Referee for Australia-Croatia

Remove this Banner Ad

grimlock said:
Someone will be red carded. I can guarantee you that.
Sorry I was wrong, 2 players will be red carded. Or should that be 3, counting Simunic twice?

Disgraceful performance.

Absolute joke. Three games, three ****heads as ref. Is there one decent ref out there that is willing to officiate Italy Vs Aus. Two blatant penalties missed, 3 yellow cards to one player and lost complete control in the end. Stuff history being against us, its whoever selects the match referees that has it in for us!!!

Just a thought if Croatia had scored the winner with Siminic on would it count??

What does it take for us to get an unbiased, half-decent ref. That was a ****ing disgraceful performance by Pole, we should have won the game. I'm ecstatic that we're through, but it shouldn't have been that close, two goals taken away from us because of penalties not paid, and the other where a free kick went to the Croat goalkeeper on the line (think that was fair though).

PressureCooker said:
Absolute joke. Three games, three ****heads as ref. Is there one decent ref out there that is willing to officiate Italy Vs Aus. Two blatant penalties missed, 3 yellow cards to one player and lost complete control in the end. Stuff history being against us, its whoever selects the match referees that has it in for us!!!

Just a thought if Croatia had scored the winner with Siminic on would it count??

i was thinking of another farce like launceston was about to occur - what if they scored (regardless of siminic's input)??? would have been the biggest story in aussie sport ever

moomba said:
OH GRAHAM POLL.
IS A ****ING ****HOLE
IS A ****ING ****HOLE
IS A ****ING ****HOLE
OH GRAHAM POLL

Having that tw@t in charge is good for no-one. He'll be looking to make a name for himself, that will normally involve a red card. And seeing as our players are better known in England than theirs...

grimlock said:
Someone will be red carded. I can guarantee you that.

Nice word there.

This guy was a joke, usually i dont mind the English refs... but bloody hell this guy was awful today.

F**KING GET IN THERE.YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry, first post.

Typical Poll. and that is rubbish.

A few will complain of bias, and I will never accuse him of that. He's a glory hunter, and he thinks people pay their money to watch him referee. He won't favour one side over another, he is good enough to be equally as competent to both teams.

Australia and Croatia have legitimate complaints tonight, but that's what you get with Poll. He'll see his name in the papers tomorrow morning, and he'll be happy with that.

OH GRAHAM POLL.
IS A ****ING ****HOLE
IS A ****ING ****HOLE
IS A ****ING ****HOLE
OH GRAHAM POLL

I think everyone's being a bit harsh on Simunic, that 3rd yellow card was a bit harsh. ;)

And I wasn't aware that the defenders were allowed to punch the ball away when it was in the box.

Actually, the whole match was a bit of a joke, I was sorta hoping Simunic would score at the end just so we could of seen what FIFA would have done in that situation. I'm starting to think 1 on field ref isn't enough for a game, the amount of shocking calls over the course of the cup is a farce.

What a debarcle.

Imbecile. Surely someone told him Siminc was on his 2nd yellow. Surely!!??!!

NorthBhoy said:
What a debarcle.

Imbecile. Surely someone told him Siminc was on his 2nd yellow. Surely!!??!!

Surely someone told him that tackling is allowed in Aussie Rules, not soccer!

xyakks said:
I think everyone's being a bit harsh on Simunic, that 3rd yellow card was a bit harsh. ;)

And I wasn't aware that the defenders were allowed to punch the ball away when it was in the box.

Actually, the whole match was a bit of a joke, I was sorta hoping Simunic would score at the end just so we could of seen what FIFA would have done in that situation. I'm starting to think 1 on field ref isn't enough for a game, the amount of shocking calls over the course of the cup is a farce.
The ref was a joke. He's missed the most blatant foul on Viduka in the penalty area. He's let the Croats get away with an awful lot in terms of backchat and even manhandling him. It's no wonder he lost control at the end. How hard is it to keep track of the yellow cards for gods sake. It's only difficult if you've lost composure. He's dug a hole for himself by letting the Croats play up and he's got no support from his assistants which I'd say was because he showed no leadership. A disgraceful display and he should not referee another match in the competition. The pity of it is that Emerton is now out of the Italy game due to the farce that was the last five minutes of play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the second most boring man in football (behind Michael Owen), Alan Shearer just cracked a funny.

"Do you know what Alan Poll and Croatia have in common.

Neither of them will see the next round of this World Cup"

Quite good. :D

Did I mention F***ING YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Graham, go back and do Grade Prep Maths.

One plus one is.... two!

What an absolute farce that was. I hope Poll never referees anything above Conference North/South level ever again.

before the game I thought brilliant graham poll. Everytime I've seen him officiate in the premier league it has bee quality.......but 3 yellow cards is surely the end of his world cup.

Not to mention the 2 glaring penalties.......I hope that Australia has been dupped so far by the refs just so we get some luck in the next phase.

GO AUSSIES!!!!

Poll will be sent home, no doubt. Merk will too after his woeful performances in the Brazil v Aus and USA v Ghana match. Won't be many left to officiate after some of the efforts in this tourney.

Methinks he's got Simic and Simunic confused, should've kept an eye on the number and not the name!

Meh, made a game that I had little interest in become an absolute classic :D

Polly for the Final! Polly for the Final!

I would have thought Poll would do a good job but easily he was ****. He wont be getting a gig in the last 16 that is for sure.

we should have won 3-1 no doubt about that. I don't know who is worse, Poll or Kalac ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back