Ref Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of things annoyed me about yesterday. But one thing I was reading about this morning was Howard Webbs comments about game management.

Silva was kicked out of the game yesterday and Webb apparently said the ref was right not to give a yellow as it was "too early in the game".

Surely this amounts to a free assault with bo repurcussions.

Someone goes through the back of Silva in particularly just about every single week. I rarely see opponents even spoken to.

For me a bookable offence in the 1st minute is a bookable offence and if that puts a bit of pressure on the ref later in the game then tough s**t.

For me a bookable offence in the 1st minute is a bookable offence and if that puts a bit of pressure on the ref later in the game then tough s**t.

I remember when Samuel Eto'o put in one of the worst challenges you'll see on Jordan Henderson at Stamford Bridge in the opening minutes and no one could believe Webb didn't send him off.

Then after the game, I can't remember who said it, might have been Carragher, but I remember listening to someone say that when Howard Webb was refereeing they knew they could get away with anything in the first 5 minutes because he would let absolutely anything go.

I remember when Samuel Eto'o put in one of the worst challenges you'll see on Jordan Henderson at Stamford Bridge in the opening minutes and no one could believe Webb didn't send him off.

Then after the game, I can't remember who said it, might have been Carragher, but I remember listening to someone say that when Howard Webb was refereeing they knew they could get away with anything in the first 5 minutes because he would let absolutely anything go.
was that the one where even eto'o admitted that he should've been sent off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WBA should've had a red against Mustafi last night.

But it's against Pulis so I don't care

Funnily enough we were talking about that in the Matchday thread. :p

Think the only conclusion you could draw from that incident is Madley thought he slipped and missed the foul. Either his fault for not positioning himself better, or the linesman's or both.

Anthony Taylor.

Only big decision I saw in your game was the penalty which on first watching I thought he got terribly wrong but was actually a great call.

Only big decision I saw in your game was the penalty which on first watching I thought he got terribly wrong but was actually a great call.
Mignolets arm was being held back at a setpiece which stopped him from going up to punch it. Should have been a foul and yellow card but instead Okazaki got a goal.

Mignolets arm was being held back at a setpiece which stopped him from going up to punch it. Should have been a foul and yellow card but instead Okazaki got a goal.

The free kick before it was just as bad. Vardy sticking his leg out and tripping over Matip when nowhere near the ball and when Mignolet was clearing it up field.

It's a 50/50 call. The way I see it if Mignolet clears it into the stands and Vardys momentum carries him into Mignolet no chance he calls a penalty. For me, you either play the ball or you don't. Mignolet played the ball and it was Vardys momentum that ended up seeing him getting collected by Migs on the follow through. Some say he only get a small touch on the ball. To me it's a pen if the ball isn't played and not a pen if the ball is played.

It's a 50/50 call. The way I see it if Mignolet clears it into the stands and Vardys momentum carries him into Mignolet no chance he calls a penalty. For me, you either play the ball or you don't. Mignolet played the ball and it was Vardys momentum that ended up seeing him getting collected by Migs on the follow through. Some say he only get a small touch on the ball. To me it's a pen if the ball isn't played and not a pen if the ball is played.

Disagree, as you should know, you can take the ball and still commit a foul if, for instance, you follow through and collect the player. In this instance that's exactly what Mignolet did, and made only marginal contact with the ball.

Disagree, as you should know, you can take the ball and still commit a foul if, for instance, you follow through and collect the player. In this instance that's exactly what Mignolet did, and made only marginal contact with the ball.

Yes that's possible. To me in this instance it was Vardys momentum that saw him collected on the follow through. As I said before it Mignolet clears that ball into the stands and Vardy gets cleaned up no chance a foul is given. So it shouldn't really matter how much contact is made on the ball for me as long as it is made. I can see the other side of the argument too meaning it really was a 50/50 call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back