouldn’t even be up to VFL standard.

But do you really think that Pies fans would pick Oliver? Pretty sure they’d jump at the chance to get Curnow or Hipwood

Maybe. Will have to see him show anything like Hogan has first. He's a good player but he hasn't really done anything yet
That’s not the point of this thread at all though. If you drafted based off who had shown the most to date then Jack Higgins goes pick 1 in last years draft

Haven't seen him on many top 10s but I'm a big fan of Josh Dunkley. Once he gets a full time midfield gig I can see him becoming as good as every mid in this draft bar Oliver.

Will be a decent midfielder who can rest forward in the long run

Insert Charlie Curnow into a astronger team and he'd dazzel, huge scope for improvment too , very talented.
That’s not how it works. I remember when Jack Riewoldt won a Colman in a spoon team and everyone just presumed he’d kick 90+ goals when Richmond finally got good.

As Carlton get better they won’t kick to Curnow 95% of the time..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back