Free Agency Reece Conca [joins Fremantle as an Unrestricted Free Agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly a big fish but he'd obviously be best 22 and if you have the chance to bring in a best 22 player for nothing but cap space you take it.

Biggest problem being his biggest weakness are something we are already bad at so he doesnt exactly help in that regard...
1) Injuries
2) Kicking

I think what we need most is players who are fast and can kick. Not sure if he really ticks either of those boxes but I suppose if he can get a game in Richmond’s best 22 he should be able to do that at Freo.

He's a RFA so no need for a trade, would be good for the Dockers to fill the vacancy left by our Lachie.

I just hope the Neale thing is resolved soon so I don't have to put up with Lions supporters. September trade week premiers.

As far as Conca goes it's a big meh from me.

Not exactly a big fish but he'd obviously be best 22 and if you have the chance to bring in a best 22 player for nothing but cap space you take it.

Biggest problem being his biggest weakness are something we are already bad at so he doesnt exactly help in that regard...
1) Injuries
2) Kicking
Take Reece and you shall Conca :D.

I’d trading for a bag of chips and a soy latte!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Your team plays Mayne in its starting 22 ......... Really

If he gets an offer from Freo for 3 years on reasonable coin $400k a year he should grab it and go , Would love for Reece to be making some money out of the game as his time at Richmond would be limited and probably only get an offer thats very low.

Been unlucky with injuries and is a warrior wouldnt mind him staying but only 1-2 year deal

Interesting career. Really high draft pick, genuine bolter and had plenty of potential as a junior (Reminded me of Marc Murphy in his draft year) but seems have just developed into an average player without any strong traits.

Another player who a lot of bottom clubs could justify going after. Would be a good fit for Freo, and would somewhat mitigate losing Neale, even it's just aiding the development of Brayshaw and Cerra by adding some depth into the squad.

Gold Coast should put a decent long-term contract in front of him, and I wouldn't be surprised if Carlton were interested as well.

Been unlucky with injuries and is a warrior wouldnt mind him staying but only 1-2 year deal
Lol "warrior"
images (8).jpeg

Bloke is a scumbag. Also there are countless examples of bottom 6 players from great teams moving and then not replicating their form elsewhere. I reckon Freo will be thoroughly disappointed if they replaced Neale with Conca.

Cons
lacks polish by foot
Injury prone
Red hair

Pros
Wins inside football
Runs hard both ways
Can play a defensive role.

If he can stay fit he’s a solid performer averaging 19 touches 6 tackles a game in 2018 many times while performing defensive midfield roles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team plays Mayne in its starting 22 ......... Really

If he gets an offer from Freo for 3 years on reasonable coin $400k a year he should grab it and go , Would love for Reece to be making some money out of the game as his time at Richmond would be limited and probably only get an offer thats very low.

You’re kidding right?

You’re kidding right?
Why ?? The guy tries his heart out every game he has played and has had so many injuries and constantly keeps plugging away
Conca is a team man and gives his all for the team .

When i say worrier it doesnt mean he is a champion player but a player that doesnt leave a stone unturned in his effort to help his team

1) Injuries
2) Kicking

Putting those 2 things in an order could take a man hours

A free agent costing us nothing (unlikely Richmond would match) who walks into our best 22, I won’t crack the champagne but it’s a small win if we get him. We have pick 77 as our 2nd choice this draft, we will lose Neale, we have some serious work ahead to do!

Not too sure about that, It would all depend on what the contract offer is i think

If Miles,Lloyd & C.Ellis all leave for new clubs i think Richmond will be looking to hold onto Conca for depth and 3 years at $300k might be matched but if Lloyd stays then dont think we will. If offer is any more i doubt we would

But he is very much valued and held in high regards at the club and his team mates

I'm hoping Freo has developed a machine that can take a whole bunch of vanilla sorta-AFL quality players and turn them into one good one.

raffrox ...... Why would you even bother trying to copy the Carlton model . ;)

Navy Blue is the new Orange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back