Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was Poulter that had the knocks on him for it.
Say it ain’t so! I was always a bit perplexed about why we weren’t playing Henry at the back end of 2022 so when that info was leaking it helped me rationalise our decision making. If it wasn’t a structure issue I’d have played him and paid him because that contract he chased looks cheap now 😔

For me at least this puts a whole new spin on that scenario and how I view Henry…

Poulter makes sense in hindsight. At a guess it was probably a footy IQ issue.

Say it ain’t so! I was always a bit perplexed about why we weren’t playing Henry at the back end of 2022 so when that info was leaking it helped me rationalise our decision making. If it wasn’t a structure issue I’d have played him and paid him because that contract he chased looks cheap now 😔

For me at least this puts a whole new spin on that scenario and how I view Henry…

Poulter makes sense in hindsight. At a guess it was probably a footy IQ issue.

He's a kick chaser. They were playing him on the wing and he thought he was playing ruck rover.

I see Reef more of the Mihocek replacement rather than Elliott. Harrison or Richards (if his form continues) is more the Elliott replacement. Reefs marking is underrated although a little inconsistent and he is excellent at ground level. Mihocek has similar traits. Although Mihocek is extremely crafty which Reef has yet to show, but he could develop this over time.

I see Reef more of the Mihocek replacement rather than Elliott. Harrison or Richards (if his form continues) is more the Elliott replacement. Reefs marking is underrated although a little inconsistent and he is excellent at ground level. Mihocek has similar traits. Although Mihocek is extremely crafty which Reef has yet to show, but he could develop this over time.

Either way - Elliott and Checkers are both competitive beasts who are good in the air, on the lead and at ground level. They both do a great job in a variety of ways when the ball is kicked forward to them. If he gets to their level, it'll be a big win for the club. Fingers crossed - he's certainly beginning to show some signs.

Others may disagree, but I think there is no comparison as Henry showed a lot at AFL level up forward that we are just beginning to see from Reef now. Henry is going to be a top player, albeit a medium not tall forward.

Henry has had an uninterrupted run at it, can't recall him missing too many games due to injury. A couple last year after a whack in the nuts is the longest I can recall. Conversely, Reef's dealt with some significant injury setbacks that have seen him miss extended periods. Can make all the difference.

I think it was last year that Carmichael did an interview where they asked him about the important goals that he'd kicked in a match the previous year.

He sheepishly said, I got lucky. I didn't really understand the game plan and was in the wrong spot.

The moral of the story is we've got no idea when it comes to selection. We're just judging based on how often they get the ball and whether they execute their skills when they are in the game. Not whether they're following instructions and helping the system to work.

Reef is a spud.
I can only recall most of his goals coming from Joe-the -Gooses in the goal square or spillages from packs. He makes zero physical contact. Last week he got shown up by a 30 year/old, semi retired wingman.
We have soyboys like McInness and Johnson apologetically avoiding responsibility whilst a kamikaze like Hutchinson throws himself at everything (put him in an AFL game and he’ll average 2-3 a week, easily).
We can’t bloody recruit key forwards!!

We must be watching different games.
Hardness of Checkers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McInness.
McInness delivers 1% of Mihocek’s contest. You either have it, or you don’t. And McInness doesn’t have it.

Reef is a spud.
I can only recall most of his goals coming from Joe-the -Gooses in the goal square or spillages from packs. He makes zero physical contact. Last week he got shown up by a 30 year/old, semi retired wingman.
We have soyboys like McInness and Johnson apologetically avoiding responsibility whilst a kamikaze like Hutchinson throws himself at everything (put him in an AFL game and he’ll average 2-3 a week, easily).
Great work Killer. Loved the soyboy touch. Get yourself to the whipping boy thread.

Last edited:
Reef is a spud.

Futurama Squinting GIF

Reef is a spud.
He got shown up while kicking a goal in his five minutes on the ground?

This reeks of an agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got shown up while kicking a goal in his five minutes on the ground?

This reeks of an agenda.
It was a charity. Bobby Bloody Hill was handing out more lollies than St Nicholas. Bobby would’ve kicked 6 if he didn’t hand off 4… maybe even 8, because 2 chances were butchered because of his unselfishness.
Watch the level of intensity that Hutchinson (a bush footballer from Phillip Island ) brings vs McInness (an elite junior first rounder) and then form your own opinion.
Reef has enough starts and shown zilch. For me, he doesn’t show any more than basic VFL qualities. For an aspiring AFL player, VFL should be a learning zone. For no more than 4-5 years. If they can’t step up and show a special trait/glimmer, trade them if you can get something.

It was a charity. Bobby Bloody Hill was handing out more lollies than St Nicholas. Bobby would’ve kicked 6 if he didn’t hand off 4… maybe even 8, because 2 chances were butchered because of his unselfishness.
Watch the level of intensity that Hutchinson (a bush footballer from Phillip Island ) brings vs McInness (an elite junior first rounder) and then form your own opinion.
Reef has enough starts and shown zilch. For me, he doesn’t show any more than basic VFL qualities. For an aspiring AFL player, VFL should be a learning zone. For no more than 4-5 years. If they can’t step up and show a special trait/glimmer, trade them if you can get something.
Dog Stop Right There GIF

Why is soy (bean) used as a derogatory team in describing players?

It is a great product.

Soybeans and soy foods may reduce the risk of a range of health problems, including cardiovascular disease, stroke, coronary heart disease (CHD) and some cancers, as well as improving bone health. Soy is a high-quality protein – one or 2 daily serves of soy products can be beneficial to our health.

It is a great product.

Soybeans and soy foods may reduce the risk of a range of health problems, including cardiovascular disease, stroke, coronary heart disease (CHD) and some cancers, as well as improving bone health. Soy is a high-quality protein – one or 2 daily serves of soy products can be beneficial to our health.
Notice that he's not punching beans:

1714014086781.png

It is a great product.

Maggie, I’ve gone past soy - for curries and noodles only now
Coffee it’s all about the almond milk latte

Edit: however…I’m not sure if they have currency, but I think Reef and Fin might be used in trades at the end of the year.
Maybe.

Maggie, I’ve gone past soy - for curries and noodles only now
Coffee it’s all about the almond milk latte

Edit: however…I’m not sure if they have currency, but I think Reef and Fin might be used in trades at the end of the year.
Maybe.
Poor Soy is much maligned, unless I have misunderstand and it is a good thing when applied to players. Doubt it though and think it is disrespectful when used as an insult. No need.

Anyway, I can't say I have seen enough at AFL level to disregard at this stage as far as Reef is concerned.
I would have not made any changes.

Sadly might be the case with Fin.

Poor Soy is much maligned, unless I have misunderstand and it is a good thing when applied to players. Doubt it though and think it is disrespectful when used as an insult. No need.

Anyway, I can't say I have seen enough at AFL level to disregard at this stage as far as Reef is concerned.

Soy makes a good sauce. Fresh edamame are nice. Silken tofu in a soup. And it can be used to fatten up cows, so it does belong in the food chain.

Last edited:

Why use soy as an insult when one can employ pineapple for that purpose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back