Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Paid extra in the rates for the 'convenience'. Joke's on me I guess.
I feel your pain.

We’re only a couple of kms outside the town boundary and also have to pay extra for the privilege of having our bins picked up.

That’s despite forking over the best part of $15k in rates.

😐

Must admit, rural/regional life is great, apart from Tuesday nights after 7pm when you remember that the bins need to go out. When this involves hooking up the trailer, opening multiple gates and driving four kms down a flooded track each way, I do miss the old routine.
Might be time to dig yourself one of these bad boys
4813C705-8A36-486B-B6A7-67B53936339A.jpeg

There was actually something like this on our property when we moved in. Full of oil and fuel cans, sludge, a pair of boots, and overalls. Kids are convinced its haunted by a dissolved farmer.
We’ve got a local mate who’s got one, which came in very handy when we moved back and had to clean the leaky rat infested shed out after a five year absence 🤢

Why the wink was so important.

Plus you always bag out your nearest and dearest…
I like benella. Had family there for a while and visited frequently. Got all the quaint properties of a rural survive centre. Wonder if the millers clothes shop is still on the corner? Not a bad golf course either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheap housing, not far from top notch beaches, really well kept town, not too far a drive from the big cities and international airports either. Few things need to pan out but it'd be a good lifestyle choice. The tropics would suit me better but the north end of Queensland has rocketed price wise.
Better off going a few hours up the road T.M.B to Kingston? A little better than The Mount.

Better off going a few hours up the road T.M.B to Kingston? A little better than The Mount.
Speaking of holes… 😬 nah it goes alright.
Cracking little town and better than Robe, Good beach as well.
As a Robe resident I resemble that remark!
Just kidding, the entire Limestone Coast is dotted with unspoilt seaside towns and natural wonders.

Speaking of holes… 😬 nah it goes alright.

As a Robe resident I resemble that remark!
Just kidding, the entire Limestone Coast is dotted with unspoilt seaside towns and natural wonders.
I was going to mention Beachport but that gets a little crazy over the summer holidays

Anyway, hellooooooo, my name is Kangayroo and I have lived In Robe South Australia on and off for the past 15 years.
Originally from the northern burbs of Melbourne, moved here for business in ‘05 and get back to Melbourne (6 hour drive) a couple of times a year.
Last month I took mum to the North v Collingwood game for Mother’s Day… hmph. Reckon it was her idea to declare me “another little North supporter” in my birth announcement way back last century.
Love it here and have identified the small but passionate smattering of good North people in town.
Might go with a few in Round 23 to the Big Smoke (4 hour drive) 🙄

Anyway, hellooooooo, my name is Kangayroo and I have lived In Robe South Australia on and off for the past 15 years.
Originally from the northern burbs of Melbourne, moved here for business in ‘05 and get back to Melbourne (6 hour drive) a couple of times a year.
Last month I took mum to the North v Collingwood game for Mother’s Day… hmph. Reckon it was her idea to declare me “another little North supporter” in my birth announcement way back last century.
Love it here and have identified the small but passionate smattering of good North people in town.
Might go with a few in Round 23 to the Big Smoke (4 hour drive) 🙄

Robe is brilliant, I suspect property prices have gone through the roof?

Robe is brilliant, I suspect property prices have gone through the roof?
Indeed. Not much left in the market, including a lot of old stock that had been for sale FOREVER - we’re talking 10+ years.
It does make it tricky though to get an accurate idea of prices in the midst of the craziness though and where it’ll eventually settle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back