35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Re Luke Ball (and Luke Tapscott), I know I wanted Luke Ball so much and apparently Melbourne were the only danger. I couldn't remember what pick Melb had, but I do remember the same feeling with Gws and our Reefer.
You can obviously get "attached" to certain players (that you think you are going to get), and after the bloody awful trade period we had to endure if we hadn't picked up this young bloke that would have been very hard to take. I think our recruiters/list management people have made up some lost ground tonight, and seem to have made some decent moves. Only time will tell, of course, but we seem to have done quite well.

Brushy

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can obviously get "attached" to certain players (that you think you are going to get), and after the bloody awful trade period we had to endure if we hadn't picked up this young bloke that would have been very hard to take. I think our recruiters/list management people have made up some lost ground tonight, and seem to have made some decent moves. Only time will tell, of course, but we seem to have done quite well.
Baz is going to be a gun;)

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you been hiding beneath your bed, Jen? ;)

You must be ecstatic
Heh, I was following and tweeting the draft lol Then I watched the Reef draft again and his interviews..

I was quite emotional so needed some time before coming back here!

But as for reef? Like there was any doubt! I couldn't be happier. He is happy. he is where he belongs.

Now he just needs to convert his essendon mad father, into a pies supporter.. Oh how sweet it is.

Brushy

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heh, I was following and tweeting the draft lol Then I watched the Reef draft again and his interviews..

But as for reef? Like there was any doubt! I couldn't be happier. He is happy. he is where he belongs.

Now he just needs to convert his essendon mad father, into a pies supporter.. Oh how sweet it is.
Jen, what is his nickname.

I mentioned earlier , I love Barrier Reef (shortened to baz).

Do you know the family well?

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jen, what is his nickname.

I mentioned earlier , I love Barrier Reef (shortened to baz).

Do you know the family well?
I think his mates call him "Reefer" I've seen fans refer to him as "the great barrier."

Oh no.
I don't know the family at all. I'm just a fan thats been following him for about 12 months.
The moment I saw him at training last summer, I knew I wanted this kid at our club.

Brushy

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think his mates call him "Reefer" I've seen fans refer to him as "the great barrier."

Oh no.
I don't know the family at all. I'm just a fan thats been following him for about 12 months.
The moment I saw him at training last summer, I knew I wanted this kid at our club.
You are a good judge.

Derek and Ned need you on board.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood

He doesn’t have to convert his Dad, we just needed Reef. He won’t want to leave us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I should apologise for the drug references in terms of young Reef.

However the potential for nicknames are so good.

Who likes "Barrier"?

Or you could shorten to Barry, and then Baz, and everyone would say why is his nickname Baz.

Our secret is it is short for "Barrier" Reef
I was thinking we could compromise and go with Macca, but the draft threw a spanner in those works.

cakewalk06

All Australian
Aug 22, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
welcome aboard Reef. so pleased a bid did not come before our picks.. that would have been a disaster. I am a little stunned though as from what i saw of him in games late last season I thought he would be top 10 for sure. A lot of upside.

Leviathan Pie

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would seem not as highly touted as most seemed to think, and the 20-25 range prediction was about right.

Good luck to him, hope he gets a solid run at it.

DaVe86

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
You are a good judge.

Derek and Ned need you on board.
The next 3 months, Jen becomes the most important person in Australia for most of us with her weekly training reports! She doesn't miss much! Looking forward to another solid off-season from Jen this year. Going to be exciting to hear about all the new kids and how they are performing.

I'll be sure to sneak out of work a few days as well and give some reports.

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The next 3 months, Jen becomes the most important person in Australia for most of us with her weekly training reports! She doesn't miss much! Looking forward to another solid off-season from Jen this year. Going to be exciting to hear about all the new kids and how they are performing.

I'll be sure to sneak out of work a few days as well and give some reports.
Starting tomorrow!

PIEWITHSAUCE

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This guy at 23 is an absolute steal. Was being touted as a prospective top 5-10 in 2019 by media "guru's" like Twomey. A back injury, CV19 season disruption, and a poor time trial later he's slid to the back of the 1st round. Excellent get by the club.
Yeah - and you only need to hear his interview today to know he has his head screwed on. Something about Stevo always bugged me, but if Reef doesn't become something great it won't be through lack of effort and thought.

Remove this Banner Ad