Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be interested to know what happened in other parts of Victoria but down here the Gippsland Football League (major league) decided not to play their under 16 or under 18 games this weekend even though they were allowed to. The vote was 7 clubs against playing 3 clubs for. They have decided they wouldn’t play unless it was unanimous. Given how much sport young people have missed I was really surprised at that decision. Did other leagues around the state play their juniors this weekend?
That is bizarre.

1 in 3 houses in Melbourne sold for more than $1,000,000 ☹ over the last 12 months.

You guys got it made 👍

Only if you leave Melbourne though. Otherwise just back on the treadmill.

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't grow up here, but lived in Albury for the past 6 or 7 years. Home of Phil Baker and Paul Spargo, and spitting distance from the origins of WBC Atley, Turner and Ziebell.
Coming from Perth, was a pleasant surprise to see so many North supporters here, relic of the old zoning days. On the flip side Albury tigers dominate the O&M so a lot of Richmond flogs. I jumped on North Albury of course when I arrived, then found out bloody Aker was the coach! Sticking fat, but they're sh*t. At least Aker's gone (on a side note he's been banned from every local golf course).
No paid parking, house prices were reasonable when I bought (gone through the roof lately though), get everywhere by foot or treadly, and close to Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney (ish). What's not to love? Well, long way from the beach is main drawback.
Lavy_Panther you're from round here I assume?
Also from Albury, Mate. Hoppers are struggling big time, had an average player age a few weeks back of 19, they'll bounce back, but it could take a while. Ross Henshaw (ex Hopper), was also a North Melbourne premiership player. They also share the same club song, neither been singing it much though!!

1 in 3 houses in Melbourne sold for more than $1,000,000 ☹ over the last 12 months.

You guys got it made 👍
An old fashioned hovel went for a 100k in the main st of my old town back in April of this year. I s**t you not....

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
wats wrong with you…Cat got your tongue?
Where is your place exactly or gtfo!
yes:
17219.jpeg

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regional NZ me

Left the cities years ago. You couldn't get me back
My commute to work takes 11 minutes and I drive past Orchards and vineyards. (If i have to wait at an intersection for more than 15 seconds i get antsy)
10 minutes drive from world class fly fishing and I could go for a fish in my lunch hour if i want

suits me just fine

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Regional NZ me

My commute to work takes 11 minutes and I drive past Orchards and vineyards. (If i have to wait at an intersection for more than 15 seconds i get antsy)
10 minutes drive from world class fly fishing and I could go for a fish in my lunch hour if i want

suits me just fine

I have toyed with the idea of moving over there. A mate owns a pub and has asked me a couple of times to come over.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Regional NZ me

suits me just fine
mate of mine moved over there a long while back and been to visit him a few times, he has lived out of auckland and i was pretty impressed. dunno what its like now but back when i was there auckland still had the big regional city feel like geelong or bendigo. still shut down on bank holidays where even out here in country Vic stuff is still open on PHs.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have toyed with the idea of moving over there. A mate owns a pub and has asked me a couple of times to come over.
There are so many beautiful places over there and people are very friendly.
You’d miss footy I reckon and for me at least, I’d find it hard to get into union.
The South Island is beautiful but very bloody cold in winter.

Back