Toast Reece Conca - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL he's bog average. His type are a dime a dozen. We got him for one reason, we didn't have to trade anything for him

Fremantle liked Conca before he was drafted. Richmond jumped in early at 6. Clearly a reach at the time.
From all reports he is a very impressive young man off the field. Has made the one mistake, when he attacked a player from behind, but no one had their jaw rewired as a result.

He’s a big mature body in the middle to help the developing mids and ageing Mundy. His age and experience is perfect for our young team as well It will be interesting to see how long it takes before he settles into the role that Lyon gives him. A lot on here are very impatient.

Bog average in that he is better than half the league. Dime-a-dozen except we don’t have enough of his type. And yes, free as far as draft picks go.

LOL he's bog average. His type are a dime a dozen. We got him for one reason, we didn't have to trade anything for him

Pretty much. Very hard to get excited about a player that both doesn't have any weapons and doesn't get enough of the ball (for a mid).

Now that we have him, what’s his role?

Off Half Back and midfield stints to help Fyfe win the ball by blocking and being in the way.

Hopefully he will release Blakely into a permanent midfield role which will have a significant impact on our midfield as I rate Connor very highly.

Conca can also provide pressure by tackling and chasing which is something we severely lacked this season.

Off Half Back and midfield stints to help Fyfe win the ball by blocking and being in the way.

Hopefully he will release Blakely into a permanent midfield role which will have a significant impact on our midfield as I rate Connor very highly.

Conca can also provide pressure by tackling and chasing which is something we severely lacked this season.
Conca can't kick so we don't want him playing half back. Leave him inside where his good attributes can shine.

Conca can't kick so we don't want him playing half back. Leave him inside where his good attributes can shine.
His kicking isnt that bad. I watched a fair few Richmond games this year and while he wont be our best kick he also wont be our worst.

I didn't think he was a pure inside mid but if he can play there and get in the way then I'm Happy to be proven wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking isnt that bad. I watched a fair few Richmond games this year and while he wont be our best kick he also wont be our worst.

I didn't think he was a pure inside mid but if he can play there and get in the way then I'm Happy to be proven wrong.
He's played half back at the Tigers but I'll be fuming if we play him there. Having blokes that can't consistently hit targets in the backline leads to tears.

It is a big weakness, but he does bring lots to the table. As reigning premiers red hot to go back to back, Dimma and match committee had him best 22.
He can seriously play. I have no doubt he will bring lots to your club in 2019. Give him a chance.
If he lays a few blokes out he will hit cult status pretty quick. I cant wait to be surprised by his output. At the very least he is a Sheridan replacement. His banter was gold

He’s making it hard to do best 22’s because he’s not exciting or full of potential like others you want to cram in the backline but he’s an absolute lock. You know whoever he goes to is going to get clamped and as long as the others in the backline are good kicks, you can cover his kicking weakness by letting him always take an easy safe kicking option.

Last edited:
He’s making it hard to do best 22’s because he’s not exciting or full of potential like others you want to cram in the backline but he’s an absolute lock. You know whoever he goes to is going to get clamped and as long as the others in the backline are good kicks. You can cover his kicking weakness by letting him always take an easy safe kicking option.
Yeah. We have been looking for years for a lockdown against opposition small forwards. He is that. He is probably saving us 4 goals a game.

Need players like Conca and Hughes to negate the other side's weapons. Hughes just needs to learn to play within himself loke Conca has done. Can't remember the last time Conca did something awful that led to a goal, become super reliable.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back