Universal Love Refugees Welcome signage this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I say go for it. I'd support any banner.

I love seeing flags and banners at international soccer, rugby and cricket games - it really adds to the sense of occasion.

Be aware that security at Subi get really sensitive about people hanging signs and what-not so be prepared for that, and secondly, you absolutely can't cover any advertising or block anybody's view because that's the go-to for getting people to take things down. So... either find a good spot or pick your moment.

What about "Refugees Welcome - We'll pay your Cost of Living Allowance" ?

"A plane load of refugees arrived before the weekend from Australia's first and most expensive state. Mixed reasons were given, but the general consensus was they were forced out of their homes by a larger governing body, who, after supporting them for over 20 years, decided to cut them off.

Previously, they were located in Melbourne and were displaced due to large financial burdens and left seeking a better life. Now they hope to make their mark in Perth, though the locals - often hostile towards newcomers - will make sure this is as hard as possible.

As soon as they step on to Subiaco oval - their temporary accommodation while in Perth - they have been told to expect all sorts of jeers and abuse from the locals, in the hope that they will soon return from where they came from, empty handed and forlorn"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back