Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Lomas

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Quick Bruce the swooping bloody magpie update. My daughter has spent the last couple of days spending time taking raw meat and seed to leave at the ‘alter of Bruce’. He now doesn’t swoop and actually flys down to meet her. Bruce has smarts.

Lomas

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
is that your paddock over the back? looks to have a crop in there? legumes?
It's the neighbouring farm, green manure I believe, so a bit of a mix.

Edit: Just revisited this. Were you making a very clever reference to magic beans and my cow? If so, kudos :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lomas

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know if this belongs here of the Grumpy Old thread, but I have been waiting on some important paperwork and finally got a notification from the post office that I have received some mail in my PO box. I have excluded junk mail, and almost everything else comes via email, so I jumped into the car and headed the 25km into town.
It was a free postcard from Australia Post. At least I have saved the cost of a stamp next time I want to send a generic Aus Post postcard I guess.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know if this belongs here of the Grumpy Old thread, but I have been waiting on some important paperwork and finally got a notification from the post office that I have received some mail in my PO box. I have excluded junk mail, and almost everything else comes via email, so I jumped into the car and headed the 25km into town.
It was a free postcard from Australia Post. At least I have saved the cost of a stamp next time I want to send a generic Aus Post postcard I guess.

I got a parcel pick-up card from the post office in 2010. Was my 50th birthday. Rushed down excited........bowel testing kit 🙄

Last edited:

Kanga Glory

Premium Platinum
Nov 1, 2010
arden st
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Same with me this week

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so yesterday moved the final load of 10 black baldies, 4 angus girls and 3 calves and the 35hp tractor from the old 30 acre property to the new 65. will be good not having to nip back and forth but still a little sad to have finally moved the 30 acres on, especially after the parture inprovements i did. now to start agian on the bigger property to get the paddocks in a similar condition, little bit different challenges here, soil is a more loamy composition and a lot of onion grass to address.

Sillygit

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so yesterday moved the final load of 10 black baldies, 4 angus girls and 3 calves and the 35hp tractor from the old 30 acre property to the new 65. will be good not having to nip back and forth but still a little sad to have finally moved the 30 acres on, especially after the parture inprovements i did. now to start agian on the bigger property to get the paddocks in a similar condition, little bit different challenges here, soil is a more loamy composition and a lot of onion grass to address.
Is there like a particular type of grass that you aim for specifically? Or is it more just making sure certain types of grass are removed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad