Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

You can obviously get "attached" to certain players (that you think you are going to get), and after the bloody awful trade period we had to endure if we hadn't picked up this young bloke that would have been very hard to take. I think our recruiters/list management people have made up some lost ground tonight, and seem to have made some decent moves. Only time will tell, of course, but we seem to have done quite well.
Baz is going to be a gun;)

Have you been hiding beneath your bed, Jen? ;)

You must be ecstatic
Heh, I was following and tweeting the draft lol Then I watched the Reef draft again and his interviews..

I was quite emotional so needed some time before coming back here!

But as for reef? Like there was any doubt! I couldn't be happier. He is happy. he is where he belongs.

Now he just needs to convert his essendon mad father, into a pies supporter.. Oh how sweet it is.

Heh, I was following and tweeting the draft lol Then I watched the Reef draft again and his interviews..

But as for reef? Like there was any doubt! I couldn't be happier. He is happy. he is where he belongs.

Now he just needs to convert his essendon mad father, into a pies supporter.. Oh how sweet it is.
Jen, what is his nickname.

I mentioned earlier , I love Barrier Reef (shortened to baz).

Do you know the family well?

Jen, what is his nickname.

I mentioned earlier , I love Barrier Reef (shortened to baz).

Do you know the family well?
I think his mates call him "Reefer" I've seen fans refer to him as "the great barrier."

Oh no.
I don't know the family at all. I'm just a fan thats been following him for about 12 months.
The moment I saw him at training last summer, I knew I wanted this kid at our club.

I think his mates call him "Reefer" I've seen fans refer to him as "the great barrier."

Oh no.
I don't know the family at all. I'm just a fan thats been following him for about 12 months.
The moment I saw him at training last summer, I knew I wanted this kid at our club.
You are a good judge.

Derek and Ned need you on board.

He doesn’t have to convert his Dad, we just needed Reef. He won’t want to leave us.

His endurance scared off everyone, not sure why apparently that can be fixed quite easily.

I have a mate who is in the u18 development program interstate. He reckons the biggest problem with player development is that the power athletes get chewed up and spat out as they try and turn them into endurance types too quickly. Power athletes can develop a tank but it takes time, can't be done in a season or two at 18 level but they try and they burn them out.

Quite happy for Reef who is clearly power based to be light on in endurance. As you said, a good, patient development program will fix it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should apologise for the drug references in terms of young Reef.

However the potential for nicknames are so good.

Who likes "Barrier"?

Or you could shorten to Barry, and then Baz, and everyone would say why is his nickname Baz.

Our secret is it is short for "Barrier" Reef

I was thinking we could compromise and go with Macca, but the draft threw a spanner in those works.

welcome aboard Reef. so pleased a bid did not come before our picks.. that would have been a disaster. I am a little stunned though as from what i saw of him in games late last season I thought he would be top 10 for sure. A lot of upside.

You are a good judge.

Derek and Ned need you on board.

The next 3 months, Jen becomes the most important person in Australia for most of us with her weekly training reports! She doesn't miss much! Looking forward to another solid off-season from Jen this year. Going to be exciting to hear about all the new kids and how they are performing.

I'll be sure to sneak out of work a few days as well and give some reports.

This guy at 23 is an absolute steal. Was being touted as a prospective top 5-10 in 2019 by media "guru's" like Twomey. A back injury, CV19 season disruption, and a poor time trial later he's slid to the back of the 1st round. Excellent get by the club.

The next 3 months, Jen becomes the most important person in Australia for most of us with her weekly training reports! She doesn't miss much! Looking forward to another solid off-season from Jen this year. Going to be exciting to hear about all the new kids and how they are performing.

I'll be sure to sneak out of work a few days as well and give some reports.
Starting tomorrow!

This guy at 23 is an absolute steal. Was being touted as a prospective top 5-10 in 2019 by media "guru's" like Twomey. A back injury, CV19 season disruption, and a poor time trial later he's slid to the back of the 1st round. Excellent get by the club.

Yeah - and you only need to hear his interview today to know he has his head screwed on. Something about Stevo always bugged me, but if Reef doesn't become something great it won't be through lack of effort and thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back