Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wrong about this guy. Tough, good team man, has a lot of important touches in important moments. Good player and a good get by us. I think the team would love going down the race with him.

He is one of those unsung guys who do their job week in and week out. A very good get by Freo as he fills an important spot with his toughness that would be lacking with so many young players in the side.

He is one of those unsung guys who do their job week in and week out. A very good get by Freo as he fills an important spot with his toughness that would be lacking with so many young players in the side.
Same mould as MDB.

I'd be comfortable with freo getting him back. Still reckon it was a mistake to let him go

Easily our most accountable midfielder. Not a star but a smart footballer nonetheless who quietly goes about it. His leadership qualities are underrated by most fans.

Actually Matt De Boer will be 30 next year. Maybe not a good move to get someone in at that age. I wish he'd been around to help with rebuild but so far that's going well anyway
Damn did that time fly. I was pro keeping him but I guess now it looks like the right decision to let him go.

He's become a fair tagger though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be competing with Switkowski as the defensive forward. We aren't using a tagger (but he is actually an awesome tagger). And our forward line could use his leadership.

De Boer was never a pressure forward as such. More played as extra on baller to defend at stoppages who just happened to line up on half forward.
As actual forward tagger he wasn't that effective either. I still have nightmares about all the cheap footy Birchall got in the '13 GF

Tucker is a whole lot more consistent than Deboer. A down game on the weekend, impacted by Hill’s return as they play a similar role. Tucker isn’t an inside mid, but can provide the block and a very tidy skill set

He’s underrated on this board and is a very important cog in our rotation, who has only just tipped over the 50 game mark. Massive growth coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De Boer was never a pressure forward as such. More played as extra on baller to defend at stoppages who just happened to line up on half forward.
As actual forward tagger he wasn't that effective either. I still have nightmares about all the cheap footy Birchall got in the '13 GF
He was also never a tagger. Until he was one.

Conca was an astute pickup & is proving to be not only a valuable player onfield, but also a role model for Brayshaw who resembles him in playing style.
Hard, accountable players who can get the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back