Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

it makes no sense to do a trade before a bid actually comes in that scenario
It made no sense to do a trade like that, that early regardless of the circumstances. We could easily have waited until after our first picks and then assessed how many points we’d need and what we’d have to give up. As I said, I was my one real criticism of the nights live trades, because while Reef is worth a second round pick, I feel like we could have accumulated the points for him in the end without having to give up so much.

It made no sense to do a trade like that, that early regardless of the circumstances. We could easily have waited until after our first picks and then assessed how many points we’d need and what we’d have to give up. As I said, I was my one real criticism of the nights live trades, because while Reef is worth a second round pick, I feel like we could have accumulated the points for him in the end without having to give up so much.

The only way I can work it out is that they were worried about pulling off two trades in the time in-between a bid and a decision to match or not. I think they must have had a pre-draft agreement to trade our two firsts into the future in case a bid came for Reef. Thus if a bid came, they'd trade our firsts and then match the bid without having to do another trade to find more points for Reef.

11a9371e63ddb0726fbd62b565622f9e.jpg
a49c6d9e33d545cbb1015b9593aad186.jpg
ec9418ec0b8525ea2d0d92c65155997d.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks so chuffed to be a pie. I love it!
Same. I knew I was right about this kid. Club obviously views him highly, given it seems we planned on matching even at a high pick. Media said we would pass. But boy, the club wanted him that badly.
I knew we wouldn't let him go.

Same. I knew I was right about this kid. Club obviously views him highly, given it seems we planned on matching even at a high pick. Media said we would pass. But boy, the club wanted him that badly.
I knew we wouldn't let him go.
Hahah, Twomey really had a mare with his phantom this year. Did he get anything right outside the top 2?

Hahah, Twomey really had a mare with his phantom this year. Did he get anything right outside the top 2?
Let me see...

Not too much lol In the top 10, those first two, plus Reid to essendon. 3/10 lol He had essendon bidding on Campbell, but Hawks did it. he had Henry going to essendon at pick 10.

It was not a good draft for Cal.

Let me see...

Not too much lol In the top 10, those first two, plus Reid to essendon. 3/10 lol He had essendon bidding on Campbell, but Hawks did it. he had Henry going to essendon at pick 10.

Had MaCrae at 20 to Tigers

A talented youngster who had the misfortune of being in our academy, imbeciles and dick heads within our supporter group over valued his worth near 10 fold, welcome to Collingwood.

Came last in the time trial "but but but umm, but he was coming off an injury" how did he run such a fast 20mtr then? "but but but, umm, argh, i don't know"....

As imbecilic as Dekka and his team who admitted they would match the bid at Essendons picks snd Crows in the trade room to Jake Nisll before the selection.
Damn imbeciles.

This kid could be our best draft pick for a long time.

Upside is unbelievable, and he seems to love the club

The pies jersey on for his interview straight after he was drafted was absolute gold.

I am sure somebody can post a video of it. Technology not my strong suit.

Yup it on the surface looks like an overall great draft for us but we wont truly know for 3 or so years.

Reef and Poulter in particular have very high ceilings, macrea looks like he will be that consistantly good mid too.

Reef looked genuinly happy as a pig in s**t to be at pies, gotta love it.

Let me see...

There were a lot of rumoured "bolters" leading into the draft, which suggests no one really knew. The lack of exposed form probably plays a part and NM taking Phillips threw a most of the safer early predictions out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back