Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Said Conca was going to be a star when he was drafted, and nothing has ever made me doubt that. A bonafide midfielder, inside and outside, very good skills, great motor, knows how to gut run and spread from a contest to provide an option. Very complete.

Also Malthouse has no clue, Cotchin is A++++

me too tb. what i like also is has a bit prick in him and he likes to tackle hard!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a gun. Elite disposal.. Puts his body on the line.. Looking forward to his season.

Yeah... will play 200+ games... hope they are all for us. Only thing he stuffed up was pinpointing Watts on the chest in the last qtr when he/Rance mis-read the kick speed required. Best game for the club... good to see him hitting the scoreboard. Love his composure in traffic. He and Ellis both seem to have good footy brains.... will ultimately be the guys who rotate through the mid and replace Jacko and Edwards for mine. Then Helbig/Arnott/new draftees will take their spots on the flanks (if that makes sense)....

Good line from Malthouse today-

"At the moment Conca is A- but is rapidly heading towards A+"

Interesting to compare his first three game so far with Heppell. The only areas Heppell out points him is in his DT and Super Coach $$$$$. Silly punters.

He made that comment in regards to Cotchin not Conca.

Although Conca will soon elevate himself to a A grader in the next 3-5 years and people will take notice of the kid soon enough.

Good line from Malthouse today-

"At the moment Conca is A- but is rapidly heading towards A+"

Interesting to compare his first three game so far with Heppell. The only areas Heppell out points him is in his DT and Super Coach $$$$$. Silly punters.

Pretty sure that comment was for Cotchin not Conca. Conca will be a beauty though...

Played well yesterday , still has quite a few areas of his game which need work . Will be interesting to see how he goes if and when sides start targeting him, which will only help release some of the attention given to players like Cotchin , Lids and Foley .
Will hold judgement .

Sides won't target him.

He will be our version of kade Simpson.

They have to target Deledio, Cotchin and Martin, you can't tag a whole midfield.

I like Reece, but I could live with a straight swap for Nat Fyfe.
Fyfe seems to have dodgy shoulders. I'd want Fyfe and a first rounder for Conca :)

Funny that some monkey in the HUN did a comparison last week of the rising star nominees from last year and ranked Conca in the 20's. He's flying under the radar and i'm very happy with him. Knew he had it when he took out Stokes in the game against the Cats last season.

Sides won't target him.

He will be our version of kade Simpson.

They have to target Deledio, Cotchin and Martin, you can't tag a whole midfield.

In the past opposing clubs have only , pretty much , had to worry about Lids, Cotchin and Martin , when players like Conca , Foley and even Griggs start gaining some attention the less upon the other 3 which should be enough to allow them to crush sides .

"Batchelor the tackle, Cotchin, Deledio, Conca, long ballllllllll!!!"
Favourite play of the day.

And then Martin, Lids and Cotch embracing Conca, almost saying "welcome"

i still remain circumspect on this one, dean polo once had 30 touches and 3 goals.

he does look good at the moment but a breakout game has to happen against a contender not a rabble.

great goal on the run though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i still remain circumspect on this one, dean polo once had 30 touches and 3 goals.

he does look good at the moment but a breakout game has to happen against a contender not a rabble.

Conca has shown more so far than Polo has in his entire career.
I am so confused as to why he is in St.Kilda's best 25.

lol at people rating this kid even a a grader.

he may become one in time but hes nowhere near it atm.
lets have them earn their kudos not just hand em out on a platter.

dont think anyone can complain about this pick.
imo has shown more than enough for a kid in his 2nd season.
without doubt played his best game for us to date and i had him in the best 3.

i still prefer heppell as a player though i think he still has enormous upside in several areas.
if conca ends up being a very good consistent afl player who can complain? the answer is no one .if he ends up elite the answer is the same. think only a fool would argue he wont be a good player.

I can't wait for the 'development' phase of our younger midfielders to be over. When they are all playing at their peak it shouldn't matter if one of our stars gets tagged out of the game, it will just mean that someone else steps up and dominates.

i still prefer heppell as a player though i think he still has enormous upside in several areas.
if conca ends up being a very good consistent afl player who can complain? the answer is no one .if he ends up elite the answer is the same. think only a fool would argue he wont be a good player.

No doubt Heppell is a good player. Many of us see more upside in Reece. There's a bit of Gary Ablett about him. With the right development he can become elite. Time will tell. Don't forget that Gary Ablett took several years to be a great player. Reece is just starting his second.

Unlike you I think he'll turn out the better player but I am probably a glass half full person while you tend to be a glass three quarter empty one. I know we have heard the patience line countless times. This one is palpably different. If you feel carefully there is a pulse santa. And it is getting stronger and stronger and stronger. It will still take a while (one to two years) but the beast will get up off the mat and will start to be the hunter rather than the hunted!

Had 23 possesions and linked up extremely well against Collingwood last year

I'm very happy with Conca. This is his second year and he already looks like he belongs in the side and an automatic selection. He may or may not reach the heights that Martin or Cotch will but he's starting to look like a player who will add depth to our side.

A classy, smart, goal kicking, accumulating midfielder. One of my favourite players already.

A little bit of Marc Murphy about him.

Future gun and is a great compliment to our other star mids.

Interesting you say that santa as you have been knocking the club the past few weeks for not recruiting enough pure midfielders, and, so far Heppell has only played off the HB playing as the loose man while Conca played a small portion last year on the HB (On a direct opponent not loose) and was then sent to the midfield.

Interesting.

Interesting you say that santa as you have been knocking the club the past few weeks for not recruiting enough pure midfielders, and, so far Heppell has only played off the HB playing as the loose man while Conca played a small portion last year on the HB (On a direct opponent not loose) and was then sent to the midfield.

Interesting.

One of the reasons I loved the selection over Heppell and in terms of talent I think Conca is a more complete player. A lot of hype for Heppell, will be interesting if clubs have worked him out. Will always get stats due to being extremely loose, but can that be exploited? I think we are seeing it can.

Conca is a gun, all round midfielder, inside, outside, great skills, smart and accumulates. We need to draft more like him.

Heppell is a chipscab with no substance. All he does is sit outside of packs racking up cheap stats. Conca will be the better player easily. Great kick on both feet, works hard, puts his head over the ball, tackles well, links up and breaks the lines great hands and composure and now looks like he's added goalkicking to his kit bag.

Will be a gun.

Interesting.

just rate heppell a better player. not knocking the club or conca as i think like most he will be very good.
just think we are putting him up on a pedestal a bit early lets have him earn it before we start declaring him elite.
have always advocated best available with your first pick just thought heppell best available.its just a personal preference.

just to finish if people think heppell nothing more than a hbf they are kidding themselves hes very much a midfielder just go watch him at junior level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back