Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow really, 2 Brownlow votes!!! Please accept my apology.

You must have missed the 2 All Australian jackets Talia has, but Cunnington did get those 2 Brownlow votes that time
AA isnt comparable. In each game theres 4-6 genuine key defenders and approx 16-18 midfielders....

1. Dustin Martin
2. Nathan Fyfe
3. Daniel Talia
4. Jack Gunston
5. Tom Scully
6. Mitch Duncan
7. Ben Cunnington
8. Jake Carlisle
9. Max Gawn
10. Ben Stratton
11. Jasper Pittard
12. Dylan Roberton
13. Jake Melksham
14. Allen Christensen
15. David Astbury
Special mention to Luke Ball
Not a fan of people doing the "but what about my player?" but I'm sorry Jamie Macmillan>Melksham, Christensen by just acres and acres.

1. Dustin Martin
2. Nathan Fyfe
3. Daniel Talia
4. Jack Gunston
5. Tom Scully
6. Mitch Duncan
7. Ben Cunnington
8. Jake Carlisle
9. Max Gawn
10. Ben Stratton
11. Jasper Pittard
12. Dylan Roberton
13. Jake Melksham
14. Allen Christensen
15. David Astbury
Special mention to Luke Ball[/

Few solid names missed.

Dylan Grimes
Matthew Wright
Sam Reid (Swans)
Brad Shepphard
Jamie Macmillan
Daniel Menzel

Easily. One shows up on grand final day for starters.

Talia is very overrated. Was good on his day but that’s well gone now. Picken has been much more consistent across a range of positions
Lol, yeah Picken has been consistently amongst the best players in the competition for his position & been an All Australian.

Picken is handy but you have blue, red & white goggles on.

You are deluded
I'm not a big fan of Macmillan, but even with a broken hand, which saw him miss most of the season, he was better than Melksham this year by the averages (even career wise, Macmillian slightly edges out Melksham via pure stats):

• Macmillian averaged 18.6 disposals a game at 83.5% efficiency, while Melksham averaged 16.6 disposals at 67%.
  • Macmiilan averaged less clangers and averaged more bounces, more one-percenters, more metres gained as well as averaged a lot more intercept disposals.
  • Melksham averaged more tackles, goals, clearances and a slight edge in marks.

Considering that and the career averages, which tell a similar tale, Macmillan as a player has outperformed and is slightly better than Melksham. Macmillian's decision making and ability to kick the footy half-decently are traits that Melksham often lacks.

Both honest, but ultimately average players that every team requires.

Lol, yeah Picken has been consistently amongst the best players in the competition for his position & been an All Australian.

Picken is handy but you have blue, red & white goggles on.
He had a really good two years from 2015-16, but he seemed to really dropped off this during large patches this season to his pre-2015 averages, which were solid, but nothing special.

I'm not a big fan of Macmillan, but even with a broken hand, which saw him miss most of the season, he was better than Melksham this year by the averages (even career wise, Macmillian slightly edges out Melksham via pure stats):

• Macmillian averaged 18.6 disposals a game at 83.5% efficiency, while Melksham averaged 16.6 disposals at 67%.
  • Macmiilan averaged less clangers and averaged more bounces, more one-percenters, more metres gained as well as averaged a lot more intercept disposals.
  • Melksham averaged more tackles, goals, clearances and a slight edge in marks.

Considering that and the career averages, which tell a similar tale, Macmillan as a player has outperformed and is slightly better than Melksham. Macmillian's decision making and ability to kick the footy half-decently are traits that Melksham often lacks.

Both honest, but ultimately average players that every team requires.
Firstly, let me say that your boy has had a better and more consistent career. No doubt.

But "clangers", "bounces" and "one percenters" ? Are you taking the p155 ?

Tell me where Dustin Martin ranked in the competition this year for clangers and then tell me how it ranks in importance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, let me say that your boy has had a better and more consistent career. No doubt.

But "clangers", "bounces" and "one percenters" ? Are you taking the p155 ?

Tell me where Dustin Martin ranked in the competition this year for clangers and then tell me how it ranks in importance.
There's a reason why I said via pure stats. Quantitative v qualitative analysis.

And then you proceed to use stats that are utterly irrelevant in judging footballers and their worth.
Not utterly irrelevant at all when it was matched up with the qualitative stuff I said, ie, better kick of the footy.

This has got to be one of the stupidest and most pointless debates I've ever been involved in on bf.

Not utterly irrelevant at all when it was matched up with the qualitative stuff I said, ie, better kick of the footy.

This has got to be one of the stupidest and most pointless debates I've ever been involved in on bf.
In isolation those 3 stats are useless and combined with every other aspect of football those 3 stats are useless.

The 4 highest clanger kings in history are Greene, Martin, Franklin and Fyfe.

It's the most useless stat ever invented and doesn't add weight to ANY argument, no matter the context.

Think your father son vs academy thread has this one covered by the distance from Arden St to the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back