Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed. Not much left in the market, including a lot of old stock that had been for sale FOREVER - we’re talking 10+ years.
It does make it tricky though to get an accurate idea of prices in the midst of the craziness though and where it’ll eventually settle.
that old stock thats really "for sale if anyone is desperate enough" is common at any coastal town, we recently sold a place we had at loch sport but the dynamics have really changed there, 5 years ago there were literally 100 properties on the market at any given time, when we listed our place the agent said she literally have 9 properties, ( 2 were vacant blocks) on her set and said 4 of those were long term overpriced places. our property never even made it to the internet and we had a contract in 8 days. dont think there has ever been a nicer time to be a real estate agent.

Most of the football leagues in gippsland are not playing this weekend despite now being allowed to. What are the country leagues in the other per of Victoria doing?

Pissing down.

Driving between Cobden and Timboon today and Scotts Creek was flooded into paddocks and a massive gum tree had been uprooted blocking the road.

Reminds me of the good old days when I was at school and we had winters like the weather we are having at the present. Scotts Creek would always flood, (including sometimes back to flood the old Scotts Creek Football ground) as did the creeks around where we lived. The Timboon schools had to monitor the situation and there was much excitement when over the PA System the headmaster would announce that students who travelled on various busses had to pack up and go home early before the water got too high and cut the roads. The road at Waarre we lived on, just about always figured in the list of those who had to leave early. Happy days.

Like Scotts Creek, the low lying ground beside the old Cooriemungle Prison Farm always flooded early in those days too, though I'm not sure it got over the Timboon-Simpson Road.

I wish I was still a regional Roo. About the only advantage of living in Melbourne is that it is easier to get to the football. And we cant even do that these days.:mad:

F$&@ing rain (65ml) & wind in the middle of lambing, lambs can handle one or the other but not both together
Picked up 120 dead today & still have 2 paddocks to do tomorrow, currently have 30 at home we have revived
Jesus! Admittedly i know nothing about rearing sheep but that sounds brutal. Sorry to hear.

I'm about 1000 miles north of Melbourne and this wind is blowing all the way to here, its still icy as. Its freezing cold. About 3-5 deg out of the wind and a shitload less if you are in it.

F$&@ing rain (65ml) & wind in the middle of lambing, lambs can handle one or the other but not both together
Picked up 120 dead today & still have 2 paddocks to do tomorrow, currently have 30 at home we have revived
That's harsh. I hope things aren't as bad tomorrow.

Only had 18mm this week. Glad lambing seasoning is in early September.
not good Emma to lose that many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horace SonofSamsquanch

You blokes are originally from the Timboon district. Did you know the local footy team the Timboon Demons are referred to as the Timboon Horsef******s by opposition teams after a local got sprung having his way with a horse. Got his name in the paper in the court reports.

Horace SonofSamsquanch

You blokes are originally from the Timboon district. Did you know the local footy team the Timboon Demons are referred to as the Timboon Horsef******s by opposition teams after a local got sprung having his way with a horse. Got his name in the paper in the court reports.
We wore st kilda colours in my day. But I know the bloke you are talking about. His sister was in my year.

Windy as outside

Haven’t had it this strong at night for years up here
Blowing a gale down here in Sunbury too Gaso. Wet too. I measured 25mm at 12 o'clock this arvo but haven't emptied the gauge yet. I reckon we'll have had another inch by tomorrow night.

Looks like the South West is about to cop a massive downpour.

We are sheep farmers here in East Gippy. It can be bloody heart breaking at times.
My thoughts go out to you.

Jesus Em. Hope the night not so bad. Thanks from a hopeless city-slicker for keeping me warm and fed 👍

We are sheep farmers here in East Gippy. It can be bloody heart breaking at times.
My thoughts go out to you.
Fb reminded me Picnic Point Apple farm flooded 9 years ago. Hit em with a message with the relevant photo, they tell me they may well flood again. And if they go, Wy Yung footy club will go too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back