Remove this Banner Ad

Mystical Mac

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2008
Kew
AFL Club
Hawthorn
how would clubs draft players from the 2003 draft if they drafted them now

1. Bulldogs - Adam Cooney -he is the best player from this draft and the dogs would not change

2. Carlton - Sam Fisher - good rebounding key defender and would be perfect for blues

3. Melbourne - Colin Sylvia - last season convinced them that this a good pick

4. Bulldogs - Jed Adcock - good attacking half back for the dogs

5. Melbourne - Brent Stanton - good midfielder and the demons need good anything

6. Essendon - Brock Mclean - injury have made him worse but can be a very good midfielder for dons

7. Geelong - Farren Ray - showed this year he can be very good if a tough midfield

8. St Kilda - Zac Dawson - value him very high after 2009

9. North Melb - Michael Rischitelli - next best midfielder to add to the roos

10. Fremantle - Troy Chaplin - take a big and solid backman that they need

11. West Coast - stay with tough Beau Waters who they rate

12. Fremantle - Andrew Walker - a big disapointment but could be good if fit and freo need all types

13. Essendon - Amon Buchanan - a handy forward midfielder

14. Adelaide - Daniel Jackson - good tagger midfielder that crows would like

15. Port Adelaide - Raph Clarke - not very good but is athletic

16. Sydney -Ben Hudson - need a good ruckman to replace jolly and hudson is a strong one

Re: redo the 2003 draft now that we have seen them

i didnt do father son but i would have shaw at 3 as well.

it was a bad draft.

Would probably be the Worst in the last Decade

You havn't taken into account the rookie draft of that year.

Aaron Davey
Daniel Pratt
Josh Drummond
Andrew Lovett
Paul Duffield
Nathan Foley
Andrew Carrazzo

Would improve that list significantly.

12. Fremantle - Andrew Walker - a big disapointment
:rolleyes:

Missing two years with injury after playing 74 games before he turned 22 is the big disappointment.

Walker was better than Ray and Dawson before recurrent shoulders brought him down.

More talented than those two hacks.

Fisher is the only player I'd take in hindsight, yet the Saints rated Clarke ahead of him.

A very good draft, more for the depth than anything else.. have a look at some of these names deeper into the draft.

National Draft:

(1) Adam Cooney
(2) Andrew Walker
(3) Colin Silvia
(4) Farren Ray
(5) Brock McLean
(13) Brent Stanton
(28) Jay Nash
(30) Brad Symes
(33) Jed Adcock
(36) Chris A. Johnson
(38) Mark Blake
(44) Ricky Dyson
(48) Heath Shaw
(53) Daniel Jackson
(55) Sam Fisher
(58) Ben Hudson
(61) Michael Rischitelli
(73) Shane Tuck

Pre Season Draft (Excluding Mature Age Picks)
(8) Michael Johnson
(10) Jacob Surjan

Rookie Draft
(2) Andrew Carrazo
(3) Aaron Davey
(4) Nathan Foley
(10) Paul Duffield
(27) Nathan Lovett Murray
(42) Andrew Lovett

Some pretty handy players deeper into the draft than what most people would expect.

Especially in the rookie draft, a ball winning machine, a B&F winner and a coulpe of indigenious speedsters.

You havn't taken into account the rookie draft of that year.

Aaron Davey
Daniel Pratt
Josh Drummond
Andrew Lovett
Paul Duffield
Nathan Foley
Andrew Carrazzo

Would improve that list significantly.

Better then the National Draft:eek:

Butler should be able to creep into the top 16 of that draft. Finally got some game time in 2009 and was a real bonus for us down back in the second half of the season.

Buchanan
Waters
Butler

No other Premiership players from the 2003 draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how would clubs draft players from the 2003 draft if they drafted them now

1. Bulldogs - Adam Cooney -he is the best player from this draft and the dogs would not change

2. Carlton - Sam Fisher - good rebounding key defender and would be perfect for blues

3. Melbourne - Colin Sylvia - last season convinced them that this a good pick

4. Bulldogs - Jed Adcock - good attacking half back for the dogs

5. Melbourne - Brent Stanton - good midfielder and the demons need good anything

6. Essendon - Brock Mclean - injury have made him worse but can be a very good midfielder for dons

7. Geelong - Farren Ray - showed this year he can be very good if a tough midfield

8. St Kilda - Zac Dawson - value him very high after 2009

9. North Melb - Michael Rischitelli - next best midfielder to add to the roos

10. Fremantle - Troy Chaplin - take a big and solid backman that they need

11. West Coast - stay with tough Beau Waters who they rate

12. Fremantle - Andrew Walker - a big disapointment but could be good if fit and freo need all types

13. Essendon - Amon Buchanan - a handy forward midfielder

14. Adelaide - Daniel Jackson - good tagger midfielder that crows would like

16. Sydney -Ben Hudson - need a good ruckman to replace jolly and hudson is a strong one
Plain and simply no. I would cry in fits of hysteria if we took on Raphael Clarke... even posthumously.

sorry but Raph Clarke is one of the biggest spuds currently on a list, I'd rate Tuck and Hudson easily higher. Doesn't deserve top 20.

There's an increasing propensity on BF to use the word "dribble" when in fact they mean drivel.

I wouldn't trade Sylvia for Shaw. The club is expecting big things from Sylvia in 2010. He's been named as the preseason standout by Bailey.

And if we redo the draft Davey becomes a top 5 pick.

I would have Sylvia ahead of anyone in this draft, even Cooney.

lol dreaming cooney is a brownlow medielst best player in this draft bye a mile!

Cant believe David Mundy's name hasn't been mentioned here. Has played 100 odd games in a row since debut, mostly fairly consistent as well, excellent skills, plenty of upside for him as well as he gets his fitness up further and has good leadership skills. For those mentioning names like Raff Clarke, Buchanan, Walker, Rischetteli etc as being better performed than Mundy take off the rose coloured glasses and look at things a bit more subjectively.
My top 5 for what its worth
1. Cooney
2. Sam Fisher
3. Troy Chaplin
4. David Mundy
5. Colin Sylvia

My attempt, not looking at team needs:
1. A.Cooney
2. S.Fisher
3. A.Davey
4. H.Shaw
5. C.Sylvia
6. J.Adcock
7. T.Chaplin
8. B.McLean
9. B.Stanton
10. J.Drummond
11. M.Johnson
12. B.Hudson
13. N.Foley
14. A.Walker
15. F.Ray
16. P.Duffield
17. M.Rischatelli
18. M.Blake
19. B.Waters
20. D.Mundy
21. Z.Dawson
22. S.O'hAilpan
23. R.Dyson
24. A.Carazzo
25. N.Lovett-Murray
26. K.Bradley

(A.Lovett left out)

Cant believe David Mundy's name hasn't been mentioned here. Has played 100 odd games in a row since debut, mostly fairly consistent as well, excellent skills, plenty of upside for him as well as he gets his fitness up further and has good leadership skills. For those mentioning names like Raff Clarke, Buchanan, Walker, Rischetteli etc as being better performed than Mundy take off the rose coloured glasses and look at things a bit more subjectively.
1. Cooney
2. Sam Fisher
3. Troy Chaplin
4. David Mundy
5. Colin Sylvia

Agree.

Mundy would be in the top 10 of drafted players.

And you accuse me of speaking dribble.

And with good reason :D

Seriously though, Sylvia is actually one of the league's most damaging footballers on his day (see Hawthorn, Rd 9, 2009 for an example).

If Sylvia can get some consistency it has merit. Some performances he put in last year were insane.

Yeah, I agree with this, I'm guessing you remember the performance he put in against Collingwood last year?

I think he has an amazing skillset, whilst having very few weaknesses in his game. The only issue has been his consistency, which has stemmed largely from a combination of injuries and a lack of mental application.

These problems seem to be behind him though, and Bailey apparently feels that he's in for an amazing 2010. I think the sentiment I have expressed in this thread will be looked upon more favourably this time next year.

1. Cooney
2. Sam Fisher
3. Troy Chaplin
4. David Mundy
5. Colin Sylvia

That is just too funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back