Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Heppell is a good player. Many of us see more upside in Reece. There's a bit of Gary Ablett about him. With the right development he can become elite. Time will tell. Don't forget that Gary Ablett took several years to be a great player. Reece is just starting his second.

Unlike you I think he'll turn out the better player but I am probably a glass half full person while you tend to be a glass three quarter empty one. I know we have heard the patience line countless times. This one is palpably different. If you feel carefully there is a pulse santa. And it is getting stronger and stronger and stronger. It will still take a while (one to two years) but the beast will get up off the mat and will start to be the hunter rather than the hunted!

thats all good i think conca a good selection despite my preference for heppell.you can certainly see why they took him and he may well end up a better player than heppell im just stating a preference.

hmm ive never ever preached anything but patience. the only thing im impatient with is the retention of long term underachievers.

just rate heppell a better player. not knocking the club or conca as i think like most he will be very good.
just think we are putting him up on a pedestal a bit early lets have him earn it before we start declaring him elite.
have always advocated best available with your first pick just thought heppell best available.its just a personal preference.

Congratulating a second year midfielder on a breakout game is putting them on a pedestal now?

just to finish if people think heppell nothing more than a hbf they are kidding themselves hes very much a midfielder just go watch him at junior level.

Yeah cause we all know junior performances translate into AFL performances.

Fact is is that Heppell has never played as a midfielder in the AFL whilst Conca has.

I like how you change your beliefs on certain things when it suits yourself but at the same time pot the club for the very thing you are contradicting yourself with IE not drafting pure midfielders yet prefer a player like Heppell who hasn't shown anything in the midfield at AFL level over someone like Conca who has played the majority of his time in the AFL system as a midfielder.

Congratulating a second year midfielder on a breakout game is putting them on a pedestal now?

Yeah cause we all know junior performances translate into AFL performances.

Fact is is that Heppell has never played as a midfielder in the AFL whilst Conca has.

I like how you change your beliefs on certain things when it suits yourself but at the same time pot the club for the very thing you are contradicting yourself with IE not drafting pure midfielders yet prefer a player like Heppell who hasn't shown anything in the midfield at AFL level over someone like Conca who has played the majority of his time in the AFL system as a midfielder.

lol talk about a sook.i havent changed a thing thats you not liking whats been said and grasping at straws.
simple fact is ive always advocated best available player with our first pick and 2010 that was heppell imo.if its a tall this yr so be it.

ive also said we have not taken enough genuine mids i havent said we have to use our first pick to get one. you dont seem to be able to grasp this.

are your thought processes on such a narrow wave lenght that you cant see by advocating we use our first pick on best available it doesnt mean we dont take mids. yep your so sensitive about the club you only see what you want to see. toughen up son.

does brett deledio ring any bells for you is he a mid or a hbf as a junior he played most of his footy of hb.
ya know most clubs actually bring a lot of their mids into the big time off hb. hmm now what did we do with conca 2010. oh thats right he spent most of the yr there at hb, who had the better yr conca or heppell.

your trouble is you think every utterance is a criticism and get on your high horse.its a discussion and every thing is not a bed of roses.and some of us do prefer players other than the ones we took.

simple fact is i have never said the conca selection a poor one in fact ive backed em in. ive never said conca is a poor player the opposite i think hes going to be very good.what i have said is my personall preference was heppell and it still is. i concede i could be wrong time will tell who the better player will be.
talk about precious.

as for his break out game and being being elite get of your high horse people have suggested hes already elite i suppose your one of them as well.all ive done is suggest we wait just a little while before we call him elite.but hey you disagree hes already there lol.

we put players like conca vickery martin on pedestals before they have proven a thing.its something we are mocked for by the footy community but you have your head so far up your arse you cant see it.
all i have said perhaps before we start rating them elite they actually consistently perform to that level first and your crying like a baby.

finally you will not find a more consistent poster on bf i dont back away from anything i say and i dont chop and change all over the shop.
yes im critical we havent taken enough genuine mids because its a fact we havent no changes there sonny.if you think advocating best available regularly with your first pick not advocating taking mids good for you i will leave that for other posters to decide if your being pathetic or not.

lol talk about a sook.i havent changed a thing thats you not liking whats been said and grasping at straws.
simple fact is ive always advocated best available player with our first pick and 2010 that was heppell imo.if its a tall this yr so be it.

ive also said we have not taken enough genuine mids i havent said we have to use our first pick to get one. you dont seem to be able to grasp this.

are your thought processes on such a narrow wave lenght that you cant see by advocating we use our first pick on best available it doesnt mean we dont take mids. yep your so sensitive about the club you only see what you want to see. toughen up son.

does brett deledio ring any bells for you is he a mid or a hbf as a junior he played most of his footy of hb.
ya know most clubs actually bring a lot of their mids into the big time off hb. hmm now what did we do with conca 2010. oh thats right he spent most of the yr there at hb, who had the better yr conca or heppell.

your trouble is you think every utterance is a criticism and get on your high horse.its a discussion and every thing is not a bed of roses.and some of us do prefer players other than the ones we took.

simple fact is i have never said the conca selection a poor one in fact ive backed em in. ive never said conca is a poor player the opposite i think hes going to be very good.what i have said is my personall preference was heppell and it still is. i concede i could be wrong time will tell who the better player will be.
talk about precious.

as for his break out game and being being elite get of your high horse people have suggested hes already elite i suppose your one of them as well.all ive done is suggest we wait just a little while before we call him elite.but hey you disagree hes already there lol.

we put players like conca vickery martin on pedestals before they have proven a thing.its something we are mocked for by the footy community but you have your head so far up your arse you cant see it.
all i have said perhaps before we start rating them elite they actually consistently perform to that level first and your crying like a baby.

finally you will not find a more consistent poster on bf i dont back away from anything i say and i dont chop and change all over the shop.
yes im critical we havent taken enough genuine mids because its a fact we havent no changes there sonny.if you think advocating best available regularly with your first pick not advocating taking mids good for you i will leave that for other posters to decide if your being pathetic or not.

Hows your assessment of Rance going??? with all those mystery concerns you have?

I guess we all cant have our cake and eat it to, although I guess that's what the club was thinking when the drafted a pure midfielder in Conca and then have old farts like yourself complaining we don't draft enough pure midfielders and then say they would have preferred Heppell who has shown nothing at AFL level int he midfield.

So you are happy for the club to draft skinny flankers with our first picks?

Sure, take best available but take the best available that fits your criteria, we need midfielders and Conca fitted perfectly into our criteria of what we needed, until Heppell plays consistent footy through the midfield he will be labelled as a HBfer.

Actually Deledio has played the majority of his footy through the midfield and Forward, only in the last 2 years when Dimma came to the club did we put Deledio on the HB.

Conca also played about 4-5 games off the HB in 2011, moved to the midfield in the Collingwood game and hasn't moved since. Do you even watch footy?

I'm simply pointing out the inconsistencies in your posting and thought process.

talk about precious.

Not being precious at all, you have been beating your chest for the past few weeks about not drafting enough pure midfielders and yet your personal preference was to draft a Flanker.

LOL can you read????

Those are my exact words in regards to Conca, please point to me where I labelled Conca elite.

Jeez you really are an old bitter fool aren't you. :rolleyes:

Yeah some people do, I'm not one of them, while others have been happy with Martin I've been highly critical of him, I think it is you who needs to learn the difference between acknowledging a players good game and putting them on a pedestal.

Well you do chop and change, one minute you want pure midfielders next minute you want Flankers. :eek:

Hows your assessment of Rance going??? with all those mystery concerns you have?

still suspect in the air. unlike you and others he will have to prove himself their.
when he improves enough in the area i will change my assesment.
i saw at least 3 occasions where hiis positioning was terrible and he failed impact the contest against melb.

oh i see you would rather not hear about any sort of criticism of our players.

guys, all i was doing was congratulating a young player on a very good game. thats all. you all need to relax, especially you santa! lol

still suspect in the air. unlike you and others he will have to prove himself their.
i saw at least 3 occasions where hiis positioning was terrible and6 he failed impact the contest against melb.

Only 3 occasions...you need to work harder ...lol...

I guess we all cant have our cake and eat it to, although I guess that's what the club was thinking when the drafted a pure midfielder in Conca and then have old farts like yourself complaining we don't draft enough pure midfielders and then say they would have preferred Heppell who has shown nothing at AFL level int he midfield.

So you are happy for the club to draft skinny flankers with our first picks?

Sure, take best available but take the best available that fits your criteria, we need midfielders and Conca fitted perfectly into our criteria of what we needed, until Heppell plays consistent footy through the midfield he will be labelled as a HBfer.

Actually Deledio has played the majority of his footy through the midfield and Forward, only in the last 2 years when Dimma came to the club did we put Deledio on the HB.

Conca also played about 4-5 games off the HB in 2011, moved to the midfield in the Collingwood game and hasn't moved since. Do you even watch footy?

I'm simply pointing out the inconsistencies in your posting and thought process.

Not being precious at all, you have been beating your chest for the past few weeks about not drafting enough pure midfielders and yet your personal preference was to draft a Flanker.

LOL can you read????

Those are my exact words in regards to Conca, please point to me where I labelled Conca elite.

Jeez you really are an old bitter fool aren't you. :rolleyes:

Yeah some people do, I'm not one of them, while others have been happy with Martin I've been highly critical of him, I think it is you who needs to learn the difference between acknowledging a players good game and putting them on a pedestal.

Well you do chop and change, one minute you want pure midfielders next minute you want Flankers. :eek:

pppffftt go away your so precious you cant have a decent debate with ya. come and see me when you can have a sensible rational debate without blinkers on and without getting all emotional.
atm its not worth the time it takes to post im happy to let others judge what i say on consistent basis. they only have to go thru my history.

i have consistently said first pick on best available you only need look for yourself to see that. best available was heppell IMO. mid or no mid you can like it or lump it. seems you cant accept that but after all its just one mans opinion right or wrong.

so we draft conca a pure mid hes just one player i complain we dont DRAFT ENOUGH genuine mids is that so hard to understand. i havent said where we should take em.

na you make it up as you go. you usually do anytime someone is critical your beloved players.yep always up in arms trying to belittle em.
im sorry if you cant accept things for what they are but dont takle it out on me by trying to twist what i say.

simple fact is we need lots of genuine mids. we are deficient in em. fact is i have always advocated we take best available with our first pick or sometimes even second pick dependiong whats there.

you keep on puttinbg your own delusional spin on things you always have every time someone dares says something you dont like.

you do know im going to hold you to this oh he hasnt played midfield yet crap, what comes around goes around.
simple fact is heppell shits all over conca to date as far as performance goes but unlike you i dont look to hard at 2nd yr players performances.

ya know when you can have a sensible rational debate about players without getting all emotional come and see me not before.

i saw at least 3 occasions where hiis positioning was terrible and he failed impact the contest against melb.

???? I'm a critic as much as I'm a supporter.... What I have seen from rance is an A grader. He is probably the most inform defender in the competition at the moment and is a lock in for 1 of our KPD spot for the next 8 years.... on the open Market right now he would be worth a very big contract.

3 occassions??? lol.... stop the press a defender was caught out of position 3 times... lol. Still suspect in the Air..... did you not watch the game?

lol at people rating this kid even a a grader.

I really wonder if you have actually read the posts in this thread at all.

You go looking so hard for reasons to shoot people down on being positive, that you actually start to just make s**t up.

Someone mistakenly quoted a commentator as rating Conca an A grader (when he was actually talking about Cotchin), and was pulled up by half a dozen posters on that mistake.

I can't find anyone who has suggested Conca is an A grader right now. If there is one, I think we can safely regard them as being the odd one out :rolleyes:

Just ****ing chill out santa :thumbsu:

None of this post even deserves a reply but I'll get it my best shot to decipher the dribble.

pppffftt go away your so precious you cant have a decent debate with ya. come and see me when you can have a sensible rational debate without blinkers on and without getting all emotional.
atm its not worth the time it takes to post im happy to let others judge what i say on consistent basis. they only have to go thru my history.

What part of what I was debating was irrational and blinkered?

And in regards to your previous posting, I do take notice of what you say and then pull you up on some of what you say when you down right contradict yourself, if you wanna constantly pot the club for certain things expect some of it back.

i have consistently said first pick on best available you only need look for yourself to see that. best available was heppell IMO. mid or no mid you can like it or lump it. seems you cant accept that but after all its just one mans opinion right or wrong.

And as I said before, Conca would have been best available within our criteria we set, bottom line is is that Conca has shown more in the midfield then Heppell as at AFL level.

so we draft conca a pure mid hes just one player i complain we dont DRAFT ENOUGH genuine mids is that so hard to understand. i havent said where we should take em.

That's fair enough, but to still bang on about preferring Heppell whilst potting the club for not drafting midfielders is a major contradiction.

na you make it up as you go. you usually do anytime someone is critical your beloved players.yep always up in arms trying to belittle em.
im sorry if you cant accept things for what they are but dont takle it out on me by trying to twist what i say.

What a load of crap, talk about being emotional.

simple fact is we need lots of genuine mids. we are deficient in em. fact is i have always advocated we take best available with our first pick or sometimes even second pick dependiong whats there.

So you're one of those type of people who want to have there cake and eat it to.

you keep on puttinbg your own delusional spin on things you always have every time someone dares says something you dont like.

How is it delusional spin when it's simply questioning one of your beliefs and taking you to task on it, if you have a right to pot the club and players I am very well within my right to defend the club when needed.

you do know im going to hold you to this oh he hasnt played midfield yet crap, what comes around goes around.
simple fact is heppell shits all over conca to date as far as performance goes but unlike you i dont look to hard at 2nd yr players performances.

I guess in santas world, but in the real world Heppell is known as a squib who gets cheap kicks off the HB whilst paying almost 0 attention to his opposition.

Conca on the other hand is known as a tough inside/outside midfielder with excellent disposal on either foot who makes great decisions under pressure.

ya know when you can have a sensible rational debate about players without getting all emotional come and see me not before.

I'll be waiting for your rational and emotionless reply.

I really wonder if you have actually read the posts in this thread at all.

You go looking so hard for reasons to shoot people down on being positive, that you actually start to just make s**t up.

Someone mistakenly quoted a commentator as rating Conca an A grader (when he was actually talking about Cotchin), and was pulled up by half a dozen posters on that mistake.

I can't find anyone who has suggested Conca is an A grader right now. If there is one, I think we can safely regard them as being the odd one out :rolleyes:

Just ****ing chill out santa :thumbsu:

That was me, and when you are hyped and getting into it, Conca-Cotch is similar. I was surprised thats why i mentioned it. If i had realised he was talking Cotch i wouldnt have bothered as we know he is.

Last edited by "Roar Passion"; Today at 21:52. Reason: Everyone is entitled to their opinion

Except for me, thats why you edited my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

???? I'm a critic as much as I'm a supporter.... What I have seen from rance is an A grader. He is probably the most inform defender in the competition at the moment and is a lock in for 1 of our KPD spot for the next 8 years.... on the open Market right now he would be worth a very big contract.

3 occassions??? lol.... stop the press a defender was caught out of position 3 times... lol. Still suspect in the Air..... did you not watch the game?

hmm lets see here. cloke kicks 3.2 he mis judges the ball 3 times that turn into goals and hes directly responsible for 6 goals.
who had a better game against cloke rance or henderson. from a kpd id take hendersons every time.

he makes fundamental mistakes in the air that should never happen and it happens week in week out.
didnt count for much this week but when we play say wce its a tight game we lose by a kick and rance has mistimed a punch or got under the ball and cant compete 4 or 5 times and they result in goals directly or indirectly then you will and should complain.

its ironic im complaining about him one on one and in the air yet of all our talls hes probably taken more contested marks than any of our talls. now that says something for how we are going in the air.

you think im having a go at him but im not just commenting on an area of his game that still needs a lot of work. its an area where one minute he can be great and the next minute lousy.

hmm lets see here. cloke kicks 3.2 he mis judges the ball 3 times that turn into goals and hes directly responsible for 6 goals.
who had a better game against cloke rance or henderson. from a kpd id take hendersons every time.

he makes fundamental mistakes in the air that should never happen and it happens week in week out.
didnt count for much this week but when we play say wce its a tight game we lose by a kick and rance has mistimed a punch or got under the ball and cant compete 4 or 5 times and they result in goals directly or indirectly then you will and should complain.

its ironic im complaining about him one on one and in the air yet of all our talls hes probably taken more contested marks than any of our talls. now that says something for how we are going in the air.

you think im having a go at him but im not just commenting on an area of his game that still needs a lot of work. its an area where one minute he can be great and the next minute lousy.

Rance is'nt the perfect defender...but he's damm good and getting better all the time...

Oh come off it, Cloke's goals were caused by our turnovers up the ground. Rance had run off his man, most likely under instruction of the game plan and when we coughed up the ball Rance was too far off Cloke to make it back to him. I'd hardly say that makes him directly responsible for those goals.

Rance is'nt the perfect defender...but he's damm good and getting better all the time...

havent said anything different. but rather than join a love fest for a bloke who clearly has lots to work on i point out what i think he needs to work on.
i dont think ive ever written him off but ihave said id rather we find a better fb.

besides dont have a go at me i never bought him up some fool had a shot not my faullt if the fool cant spot his weaknesses for himself.

None of this post even deserves a reply but I'll get it my best shot to decipher the dribble.

What part of what I was debating was irrational and blinkered?

And in regards to your previous posting, I do take notice of what you say and then pull you up on some of what you say when you down right contradict yourself, if you wanna constantly pot the club for certain things expect some of it back.

And as I said before, Conca would have been best available within our criteria we set, bottom line is is that Conca has shown more in the midfield then Heppell as at AFL level.

That's fair enough, but to still bang on about preferring Heppell whilst potting the club for not drafting midfielders is a major contradiction.

What a load of crap, talk about being emotional.

So you're one of those type of people who want to have there cake and eat it to.

How is it delusional spin when it's simply questioning one of your beliefs and taking you to task on it, if you have a right to pot the club and players I am very well within my right to defend the club when needed.

I guess in santas world, but in the real world Heppell is known as a squib who gets cheap kicks off the HB whilst paying almost 0 attention to his opposition.

Conca on the other hand is known as a tough inside/outside midfielder with excellent disposal on either foot who makes great decisions under pressure.

I'll be waiting for your rational and emotionless reply.

ppffftt what dribble as i said when you can be rational and not get so upset come and see me .
didnt you put me on ban or was that one of the other delusional ferals.
wish you had stuck to your guns wasting my time like you do.

Loved Conca's game, but like others have already said lets wait for him to string a few like that together and hopefully against some better sides

Haven't bothered reading all this thread but disagree with how the potting of Santa started. He said Conca will be a very good player for the Tiges, said we should hold off calling him elite and said he had a preference for Heppell. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. I disagree strongly with Santa on a number of things but you all need to get a grip and have a read of what he says before going on the attack.

On Conca, I said it last year but he could / may / has the skills and footy smarts to be our Del Santo, Heath Shaw quarterback down back. The go to bloke down back who sets it up as it comes out of defense. Every gun team has this kind of player and we he certainly has the skills and smarts to be ours. But he is FAR from elite at this point in time and doubt he will get there (elite is the very best of the best...think Ablett, Judd, Franklin). However, he could be an excellent player for us and hopefully lead us to what we all want!!!

Haven't bothered reading all this thread but disagree with how the potting of Santa started. He said Conca will be a very good player for the Tiges, said we should hold off calling him elite and said he had a preference for Heppell. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. I disagree strongly with Santa on a number of things but you all need to get a grip and have a read of what he says before going on the attack.

On Conca, I said it last year but he could / may / has the skills and footy smarts to be our Del Santo, Heath Shaw quarterback down back. The go to bloke down back who sets it up as it comes out of defense. Every gun team has this kind of player and we he certainly has the skills and smarts to be ours. But he is FAR from elite at this point in time and doubt he will get there (elite is the very best of the best...think Ablett, Judd, Franklin). However, he could be an excellent player for us and hopefully lead us to what we all want!!!

Del Santo - yes, Heath Shaw - no IMHO.

The guy is a pure mid that can go back and help out. He is not a back that can run forward - Batch is that guy.

Said he would be a star the moment I saw him slice through a pack like a hot knife throug butter. As he adds size and confidence (had a very immature body) he is going to continue to dominate. A+ pick

Cry your heart out Heppel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back