Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Duncan > Cunnington for mine.

more class, skill and hurt factor.

Menzel would have been top 2 or 3 if it wernt for his injuries... Not many players had a better first 20 games with the same amount of enormous potential is Menzel. Fingers crossed he stays fit. I think he can recapture that form but it might be in 2017... he has played almost zero footy in 5 years.

And here i thought i was The Joker..

The only joker was Nick Suban trying to tackle him.

DMn9Tnh.gif

Casboult at 44 and Podsiadily at 50 (played in a premiership) in the Rookie draft are decent picks. Collingwood took Luke Ball at 30, and played in their premiership. Duryea's managed 2 premierships to date.

Fyfe
Gunston
Ball
Gawn
Duncan
Scully
Duryea
Podsiadily
Martin
Barlow

Purely from memory:

Fyfe
D. Martin
Gawn
Cunnington
Gunston
Duncan
Barlow
Carlisle
Jpod
Pittard
Scully
Christensen
Colyer
Crameri
Bastinac

Maybe not Christensen but Duncan is a gun and light years ahead of him.

Cunnington IMO is a handy player but he has stalled at that 18-22 possession 'clearance' midfielder. He needs to be doing more than that IMO.
We finished top 4 the last 2 years. He finished 1st and 2nd in the B&F. The coaches at least can recognise how good he is even if the average footy watcher doesn't. Some like flash over substance - lol light years.....

Yeah, Duncan > Cunnington for mine.

more class, skill and hurt factor.

Menzel would have been top 2 or 3 if it wernt for his injuries... Not many players had a better first 20 games with the same amount of enormous potential is Menzel. Fingers crossed he stays fit. I think he can recapture that form but it might be in 2017... he has played almost zero footy in 5 years.

Mitch Duncan is the most underrated player in that draft. He's a match winner.

As good as Ben Cunnington is, he's not the type of player that hurts you by foot. He's an excellent in and under midfielder but Duncan has the finishing ability around goal.

Purely from memory:

Fyfe
D. Martin
Gawn
Cunnington
Gunston
Duncan
Barlow
Carlisle
Jpod
Pittard
Scully
Christensen
Colyer
Crameri
Bastinac
hate to be the guy from where's the player from my team but brad shepard would be above a handful of guys on that list. Sensational year last year where he played and negated guys who were much bigger and stronger than him. Started the season slowly but in the last few games he has started hitting his 2014 form a again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hate to be the guy from where's the player from my team but brad shepard would be above a handful of guys on that list. Sensational year last year where he played and negated guys who were much bigger and stronger than him. Started the season slowly but in the last few games he has started hitting his 2014 form a again.

"Purely from memory".
Didn't have access to the draft, was on my phone.

Meh it was a feel good comment, I see you got all creamy...

You underrate the Average, that's something you will have to come to grips with!
Maybe the younger generation use different language but I have no idea what you meant by that post.

His marking and ball handling set him apart from your garden variety inside plodder. He also has elite awareness, sort of Pendlebury like.

He isn't on Dustin Martins level (which is above average but below the best) but he is better than Will Langford (which is below average but above the rookies) so going by that I would say he is your average midfielder with players like Lachie Neale!

Now I said he is a plodder simply because of the way he moves around the ground (am I wrong), Sam Mitchell, Dane Swan, Tom Rockliff are all plodders (that's not exactly a bad thing now is it), they however do offer more!

People are acting like I said he was a ******* s**t crab footballer, one poster though said "this bloke is the best exponent of the handball in the comp" which is just far from true...

Last edited:
Top 15 for me so far:

Fyfe
Martin
Gawn
Talia
Cunnington
Gunston
Duncan
Scully
Carlisle
Barlow
Pittard
Stratton
MacMillan
Sheppard
Stevens
Colyer

I'd also just note that if Dan Menzel can get his body right for a prolonged period of time, he'll jump right into the top 10, he's an immense talent. But as of now, with his severely limited playing time, I'm leaving him just outside this group.

Sheppards been severely underrated here. if you watched the game today he was head an shoulders above any eagles today and kept us in the side for most of the day. He served up this sort of performances last year. Like a lot of defenders his size his not a known accumilator but what he does is shut his man whether their his size, smaller or even bigger than him. He also read the play extremely wells and either intercepts or neautralizes a forward thrust. He also has neat foot skills and speed to rebound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back