Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Blowing a gale down here in Sunbury too Gaso. Wet too. I measured 25mm at 12 o'clock this arvo but haven't emptied the gauge yet. I reckon we'll have had another inch by tomorrow night.
I spoke to mum last night (in Sunbury) she said it was absolutely freezing. My brother was outside fixing a drain and every 30 seconds or so she'd yell at him to come inside so he didn't get sick.

Sillygit

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was out at 8 this a.m. putting all our recycling back in the bin.
yup, similar here. Seems the truck did still get the bulk of it but had a wander down the street picking up what I could find with my bin. Wasn't terrible but might have to take a trip down to the river nearby soon cause that's probably where it all ended up.

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
I was out at 8 this a.m. putting all our recycling back in the bin.
I got up at 5am to put them out.

All i heard last night was bins falling over.

Reminder next time to secure your waffle pods!

Grogg

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 24, 2012
Womb with a view
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I spoke to mum last night (in Sunbury) she said it was absolutely freezing. My brother was outside fixing a drain and every 30 seconds or so she'd yell at him to come inside so he didn't get sick.
How good are Mums, eh?

"Yeah Mum, I'm just going outside for a bit".

"Have you got a hanky? And make sure you put a jumper on too!"

Temperature wise, it's not too bad out there today apart from the horrendous wind.

BogBot

Debutant
Dec 17, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fb reminded me Picnic Point Apple farm flooded 9 years ago. Hit em with a message with the relevant photo, they tell me they may well flood again. And if they go, Wy Yung footy club will go too
I don’t remember 2012.

The 07 flood was a monster though.

I think that was the year that house got washed down the Mitchell River and the old butter factory went under.

Horace

Premium Gold
Dec 2, 2001
Mitcham
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Horace SonofSamsquanch

You blokes are originally from the Timboon district. Did you know the local footy team the Timboon Demons are referred to as the Timboon Horsef******s by opposition teams after a local got sprung having his way with a horse. Got his name in the paper in the court reports.
Wow. I did not know that. But I will be making some enquiries of people who will know all about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jaspers_barber

Senior List
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Blowing a gale down here in Sunbury too Gaso. Wet too. I measured 25mm at 12 o'clock this arvo but haven't emptied the gauge yet. I reckon we'll have had another inch by tomorrow night.
Just eased off here in woodend. Power off from 10pm till about 30min ago. Went out to the rain gauge, 71mm since 1pm yesterday.

Good News: my mowing come spring just got easier with the kids trampoline making it’s way over into the paddock.

bad news: the kids weren’t in it

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How good are Mums, eh?

"Yeah Mum, I'm just going outside for a bit".

"Have you got a hanky? And make sure you put a jumper on too!"

Temperature wise, it's not too bad out there today apart from the horrendous wind.
"Yeah mum..." :rolleyes: :D

That wind is getting all the way up here and its icy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad