Position: Tall midfielder
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 8-20

SELECTION: 23
POSITION: Inside midfielder/utility
DOB: 12/12/2002
HEIGHT: 193cm
WEIGHT: 86kg

DRAFT PROFILE
Reef McInnes is a big-bodied inside midfielder who is tied to Collingwood through the Next Generation Academy and one that Pies fans have been talking about for 12 months. Whilst he will naturally progress through to become that inside midfielder - he has all the traits to do so - McInnes spent the majority of his bottom-age year as either a marking forward or rebounding defender, showing off his versatility.

STRENGTHS
  • Contested work
  • Clean hands
  • Strength
  • Acceleration
  • Versatility
KEY NUMBERS
  • 2km Time Trial: 7:10
  • 20m sprint: 2.78
  • Disposals: 14.7
  • Contested: 36.2%

Last edited:

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is he
A talented youngster who had the misfortune of being in our academy, imbeciles and dick heads within our supporter group over valued his worth near 10 fold, welcome to Collingwood.

Came last in the time trial "but but but umm, but he was coming off an injury" how did he run such a fast 20mtr then? "but but but, umm, argh, i don't know"....

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
A talented youngster who had the misfortune of being in our academy, imbeciles and dick heads within our supporter group over valued his worth near 10 fold, welcome to Collingwood.

Came last in the time trial "but but but umm, but he was coming off an injury" how did he run such a fast 20mtr then? "but but but, umm, argh, i don't know"....
I have no idea about the specifics of this case but natural speed is probably less likely to be badly affected by time off than endurance.

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
What time did he run? I thought I read it in the low 7s, which isn't that bad.
Was 7 something, wasn't that good either when you include KPs and Rucks, this kids suppossed to be an inside mid, we'll know more next season i guess.

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have to admit I was nervous with the Gws pick before our 2nd pick. Then Gil seemed to draw out out the R in whoever it was they picked.

Memories of Luke Ball (and was it Luke Tapscott)

Daicos_35

Senior List
Sep 24, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood

You do know endurance is easier to lose than a short burst of speed with an injury right?

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
This kid could be our best draft pick for a long time.

Upside is unbelievable, and he seems to love the club

The pies jersey on for his interview straight after he was drafted was absolute gold.

I am sure somebody can post a video of it. Technology not my strong suit.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
This kid could be our best draft pick for a long time.

Upside is unbelievable, and he seems to love the club

The pies jersey on for his interview straight after he was drafted was absolute gold.

I am sure somebody can post a video of it. Technology not my strong suit.
This one (just up the page a bit)?!: Welcome - Welcome to Collingwood Reef McInnes Pick #23 | BigFooty

I'm very excited about this pick as well - I started getting excited once Adelaide didn't bid on him at 11!

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
This one (just up the page a bit)?!: Welcome - Welcome to Collingwood Reef McInnes Pick #23 | BigFooty

I'm very excited about this pick as well - I started getting excited once Adelaide didn't bid on him at 11!
Nah on fox footy, he was interviewed immediately and had his pies jersey on.

Sarah Jones defended him after Brad Johnson took the piss out of him.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nah on fox footy, he was interviewed immediately and had his pies jersey on.

Sarah Jones defended him after Brad Johnson took the piss out of him.
Don't have Fox, so made do with watching the AFL.com.au coverage, which I totally enjoyed, BTW.

Luke Tapscott was pick 18 in the 2009 draft, so I'd say you've remembered that one very well!: 2009 AFL Draft and Trade Period - Draftguru

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't have Fox, so made do with watching the AFL.com.au coverage, which I totally enjoyed, BTW.

Luke Tapscott was pick 18 in the 2009 draft, so you've probably remembered that one very well!: 2009 AFL Draft and Trade Period - Draftguru
Yeah I hope somebody is able to post the footage of his interview on fox footy. He got the pies jumper on very quickly. That is what Brad Johnson was joking about.

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Luke Tapscott was pick 18 in the 2009 draft, so I'd say you've remembered that one very well!: 2009 AFL Draft and Trade Period - Draftguru
Re Luke Ball (and Luke Tapscott), I know I wanted Luke Ball so much and apparently Melbourne were the only danger. I couldn't remember what pick Melb had, but I do remember the same feeling with Gws and our Reefer.

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I should apologise for the drug references in terms of young Reef.

However the potential for nicknames are so good.

Who likes "Barrier"?

Or you could shorten to Barry, and then Baz, and everyone would say why is his nickname Baz.

Our secret is it is short for "Barrier" Reef

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Re Luke Ball (and Luke Tapscott), I know I wanted Luke Ball so much and apparently Melbourne were the only danger. I couldn't remember what pick Melb had, but I do remember the same feeling with Gws and our Reefer.
You can obviously get "attached" to certain players (that you think you are going to get), and after the bloody awful trade period we had to endure if we hadn't picked up this young bloke that would have been very hard to take. I think our recruiters/list management people have made up some lost ground tonight, and seem to have made some decent moves. Only time will tell, of course, but we seem to have done quite well.

Back