3. Taylor
4. Cotchin
5. Tex
6. Rioli
7. Thompson
8. Ebert
9. Hooker
10. Steven

Pretty good top end in this draft, some quality KPP and prime moving mids.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
1. Dangerfield
2. Ward
3. Taylor
4. Cotchin
5. Tex
6. Rioli
7. Thompson
8. Ebert
9. Hooker
10. Steven

Pretty good top end in this draft, some quality KPP and prime moving mids.
Good list. Riloi is the tough one to rank - at his best he ihs right at the top end. But consistency and his body holding up hurts him. The 4 named after him now have claims to that 6th spot.

Watson_my_mind

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Good list. Riloi is the tough one to rank - at his best he ihs right at the top end. But consistency and his body holding up hurts him. The 4 named after him now have claims to that 6th spot.

Yeah obviously in the first couple of years he was the clear standout, the players from 7 - 10 probably are better players, but a recruiter from a marketing point of view and with his ability to turn a game on its head, would not pass on him if he were still available. Apart from Port, they would take Ebert I reckon.

Dangerfield and Ward pretty much spot on at 1 and 2, the best mids from this draft, with Harry Taylor being the most valuable KPP with runs on the board.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Ward plays for his team. Cotchin plays to get stats
Glad to see some people are finally starting to see this.

Saw a stat on Footy Classified tonight - Cotchin averages 16 meters gained per disposal... 16 meters per disposal. That's barely the distance of a 'legal' kick.

I want Ward back :( Kid is a gun and is just finally starting to get recognised as an elite midfielder. Yes an elite midfielder. And has relished the captaincy as well. Can't say anything bad about him. Well I can, but I'm not going to :D

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I want Ward back :( Kid is a gun and is just finally starting to get recognised as an elite midfielder. Yes an elite midfielder. And has relished the captaincy as well. Can't say anything bad about him. Well I can, but I'm not going to :D

Surely having Macrae as his replacement makes up for a lot of negativity around losing Ward. This kid looks special.

Surely having Macrae as his replacement makes up for a lot of negativity around losing Ward. This kid looks special.
I rather have macrae and and another compo pick to match the scully compo nomsaiyan? Having Macrae, Stringer and one of Kennedy/Grundy from the first round of the draft would help.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Ward plays for his team. Cotchin plays to get stats
Couldn't agree more. Ward gets in the ball in right and also does the tackles and the 1%s. Whereas Cotchin does the 1-2s and chip kicks sideways and backwards in the back half.

Back