Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor bloke could well have tanked the time trial and now it's a genuine concern from some posters whether he'll ever be fit enough to play midfield.

Even though he probably didn't (tank it) I think we've just seen the reason why NGA/FS prospects should never tank these things.

He'll have this rep for his entire career...

Unless he comes out next week and beats Rantall 😂😂😂
He should have tanked the sprint too!

Pick 18. Reef sits comfortably in that draft range.

We dont het the pick 8 or 10 to actually use. People talk as if we get that pick to use not that Reef just get selected there and we use points...
No but after the discount we would still need more than our 1st pick was worth pushing our next pick back in the order

In that setting if we wait til say 18 and get a kid we rate as highly as Reef and also a better next pick it would seem wise to pass. Will come down to where we rate him and the arithmetic of what it does to our picks

No but after the discount we would still need more than our 1st pick was worth pushing our next pick back in the order

In that setting if we wait til say 18 and get a kid we rate as highly as Reef and also a better next pick it would seem wise to pass. Will come down to where we rate him and the arithmetic of what it does to our picks

Surely with the lack of exposure for the Vic kids and the extra access to QLD academy there’s going to be some fluctuations between club draft boards. For that reason alone I can’t find any reason why we wouldn’t take the path you’ve suggested.

In the past 24-48 hrs Rendell has been all over Stone (compared him to Dangerfield) and Coleman (said he saw him play the best U16’s game he’s ever seen) so it stands to reason they are very high on our draft boards given tonight is the culmination of 3 years work. If they’re top 5, likely to be available and Reef is 10-12 with a bid coming around then well I guarantee we pass.

The main counter to all of this is picks being traded.

Surely with the lack of exposure for the Vic kids and the extra access to QLD academy there’s going to be some fluctuations between club draft boards. For that reason alone I can’t find any reason why we wouldn’t take the path you’ve suggested.

In the past 24-48 hrs Rendell has been all over Stone (compared him to Dangerfield) and Coleman (said he saw him play the best U16’s game he’s ever seen) so it stands to reason they are very high on our draft boards given tonight is the culmination of 3 years work. If they’re top 5, likely to be available and Reef is 10-12 with a bid coming around then well I guarantee we pass.

The main counter to all of this is picks being traded.

I doubt someone we have in Top 5 would still be there when Reef gets a Bid. We might rate Reef Top 5-10 as well

I doubt someone we have in Top 5 would still be there when Reef gets a Bid. We might rate Reef Top 5-10 as well

We’ll never know for sure, but given how Coleman has been talked up by Rendell I would guarantee we have him top 10 and probably top 5 given Hine’s comments from yesterday about having greater access to viewing QLD based players in 2020.

We’ll never know for sure, but given how Coleman has been talked up by Rendell I would guarantee we have him top 10 and probably top 5 given Hine’s comments from yesterday about having greater access to viewing QLD based players in 2020.

That seem a Stretch espically Coleman. Might have Coleman in the 10-20 Range

That seem a Stretch espically Coleman. Might have Coleman in the 10-20 Range

I’m more inclined to think it’s a stretch to say he’s in the 10-20 range on our board. Actually I’d say there’s no way given the information available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back