Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

There are so many beautiful places over there and people are very friendly.
You’d miss footy I reckon and for me at least, I’d find it hard to get into union.
The South Island is beautiful but very bloody cold in winter.

Yep, could easily move there. My sister lives in Christchurch and we flew in there and drove down the middle to Queenstown and Milford Sound. It wasn't peak tourist season, so there was no rushng around.

Lifetime resident of the eastern suburbs of Ballarat. 3 minute drive to the station, to head down to watch the boys.
Had 3 other North families in my street growing up.

Also from Albury, Mate. Hoppers are struggling big time, had an average player age a few weeks back of 19, they'll bounce back, but it could take a while. Ross Henshaw (ex Hopper), was also a North Melbourne premiership player. They also share the same club song, neither been singing it much though!!
Yeah, I'd pretty much adopted them just because they had 'North' in the name, then I went to a game and they played the song and I was 100% on board.
Unfortunately that was before the game - it was the 2015 elimination final and Fev's pigeons flogged us.
Actually live just down the road from Haydn Bunton oval now but haven't had a chance to get to a game this year.

There are so many beautiful places over there and people are very friendly.
You’d miss footy I reckon and for me at least, I’d find it hard to get into union.
The South Island is beautiful but very bloody cold in winter.

some parts are cold. But places like Nelson and Christchurch would be very comparable to a Melbourne winter. Nice summers too

Ex-Newcastle hinterland for many years, until I moved to lesser Syria. Started following North in 1998 as I thought they were the most quintessential Australian club going about. I took an instant dislike to * too.

Mount Gambier over here Gaso, like someone else I saw, been over for one game... Good Friday. Not going to be rushing back, not that I can with my own footy going on anyway.

G Town is God's Country. :) Over the years they have produced some fine AFL players including Mark Yeates, Nick Daffy, Matthew Clarke, Tim O'Brien and more recently Brad Close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work or love T.M.B. ?

Cheap housing, not far from top notch beaches, really well kept town, not too far a drive from the big cities and international airports either. Few things need to pan out but it'd be a good lifestyle choice. The tropics would suit me better but the north end of Queensland has rocketed price wise.

Cheap housing, not far from top notch beaches, really well kept town, not too far a drive from the big cities and international airports either. Few things need to pan out but it'd be a good lifestyle choice. The tropics would suit me better but the north end of Queensland has rocketed price wise.

Good for you mate 🙂👍 Hope it all pans out.

G Town is God's Country. :) Over the years they have produced some fine AFL players including Mark Yeates, Nick Daffy, Matthew Clarke, Tim O'Brien and more recently Brad Close.

Can confirm it’s a great city and the surrounding areas are full of little known treasures. It gets a bad wrap from some, but I’ve loved my time back here. I’ll be moving on soon, but purely for career progression.

A few of those blokes are stalwarts at the club I play at. Nothing like playing footy in a country environment - that’s what I’ll miss most I think.

From the UK, the first jumper was Number 3 Jimmy Krakouer. Live between Geelong and Torquay but go to every game in Melbourne (and in normal times maybe one interstate a year). Main reason I support North Melbourne? Mum said we were moving to the land down under to see Kangaroos.

Must admit, rural/regional life is great, apart from Tuesday nights after 7pm when you remember that the bins need to go out. When this involves hooking up the trailer, opening multiple gates and driving four kms down a flooded track each way, I do miss the old routine.

Where the heck are you located?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back