Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

McRae can’t coach
Clubs a basket case, never won anything
Elliot is cooked (BOG)
Jealous of Carlton’s list (cellar dwellers for 30 years with plenty of “cooking utensils”
Ginnivan is Eddie betts

I’ll stop
Have you thought of writing a book or at least getting a t-shirt printed?

McRae can’t coach
Clubs a basket case, never won anything
Elliot is cooked (BOG)
Jealous of Carlton’s list (cellar dwellers for 30 years with plenty of “cooking utensils”
Ginnivan is Eddie betts

I’ll stop
Pendles, Howe & Sidebottom are cooked and must retire immediately.

Moore & Jaicos attend too many red carpet events.

Friction/sexism/ego's in the football department flowing onto the football field.

🙄

Combined with his tackling intensity and knowing when to spoil instead of trying to mark.
Hopefully he stays injury free as the spot is his to lose.
Quoting myself to add to the marking bit.
He also knows when not to mark, (1st qtr) I’m sick of seeing our goals being touched on the line by our players.
Did a fantastic job on Andrews btw!

One of the few that needs some credit for his game yesterday. Was robbed of a mark and subsequent goal in the goal square and was unlucky to have another kick for goal saved by a miraculous dive from a hawks defender. Could very easily have been a 3 goal game, he’s finding his feet well at senior level.

One of the few that needs some credit for his game yesterday. Was robbed of a mark and subsequent goal in the goal square and was unlucky to have another kick for goal saved by a miraculous dive from a hawks defender. Could very easily have been a 3 goal game, he’s finding his feet well at senior level.

I was half-waiting to see what the popular take on here would be. My main impression was that he battled hard and despite kicking one goal had an “almost” game. Like you said, Apex, he should have had one more and could easily have had two more.

He seemed to give Sicily a bit to think about when Sicily wasn’t the extra man in defence for Hawthorn, and his pressure was pretty good. I was disappointed for him more than anything not to have gotten a couple more and the confidence that might have added.

Yep. Looking like a long term replacement for Elliott to me. But he'll probably have to play centre half forward instead...

I was half-waiting to see what the popular take on here would be. My main impression was that he battled hard and despite kicking one goal had an “almost” game. Like you said, Apex, he should have had one more and could easily have had two more.

He seemed to give Sicily a bit to think about when Sicily wasn’t the extra man in defence for Hawthorn, and his pressure was pretty good. I was disappointed for him more than anything not to have gotten a couple more and the confidence that might have added.
I've become confident that we've got a long term forward here. Although yesterday was athe first time this year that he was really exposed for his size.

I didn’t mind so much McInness game last night.

Unlucky not to have more than 1 goal…

Yes there were some clangers

But the kid is only 21… 14 games in… and being asked to play a deep role that is for the taller and larger McStay

Keep putting games into him with an eye to the future

… and he’ll improve and look better again as the 3rd forward in a forward line with Mcstay and mihocek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I found pleasing is that he seems to have learned from earlier matches about positioning and avoiding being out-bodied. He was by no means perfect but he did display improvement. He has done no harm to holding his spot in the team and I expect he will continue to improve. I rate the kid and am pleased for him and I expect he will have a 'break out' game before long.

We’ve tried a few this year, who are already out of the best 23.

Reef is not one of them, and I expect he’ll keep his place for the foreseeable future.

Like what I’m seeing and I think, after some trials and tribulations, that we have one here. Bring on the fifty games!

3:40 of highlights. Sicily takes his eyes off the ball and intentionally tunnels.

Free was wrong, and should be a fine.

I can’t find what you’re referring to at 3:40 or with 3:40 to go, but I’ll take your word for it.

We’ve tried a few this year, who are already out of the best 23.

Reef is not one of them, and I expect he’ll keep his place for the foreseeable future.

Like what I’m seeing and I think, after some trials and tribulations, that we have one here. Bring on the fifty games!

Yes, I too think Reef is showing enough glimpses of talent to retain his place for at least a few more weeks and then hopefully much longer.

I’m far more optimistic about Reef succeeding at AFL level than Cal Macrae.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's never gonna be a genuine mid but I'd like to see him tried on the wing too. He's a good lead and good on the ground so could be a weapon there, he'll also have more space than in the forward 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back