Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The disappointment from this draft so far for me is Parish. He was a superstar in the juniors but you just don’t notice him at afl level, so bland.

Not saying that won’t change, but at this stage he’s looked nowhere near the player he was for Falcons.

The disappointment from this draft so far for me is Parish. He was a superstar in the juniors but you just don’t notice him at afl level, so bland.

Not saying that won’t change, but at this stage he’s looked nowhere near the player he was for Falcons.
Yeah true, doesn't have a real firing attribute either. Skills arent a standout, speed isnt, athleticism isnt, height - no. Doesn't get a great amount of the ball.

Comparing him to Oliver taken just before him isn't a great light either.

You'd have to trade Parish and a top 10 pick to have a shot of getting Oliver.

I'm sure Essendon supporters who watch him closely will disagree, but bland is a good description. He doesn't stand out at all, other than the fact he does everything to a tidy level. Reminds me a bit of Josh Carr; he played 200 games but never had that standout attribute.

Are you serious?

Have you watched Burton/Hipwood play?
Curnow will be unbelievable, but he's not put it together just yet. A lot of noise around him due to round 1, game 1. He, Burton and Hipwood have all shown flashes of brilliance. Weitering did too, early on. At the moment, the only one to truly standout is Oliver. Maybe it'll be different in a few years, but right now he stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Curnow will be unbelievable, but he's not put it together just yet. A lot of noise around him due to round 1, game 1. He, Burton and Hipwood have all shown flashes of brilliance. Weitering did too, early on. At the moment, the only one to truly standout is Oliver. Maybe it'll be different in a few years, but right now he stands head and shoulders above the rest.
This isn't really a response to what I said. This is just you saying "yeah but how goods the player from my team?". We know Oliver's good.

This isn't really a response to what I said. This is just you saying "yeah but how goods the player from my team?". We know Oliver's good.
? You were responding to a comment about how far in front Oliver (and Curnow) is by implying that what Burton and Hipwood have shown suggests they aren't far behind, and he argued why Oliver is in fact a standout. It is a direct response.

Are you serious?

Have you watched Burton/Hipwood play?
yes.

Oliver is streets ahead and Curnow will be a mutch better player

Would have Burton and Hipwood in my top 5 though. Just not in the class of the top 2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm sure Essendon supporters who watch him closely will disagree, but bland is a good description. He doesn't stand out at all, other than the fact he does everything to a tidy level. Reminds me a bit of Josh Carr; he played 200 games but never had that standout attribute.

Think he should end up better than Carr.

Parish is going along fine. If he sorts out his kicking he's pretty much a complete player. It's only Oliver's freakishness that is making people think he's been a let down .

Think he should end up better than Carr.

Parish is going along fine. If he sorts out his kicking he's pretty much a complete player. It's only Oliver's freakishness that is making people think he's been a let down .
Agree will be a good 200 game player. Just not a star

? You were responding to a comment about how far in front Oliver (and Curnow) is by implying that what Burton and Hipwood have shown suggests they aren't far behind, and he argued why Oliver is in fact a standout. It is a direct response.
Lol shocker. Three demons supporters backing eachother up all saying how good Oliver is. Youre barely acknowledging the Curnow aspect. All you hear is Oliver. For the record, it was more about the other three as they are all key's. I wouldnt compare Hipwood to Oliver. Its like comparing Buddy to Joel Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree will be a good 200 game player. Just not a star

Never going to threaten the absolute freaks but I think he can get to Lachie Neale/Rory Sloane/Steele Sidebottom type levels who are all probably described as stars by most.

Dons need to give him more onball time I think he is genuinely our best inside mid obviously wouldn't be the case at any other club though.

Never going to threaten the absolute freaks but I think he can get to Lachie Neale/Rory Sloane/Steele Sidebottom type levels who are all probably described as stars by most.

Dons need to give him more onball time I think he is genuinely our best inside mid obviously wouldn't be the case at any other club though.
Rory Sloane?

So you reckon he will be a league top 5 midfielder?

Very optimistic imo.

i reckon he will be more at the Zaharakis level. Good walk up best 22 player, but no star

Rory Sloane?

Very optimistic imo.

i reckon he will be more at the Zaharakis level. Good walk up best 22 player, but no star

Sloane's not a top 5 mid imo . He had a 10 game stretch where that was the case it doesn't mean he's up there. For example Brent Stanton had a 10 game stretch where he was head and sboilders the best wingman in the comp but no one would ever have considered him a topline mid.

I'm confident Parish will end up a better footballer than Zaharakis who doesn't have Parish's ability in traffic.

Rory Sloane?

Very optimistic imo.

He'll end up way better than Zaharakis. Much smarter footballer

Lol shocker. Three demons supporters backing eachother up all saying how good Oliver is. Youre barely acknowledging the Curnow aspect. All you hear is Oliver. For the record, it was more about the other three as they are all key's. I wouldnt compare Hipwood to Oliver. Its like comparing Buddy to Joel Selwood.
I’m not backing him up, just questioning your comprehension ability.

For the record I don’t think Curnow’s output is that far ahead of Hipwood’s, and definitely is around the same level as Burton. That has nothing to do with Oliver’s existence. But those three have shown about the same amount

I’m not backing him up, just questioning your comprehension ability
My comprehension ability? Do you mean my ability to comprehend? If you're gonna do the classic bigfooty "I'll try sound smart cause there's a change the other guy isn't educated", do it right.

My comprehension ability? Do you mean my ability to comprehend? If you're gonna do the classic bigfooty "I'll try sound smart cause there's a change the other guy isn't educated", do it right.
?

You seemed to be suggesting that Curnow and Oliver are not the two standouts because Hipwood and Burton are around. Definitely a comprehension issue.

?

You seemed to be suggesting that Curnow and Oliver are not the two standouts because Hipwood and Burton are around. Definitely a comprehension issue.
No, I completely understand the comment I made. That's what I believe to be true. If you believe Oliver is a clear stand out, you'd have no issue in explaining to me how Oliver is better than Hipwood (One of the mentioned players). Really really looking forward to it.

No, I completely understand the comment I made. That's what I believe to be true. If you believe Oliver is a clear stand out, you'd have no issue in explaining to me how Oliver is better than Hipwood (One of the mentioned players). Really really looking forward to it.
Hipwood is a bit of highlights real and that is all he will be.

Doesn't get the ball much at all, takes few marks and doesn't kick that many goals. But when he does something it is flashy and that is why he is hyped up.

v

Oliver
Racks up massive numbers and is already one of the top 5 contested in and under mids in the league.

Hipwood is a bit of highlights real and that is all he will be.

Doesn't get the ball much at all, takes few marks and doesn't kick that many goals. But when he does something it is flashy and that is why he is hyped up.

v

Oliver
Racks up massive numbers and is already one of the top 5 contested in and under mids in the league.
Yeah, you're right actually. Hipwood doesn't rack up numbers and that's why Oliver is better. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, you're right actually. Hipwood doesn't rack up numbers and that's why Oliver is better. Thanks for clearing that up.
Not that he doesn't rack up huge numbers, more like he hardly gets the ball at all.

Care to elaborate as to why you think him and Burton are better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back