Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He's improved and good on him for doing so, but while we were saying we preferred pick 5 (we're still very happy with the result in Francis anyway) Saints supporters were more than happy to get rid of him saying he wasn't going to improve drastically and was surplus to needs. If you're going to make out there's an egg on face situation, then make sure you realise it works both ways.
I was one that was suggesting him as part of the trade, but it wasn't because I didn't think he had plenty of improvement in him. He was looking like having a break-out year last year until he tore his hammy off the bone against you guys in the preseason game and he was very much like Armitage in that he'd genuinely improved steadily from season to season and there was really no telling how long he would continue to improve until he hit his ceiling.

But I just believed that if you want quality you have to give up something of quality and I put him forward as a genuine option who I believed had enough quality (when combined with something else, like our 2nd-rounder, or Hickey), but got pretty much ridiculed for the suggestion, as if we were just offering up our scraps- for someone who I didn't believe, and still don't, was worth pick 5, given all the uncertainty around WADA and all his personal baggage.

I was one that was suggesting him as part of the trade, but it wasn't because I didn't think he had plenty of improvement in him. He was looking like having a break-out year last year until he tore his hammy off the bone against you guys in the preseason game and he was very much like Armitage in that he'd genuinely improved steadily from season to season and there was really no telling how long he would continue to improve until he hit his ceiling.

But I just believed that if you want quality you have to give up something of quality and I put him forward as a genuine option who I believed had enough quality (when combined with something else, like our 2nd-rounder, or Hickey), but got pretty much ridiculed for the suggestion, as if we were just offering up our scraps- for someone who I didn't believe, and still don't, was worth pick 5, given all the uncertainty around WADA and all his personal baggage.

You weren't the only one suggesting Ross, aside from the laughable PSD crowd it was the running theme on your board and on here, with the general consensus being he was surplus to needs and wouldn't develop much further.

Seb Ross looking very good value at pick 25

Can't believe there's any doubt about Wingard ahead of Treloar

Wingard is a top 20 player in the comp

haha Treloar over Wingard eve3ry day of the week, and that's not bias that's pure honesty.

Treloar is dual AA and single best and fairest winner?

Right, didn't think so.

Right now Treloar is almost as good as Pendlebury, Wingard is not in the same stratosphere, you think I give a s**t about AA Forward line possies. Treloar is lightyears a better player right now.

Right now Treloar is almost as good as Pendlebury, Wingard is not in the same stratosphere, you think I give a s**t about AA Forward line possies. Treloar is lightyears a better player right now.
one of the better performing mids in the comp
Lock #1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are having a laugh at Adams ahead of Haynes,Greene especially.

Swap Neale and Docherty too but that's a minor thing
I believe in placing players higher if they have larger runs on the board. Haynes has only come on this year, Greene stagnated for quite a while; only his 2016 has placed him high in the discussion. Adams had played very well for the last two seasons and was reasonable in 2014 also.

I believe in placing players higher if they have larger runs on the board. Haynes has only come on this year, Greene stagnated for quite a while; only his 2016 has placed him high in the discussion. Adams had played very well for the last two seasons and was reasonable in 2014 also.

Greene made the AA side and won a B&F in the year his side finished top 4 and made a Prelim. No matter how you spin it he's been far better than Adams.

Last edited:
If the kids we signed the year before were available in this draft where would they fall?

Could only see Cameron, Shiel and treloar in the top 10 with bugg and Wilson in the late first to second rounds

I'd have T. Mitchell ahead of Adams, too.

Greene has been much better, he is an AA player, Adams isn't. Haynes I'd take ahead of Adams, and Tom Mitchell would be borderline. No way Adams is 4th though personally, probably in the 7-10 range.

When discussing performance, yes, we would think you care whether someone is one of the top few forwards in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back