Toast Reece Conca - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting deboer and Barlow was the stupidest s**t this club has pulled in years.
The club clearly needed to get some young guys in which they have done beautifully, but I would have kept one of those two, probably de Boer. But it would have meant Banfield may not have got a game last season (or Crowden, Giro etc).

The club clearly needed to get some young guys in which they have done beautifully, but I would have kept one of those two, probably de Boer. But it would have meant Banfield may not have got a game last season (or Crowden, Giro etc).
Banfield ended up working out but the two others could have helped peel make finals and got games on merit.

Our club is turning into the joke of the AFL again.

Decent list that can't win a game, sign Harley for no reason whatsoever, draft a stupid amount of rucks, draft KP players then want more this season, Neale wants out, draft small nothing players that aren't going to make it, and now what, pick another injury prone player that can't kick!!

Conca seems like a nice bloke, but if Freo think our midfield needs a player with below average foot skills. I'm done.

Seems to me he was picked up for his off field leadership and morale if you do some research you would see how good he is with pushing training standards.
A quick search on youtube and i found this great vision made me feel much better about the pickup his banter and leadership is top notch.

Decent list that can't win a game, sign Harley for no reason whatsoever, draft a stupid amount of rucks, draft KP players then want more this season, Neale wants out, draft small nothing players that aren't going to make it, and now what, pick another injury prone player that can't kick!!

Conca seems like a nice bloke, but if Freo think our midfield needs a player with below average foot skills. I'm done.

No you're not. It would be nice if you stayed true to your word but you'll be back to melt another day

He's a Freo player now so I plan on being supportive but you have to admit that's a pretty big weakness in today's game.
It is a big weakness, but he does bring lots to the table. As reigning premiers red hot to go back to back, Dimma and match committee had him best 22.
He can seriously play. I have no doubt he will bring lots to your club in 2019. Give him a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are people claiming they are done in this thread because we signed Conca, which I find hilarious. Of all the things to draw the line at.

I am keen to see what he has got. Think he will get more responsibility here, especially with Neale leaving.
Ha he hasn't even played a game yeto_O

Conca is judged harshly due to his high draft position. If he was taken 26 and not 6 Tigers fans including myself would rate his contributions over time much differently. Agree with most if he has a good run at it injury wise will be a valuable addition to your midfield

Unlikely at Freo ☹️

The same De Boer who played 4 games for Freo in 2016?

Let’s face it he’s great at the role he’s playing for GWS - the same one he played during our top four years. As soon as the team went to shite so did De Boer and that started in the second half of 2015. It’s not a surprise or at least shouldn’t be he’s playing the same role as successfully as soon as he plays in another reasonably good side.

It was poor that Suban and D.Pearce lasted longer than Barlow but hardly a big problem. They’re all out the door now anyway and it probably would’ve been that way if Suban or D.Pearce were delisted first.

Cool. Seeya

Sorry I’m normally pretty positive when we pick up players, give them a go and see what they can produce.

Not too sure what Conca brings to the table ?.

I’m going to put the ball in his court, and until he proves me wrong :-

Suban >>>>> Spudshed >>>>>>> Conca.
Honestly haven't paid as much attention to Conca as needed to make this call but I will say this.

Conca averaged 5 tackles and 18.6 possessions this year (for the Tigers who are a low possession team). Subes, god love him, only averaged more than 14 disposals in a season once (2013 - 15 disp) and never more than 5 tackles.

So expect him to get more ball and tackle more than Subes. Obviously doesn't have Subes' boot though.

Honestly haven't paid as much attention to Conca as needed to make this call but I will say this.

Conca averaged 5 tackles and 18.6 possessions this year (for the Tigers who are a low possession team). Subes, god love him, only averaged more than 14 disposals in a season once (2013 - 15 disp) and never more than 5 tackles.

So expect him to get more ball and tackle more than Subes. Obviously doesn't have Subes' boot though.
Trouble is Subes didn't have Subes boot, for the last few years of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back