Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

He was far from ordinary. His DE was a little down, but it was down across the board for both teams. 21 disposals, 8 contested possies, and 3 clearances. Don't bimone the kid for a wayward hand pass in the last quarter, that was actually as well played by Enright as much as anything.

K - 11
H - 10
M - 5
CP - 8
Cl - 3
DE% - 57%

Did you not read where I said I believed the blatant free kicks he gave away, IMO , where as damaging as his skill errors late in the game ?

Shhhh!

He compares Conca to Jackson and Tambling. Why bother arguing with someone like that?

I didn't compare him to Jackson or Tambling , I said , or words to the effect , that if he got ahead of himself he would bear the brunt similar to what other rangas are currently recieving . By that I meant both Jackson and Reiwoldt , I don't buy into strawberry blonde .
Likewise if he gets ahead of himself I think he could frustrate people as much as Tambling use to .
Take a minute and read what is posted in it's entirity before seeing red, sorry strawberry blonde .

Can believe the rubbish you are writing atm RP ??

I'm following 2 threads atm & in 1 you are talking about how much work Reece Conca has ahead of him yet on another your defending mathew white and see him as best 22 player.

Really dont get where your coming from in these 2 topics

What on earth are you talking about? Conca's movement and reading of the play in traffic is out****ingstanding for a second year player. probably one of his best assets.

I personaly don't see the comparison wth Murphy, if I had to compare him with an established AFL player it would be Sam Mitchell which is a massive compliment. Conca will be a star.

Read what was posted , I never stated he was deficient in ' movement and reading of the play in traffic '. I said that I didn't think he processes the one touch nor awareness within traffic , like Murphy , Cotchin and others who I regard as elite or potentially elite have, and have always had .

I'm following 2 threads atm & in 1 you are talking about how much work Reece Conca has ahead of him yet on another your defending mathew white and see him as best 22 player.

:D:thumbsu:

You are not the only one reading what he is writing and are in disbelief.

Defends the absolute shocking players in our squad that Reece has more talent in his little finger than, but has a go, repeatedly, at Reece for his "deficiencies". Laughable.

Reece has come into our club and displayed great maturity and shown his talent straight away, and people seeing this have every right to be excited that we have a potential A grader on our hands. It's people that have no idea that will slate the lad.

But it's ok, Jackson and White are guns :eek:

Did you not read where I said I believed the blatant free kicks he gave away, IMO , where as damaging as his skill errors late in the game ?

I didn't compare him to Jackson or Tambling , I said , or words to the effect , that if he got ahead of himself he would bear the brunt similar to what other rangas are currently recieving . By that I meant both Jackson and Reiwoldt , I don't buy into strawberry blonde .
Likewise if he gets ahead of himself I think he could frustrate people as much as Tambling use to .
Take a minute and read what is posted in it's entirity before seeing red, sorry strawberry blonde .
I did read the part on the free kicks. We as a team gave away 20, Foley gave away 3. Perspective. I realise they were late in the game (can't really remember to be honest).

On your last point about getting ahead if himself, that's a completely hypothetical, and unfair on the kid to suggest it might happen. IMO of course.

Maybe I think some are overreacting in both threads ?
Occasionally players are good players , rather than being either s**t or stars .

:D:thumbsu:

You are not the only one reading what he is writing and are in disbelief.

Defends the absolute shocking players in our squad that Reece has more talent in his little finger than, but has a go, repeatedly, at Reece for his "deficiencies". Laughable.

Reece has come into our club and displayed great maturity and shown his talent straight away, and people seeing this have every right to be excited that we have a potential A grader on our hands. It's people that have no idea that will slate the lad.

But it's ok, Jackson and White are guns :eek:
So the ability to indentify that a player adds some benefit to a list and that another has deffeciencies is taboo ?
Play the ball not the man , users are permitted to share their views without you trying to discredit them, because they don't share your view(s).

You're obviously watching a different Reece Conca to most of us RP.

No idea what you're prattling on about to be honest.

In case you haven't noticed in almost every post in regards to Conca I have noted the he has time on his side , or words to the effect . I refuse to put him upon a pedestal and have rightfully acknowledged his positives and IMO rightfully acknowledged his deffeciencies . Something you appear unable to do .
He may be a 2nd year player who has flaws in his game , give me a 2nd year player who hasn't .
I personally am very much upon the fence as to whether he will make a great / good or poor player .
You need to take a little reality check and stop being so self opinionated , everyone is entitled to their opinion .
Might also be in your best interest to either do some research before , or simply don't, accuse people of having NFI or of being arm chair experts . ;)

Please point out to me as to who exactly is putting him up on a pedestal, I think you'll find you will have to the same problem santa had who he himself had to go back over thread because he thought people were calling him elite yet not one person ever even called Conca elite or come close to words of that effect.

I think you'll struggle to find one person putting Conca on pedestal. ;)

You're obviously watching a different Reece Conca to most of us RP.

No idea what you're prattling on about to be honest.

He's been bagging the kid since he was drafted, he obviously has some sort of vendetta or a personal issue with Conca because some of the crap he's been going on about is staggering.

He's been bagging the kid since he was drafted, he obviously has some sort of vendetta or a personal issue with Conca because some of the crap he's been going on about is staggering.

The fact you seem to think anyone who identifies a players flaws has a vendetta and is bagging that player, suggests to me that you have him on a pedestal . No player is without flaw and if you cannot handle their flaws being discussed ain't my problem .

I think he'll a very good player and is probably already one of our better ones but the point about his lack of awareness is spot on at least. Definitely his major weakness IMO and was a noticeble flawin his game from day one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easy to identify mistakes very late in the game. We lost the game in the second quarter kicking five points, we were controlling the game then and had we put on 3 goals we would have won

It's easy to identify mistakes very late in the game. We lost the game in the second quarter kicking five points, we were controlling the game then and had we put on 3 goals we would have won

So a team is 9 points down and player X has an inspired 3 minutes kicking 1 goal and setting up another for a win, so he shouldnt be credited as their were plenty of good play/goals earlier in the game?

You're going to cop a very pleasant surprise over the next few years Roar Passion.

The kid will be a gun and complements our midfield very well. He had some average moments against Geelong but very excited about him. He will be a bit like a Montagna I think.

Will outstrip Foley and is pretty much already better than Tambling has ever been.

You're going to cop a very pleasant surprise over the next few years Roar Passion.

The kid will be a gun and complements our midfield very well. He had some average moments against Geelong but very excited about him. He will be a bit like a Montagna I think.

Will outstrip Foley and is pretty much already better than Tambling has ever been.

Want surprise me at all , I don't think I've ever said he can't be a good player , but I don't think he yet warrants being called a gun or that he'll better or worst than any player .:rolleyes:

You lost me when you said he was 'okay' last week. You obviously have something against the kid because he was fantastic against Melbourne. Just about the best player on the ground.

Conca does not have Cotch's brilliance, but he finds the ball very well, uses it excellently mostly, and is brave and tough. I'll take that. He will probably be our second level midfielder at best. But given the best is Cotch, Lids and Disty that's pretty good.
I see lots to like and reckon he will get better over time to be a very good B grade midfielder, or maybe an A grader. Looking like good value for pick 6 to me so far.

Conca does not have Cotch's brilliance, but he finds the ball very well, uses it excellently mostly, and is brave and tough. I'll take that. He will probably be our second level midfielder at best. But given the best is Cotch, Lids and Disty that's pretty good.
I see lots to like and reckon he will get better over time to be a very good B grade midfielder, or maybe an A grader. Looking like good value for pick 6 to me so far.

I disagree with your logic. A top ten draft pick should always be expected to become A grade to elite. B graders are second round picks. He has the tools to become an A grader especially if he can kick a couple of goals a game. Goal kicking midfielders are pure gold as shown by Swan yesterday. They are much harder to defend against - remember the fab four at the Lions; at least two to 3 of them contributed to the scoreboard on a regular basis and that's what made them so hard to beat.

I think Conca can be as good as anyone in the team if he works hard enough on his game and stays injury free.

I disagree with your logic. A top ten draft pick should always be expected to become A grade to elite. B graders are second round picks. He has the tools to become an A grader especially if he can kick a couple of goals a game. Goal kicking midfielders are pure gold as shown by Swan yesterday. They are much harder to defend against - remember the fab four at the Lions; at least two to 3 of them contributed to the scoreboard on a regular basis and that's what made them so hard to beat.

I think Conca can be as good as anyone in the team if he works hard enough on his game and stays injury free.

The top 3-4 picks should be A graders 90%. After that is slides down to somewhere about pick 15-20 that you have a good chance of an A grader. I can't remember the stats, but people have done it. By a very good B grader I mean that he is a guy that you rely on to get 20+ possessions per game, a few goals and lots of assists. By A grader I mean dominating games regularly, and being almost impossible to stop. There are very few A graders. If all top 10 picks were A graders there would be a lot more running around than there are. Look at Melbourne's top picks recently, good but not amazing so far. He is very good and I like him a lot, but the bits of magic Lids, Cotch and Dusty turned on from the start he doesn't really do. That is not a knock, those 3 are potential superstars.

However, I reckon Conca has the ability to regularly get the ball a lot and use it very well, as well as being physical and doing the defensive stuff well. That is a great for 2nd season. If he develops well he can be A grade and really make our midfield awesome. What makes me more confident is that his psych testing was great, and he does seem to be a good learner. He is surrounded by good characters and we are developing our players better. Let's hope he gets to the top of his ability, if so we have a real winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back