Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

As an Adelaide supporter I would take Wingrad, Neale and Greene infront of laird, but no one else

Laird is a beast, but until he proves him self in the midfield i would have coniglio and titchell ahead, apart from that he's next in line. I would would personally have coniglio and tichell one and two.

There are two options here - current output, and end of career predictions. I think current output is probably the best way to go with it

1. Chad Wingard
2. Lachie Neale
3. Stephen Coniglio
4. Tom Mitchell
5. Sam Docherty
6. Toby Greene
7. Rory Laird
8. Taylor Adams
9. Mark Blicavs
10. Dom Tyson
11. Tory Dickson
12. Nick Haynes
13. Jonathan Patton
14. Brandon Ellis
15. Elliott Yeo

I agree, i think there is a clear standout top 4 with the next 4 (you 4th-8th) also even all depending on preferences with both groups when determining the order. Only exception which would change in the next year or 2 being Patton.

Laird should be in every top ten.
He is 2 x in the 40 man AA squad, 2 x in the U22 squad and runner up in a B&F behind a brownlow winner.
He is Mr consistancy and while he is an excellent defender he can hurt with his rebound.

Taylor Adams is one of the worst kicks from a midfielder I've seen. I'd have no problem with him getting it 30 times when a fair few go down the oppo's throat.

There must be league of Elite Kicks Then:straining:

There must be league of Elite Kicks Then:straining:
I reckon I can name 100 blokes who EASILY use the footy better than butcher Adams off the top of my head.

I think this comes down to list needs. Hawthorn & Adelaide I'd imagine would go with Coniglio, as where a Sydney or Geelong would probably go Wingard.
It really does depend which angle you look at it whether that's from a list needs perspective or best talent available. Like you said, there is probably more of a need for the Swans and the Cats for example to go for a player like a Wingard rather than a Coniglio. Redoing the draft now, you could make a case for either of them to be picked higher and personally I'd probably pick Wingard. Purely because I think quality small forwards are much scarcer to find than midfielders and also it's not often we see a small forward make such a consistent impact on the scoreboard so early in their careers which in Wingard's case started from his second season until now.

Laird is a beast, but until he proves him self in the midfield i would have coniglio and titchell ahead, apart from that he's next in line. I would would personally have coniglio and tichell one and two.

Just out of curiosity. Why would a defender need to prove himself in the midfield? I agree that titchell and conigs are ahead of Laird at the moment.

It really does depend which angle you look at it whether that's from a list needs perspective or best talent available. Like you said, there is probably more of a need for the Swans and the Cats for example to go for a player like a Wingard rather than a Coniglio. Redoing the draft now, you could make a case for either of them to be picked higher and personally I'd probably pick Wingard. Purely because I think quality small forwards are much scarcer to find than midfielders and also it's not often we see a small forward make such a consistent impact on the scoreboard so early in their careers which in Wingard's case started from his second season until now.
Pretty sure Wingard plays for us anyway:

kade-stewart-of-the-hawks-is-tackled-by-kyle-langford-and-orazio-of-picture-id539178454

1. Wingard
2. Neale
3. Greene
4. Blicavs
5. Coniglio
6. T.Mitchell
7. Docherty
8. Laird
9. Tyson
10. S.Ross
11. Yeo
12. B.Hill
13. D.Smith
14. Adams
15. Gibson
16. Patton
17. Ellis
18. Newnes
19. Dickson
20. Spurr
There's no way I'd have Blicavs ahead of Coniglio. I'm a fan of Blitz, and it's great to see that opposition supporters rate him, but he isn't better than Cogs, in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way I'd have Blicavs ahead of Coniglio. I'm a fan of Blitz, and it's great to see that opposition supporters rate him, but he isn't better than Cogs, in my opinion.
I expect Cognilio to go past him. But on current output, that is how I would rank them

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Looking at many of the redone draft's in this thread, I reckon Patton could be the biggest riser this year.

Looking back over the past few pages in this thread Patton has been placed a couple of times in the top 5, a couple of times just in or outside the top 10 and also a couple of times just in or outside the top 15. So he's got a pretty high range of where people would take them and I don't think there's many players in this draft that would have a wide range like he does.

I don't think there's much doubt that last year was his best year and his form at the end of the year, in particular his last four games were very impressive from a scoreboard and a marks I50 perspective. He kicked 16 goals in three of his last four games (Rd 22, 23 & PF) and in those three games he kicked 6, 5 and 4 goals respectively. Before those games, Patton had never kicked over 3 goals a game. Not surprisingly, the amount of marks I50 he had in those three games were very high as well with 6, 4 and 3 respectively.

Considering Patton's most recent form from last year as well as him having a near full season playing 23 games, I think Patton will go to another level this year. I think he will start to have more of an impact throughout the season and I reckon he will play more games like his last four from last year. If he does do that, by seasons end I think he would be in most people's top 5 when the draft is redone.

Looking at many of the redone draft's in this thread, I reckon Patton could be the biggest riser this year.

Looking back over the past few pages in this thread Patton has been placed a couple of times in the top 5, a couple of times just in or outside the top 10 and also a couple of times just in or outside the top 15. So he's got a pretty high range of where people would take them and I don't think there's many players in this draft that would have a wide range like he does.

I don't think there's much doubt that last year was his best year and his form at the end of the year, in particular his last four games were very impressive from a scoreboard and a marks I50 perspective. He kicked 16 goals in three of his last four games (Rd 22, 23 & PF) and in those three games he kicked 6, 5 and 4 goals respectively. Before those games, Patton had never kicked over 3 goals a game. Not surprisingly, the amount of marks I50 he had in those three games were very high as well with 6, 4 and 3 respectively.

Considering Patton's most recent form from last year as well as him having a near full season playing 23 games, I think Patton will go to another level this year. I think he will start to have more of an impact throughout the season and I reckon he will play more games like his last four from last year. If he does do that, by seasons end I think he would be in most people's top 5 when the draft is redone.
Has done very well to come back from two knee recos and play like he has. Hopefully he can start to fully realise his potential and a powerful full forward

Hill gets underrated a fair bit on these boards. Alto of people expect him to drop away but until he does surly he has more runs on the board then haynes, patton, Smith and ross.

Although i do tend to rate players on the 'career to date' rather then potential or most recent form.

Other then that JG22 list is pretty spot on!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Taylor Adams is one of the worst kicks from a midfielder I've seen. I'd have no problem with him getting it 30 times when a fair few go down the oppo's throat.
WAS one of the worst**. Don't think you watched a whole heap of him last year, but hit targets consistently. His disposal efficiency jumped a whole 10%, ran at 72%, which for an inside mid, is quite good. He was also a good kick at GWS, just took time to regain composure at collingwood and since then he has been a fine kick. By not means elite shooting 50m darts, but he is reliable by foot now

WAS one of the worst**. Don't think you watched a whole heap of him last year, but hit targets consistently. His disposal efficiency jumped a whole 10%, ran at 72%, which for an inside mid, is quite good. He was also a good kick at GWS, just took time to regain composure at collingwood and since then he has been a fine kick. By not means elite shooting 50m darts, but he is reliable by foot now
Well I wouldn't say reliable by foot, he still tries to overdo his disposals and go for the make or break kick through the corridor. However, like you said the consistency has definitely gone up.

Still a very ordinary user of the ball by foot and his clanger rate actually went up last year. He was never a good kick at GWS, kicking has always been a weak aspect of his game. As Pogba said, he's a mid that doesn't threaten teams racking up disposals.

Still a very ordinary user of the ball by foot and his clanger rate actually went up last year. He was never a good kick at GWS, kicking has always been a weak aspect of his game. As Pogba said, he's a mid that doesn't threaten teams racking up disposals.
Not ordinary at all. Has his shanks, of course. But for the role he plays within the team, his kicking is fine. He is an inside midfielder bull, he isn't in the team to damage teams by foot.

Just out of curiosity. Why would a defender need to prove himself in the midfield? I agree that titchell and conigs are ahead of Laird at the moment.

He wouldnt need to, but in terms of this discussion, looking at it from a list perspective i would take take a a mid or half forward that kicks goals over a half back. Not a knock on him just more of a preference if the choice was there. Still a gun pick anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back