Remove this Banner Ad

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi All
No Footy, No worries
The boys from the Purple Reign will be going through old dockers games from 1995-2015 each week. Recapping the games and talking about the year at the dockers!
All games can be accessed on YouTube, so free for all to watch!
Regards The Purple Reign Podcast

Game Two: 1996 Round 22 Freo vs Fitzroy (Last ever Fitzroy game)

Love your podcast boys keep up the good work! I have a question for you this week - how bad was our trading and drafting in the early years? Bell was delisted after 2 games and went on to play 270 games and be an all Australian. Speaking of 1996, freo drafted a guy with a top 10 pick that year and then neesham delisted him before the next season even started!?! WTF - only the dockers could do that..
And worst of all, back in 1994 we turned down the chance to add Andrew McLeod to the list because he wouldn’t take his earring off in a meeting with neesham!
The 1999 draft where we picked pav and hazelby stands out as an exception to the rule in those early years.
There’s numerous other terrible trading and drafting decisions right through the years that could keep you boys busy for several weeks to come!

Love your podcast boys keep up the good work! I have a question for you this week - how bad was our trading and drafting in the early years? Bell was delisted after 2 games and went on to play 270 games and be an all Australian. Speaking of 1996, freo drafted a guy with a top 10 pick that year and then neesham delisted him before the next season even started!?! WTF - only the dockers could do that..
And worst of all, back in 1994 we turned down the chance to add Andrew McLeod to the list because he wouldn’t take his earring off in a meeting with neesham!
The 1999 draft where we picked pav and hazelby stands out as an exception to the rule in those early years.
There’s numerous other terrible trading and drafting decisions right through the years that could keep you boys busy for several weeks to come!
we need to do a whole pod on this!

Ep 2- Round 22 1996 vs Fitzroy

Game One: 1995 Round 1 Richmond vs Freo

I definitely don't miss those slow bounce downs around the field, so frustrating watching the umpire waste the last 15 seconds of the game fluffing about saying a prayer before trying to bounce it into the turf in a way to favour the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

I have listened to a few of these.
I have also listened to basically all of Bill Simmons re-watchable podcasts including the more recent Michael Jordan ones and thought i'd swing by with some feedback on what i think your missing and could be useful.

I think some more analysis on the actual game itself and the key moment of the game.

Using the 1999 Derby as an example, you mentioned they kicked the first 3 and then we went on a run and kicked 7 straight. What was the momentum changer? What were the big moments? How about Willsy and his running goal which from memory was the 7th of the lot.
The Modra goal that you talked about, you didn't talk about the fact that the Eagles were charging and had brought the margin back to i think less then 3 goals and Mods goal totally broke their backs at that point.

I enjoy the levity and general discussion but i'd love to hear some real analysis on what happened in the game itself and the defining moments.

This weeks ReDockable game is R21 2000 vs WCE aka the Demolition Derby

Hi guys,

I have listened to a few of these.
I have also listened to basically all of Bill Simmons re-watchable podcasts including the more recent Michael Jordan ones and thought i'd swing by with some feedback on what i think your missing and could be useful.

I think some more analysis on the actual game itself and the key moment of the game.

Using the 1999 Derby as an example, you mentioned they kicked the first 3 and then we went on a run and kicked 7 straight. What was the momentum changer? What were the big moments? How about Willsy and his running goal which from memory was the 7th of the lot.
The Modra goal that you talked about, you didn't talk about the fact that the Eagles were charging and had brought the margin back to i think less then 3 goals and Mods goal totally broke their backs at that point.

I enjoy the levity and general discussion but i'd love to hear some real analysis on what happened in the game itself and the defining moments.

I’ve been listening to you for last couple years. Haven’t written in or submitted a question but keep up the good work boys. I think you’ve got the right balance. As you say you’re just two regular fans doing a pod cast. There are other places to go if you want what Wiz is looking for. Keep it fun and light with your GBD, listeners questions, Oz’s beats (still waiting to hear those on Spotify) and now music quiz. One day I’ll drop a line but keep er movin until then.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I’ve been listening to you for last couple years. Haven’t written in or submitted a question but keep up the good work boys. I think you’ve got the right balance. As you say you’re just two regular fans doing a pod cast. There are other places to go if you want what Wiz is looking for. Keep it fun and light with your GBU, listeners questions, Oz’s beats (still waiting to hear those on Spotify) and now music quiz. One day I’ll drop a line but keep er movin until then.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t listen to many AFL pods, a lot of NFL and NBA.
Can you point me in the direction of the pods your referencing please?

Sorry, man, I’m not gonna bite. Give a quick search and you’ll find what you’re looking for. We have different opinions on what we want to listen to and I wanted Duck and Oz to also get feedback from someone who’s listened to them for awhile. You made some good suggestions but I have a different opinion. Maybe you could start your own poddy with the hard hitting analysis you want. I would subscribe tomorrow. 👍

Sorry, man, I’m not gonna bite. Give a quick search and you’ll find what you’re looking for. We have different opinions on what we want to listen to and I wanted Duck and Oz to also get feedback from someone who’s listened to them for awhile. You made some good suggestions but I have a different opinion. Maybe you could start your own poddy with the hard hitting analysis you want. I would subscribe tomorrow. 👍

Ummm it was a genuine question, the only AFL pods I listen to are this one and Duff & Quarters.
I generally avoid the AFL media as they are generally doing a piss poor job trying to imitate their international counterparts.
But If there are any around that actually provide in depth insightful analysis I’d love to hear em.

Ummm it was a genuine question, the only AFL pods I listen to are this one and Duff & Quarters.
I generally avoid the AFL media as they are generally doing a piss poor job trying to imitate their international counterparts.
But If there are any around that actually provide in depth insightful analysis I’d love to hear em.
believe Trends with Marc McGowan from afl.com is meant to be good in this regard, not sure if there's been any this season or not

Hi Wiz

i reckon your spot on with the in depth analysis in the AFL via Podcast. I listen to most the Ringer Pods plus Mike Lombardi. So it sucks the quality of the NFL and NBA pods are replicated in the AFL. Seems to be mainly Journos with limited ideas on the game...
Would love to hear a Ross Lyon type breaking down why teams won and lost.
Duff and Quarters is great for WA (Duff is the best journo in the game imo)

Hi Wiz

i reckon your spot on with the in depth analysis in the AFL via Podcast. I listen to most the Ringer Pods plus Mike Lombardi. So it sucks the quality of the NFL and NBA pods are replicated in the AFL. Seems to be mainly Journos with limited ideas on the game...
Would love to hear a Ross Lyon type breaking down why teams won and lost.
Duff and Quarters is great for WA (Duff is the best journo in the game imo)

On the same page, i listen to everything Ringer.
Also some ESPN (Lowe, Woj and Shefty), Chris Long (Chalk Media) and Lombardi. The actual analysis from thoughtful thinkers and good communicators that aren't chasing clicks is un-rivaled in Australian media.

On the same page, i listen to everything Ringer.
Also some ESPN (Lowe, Woj and Shefty), Chris Long (Chalk Media) and Lombardi. The actual analysis from thoughtful thinkers and good communicators that aren't chasing clicks is un-rivaled in Australian media.

Yeah man i wish there was something like that in AUS- Mike Lombardi is my favourite
I also would love to be up to that standard, but unfortunately we both work full time and this is a hobby. But i will def try to integrate it into show, sometimes i think i dont really have the expertise as well (D Grade Ammos footy is a pretty good level LOL) to confidentially talk about the game in great depth.
But like i said, there is def scope for it in the AFL. Hopefully RTB was going to provide it in the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back