Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Blowing a gale down here in Sunbury too Gaso. Wet too. I measured 25mm at 12 o'clock this arvo but haven't emptied the gauge yet. I reckon we'll have had another inch by tomorrow night.
I spoke to mum last night (in Sunbury) she said it was absolutely freezing. My brother was outside fixing a drain and every 30 seconds or so she'd yell at him to come inside so he didn't get sick.

I was out at 8 this a.m. putting all our recycling back in the bin.
yup, similar here. Seems the truck did still get the bulk of it but had a wander down the street picking up what I could find with my bin. Wasn't terrible but might have to take a trip down to the river nearby soon cause that's probably where it all ended up.

I spoke to mum last night (in Sunbury) she said it was absolutely freezing. My brother was outside fixing a drain and every 30 seconds or so she'd yell at him to come inside so he didn't get sick.
How good are Mums, eh?

"Yeah Mum, I'm just going outside for a bit".

"Have you got a hanky? And make sure you put a jumper on too!"

Temperature wise, it's not too bad out there today apart from the horrendous wind.

Fb reminded me Picnic Point Apple farm flooded 9 years ago. Hit em with a message with the relevant photo, they tell me they may well flood again. And if they go, Wy Yung footy club will go too
I don’t remember 2012.

The 07 flood was a monster though.

I think that was the year that house got washed down the Mitchell River and the old butter factory went under.

Horace SonofSamsquanch

You blokes are originally from the Timboon district. Did you know the local footy team the Timboon Demons are referred to as the Timboon Horsef******s by opposition teams after a local got sprung having his way with a horse. Got his name in the paper in the court reports.

Wow. I did not know that. But I will be making some enquiries of people who will know all about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blowing a gale down here in Sunbury too Gaso. Wet too. I measured 25mm at 12 o'clock this arvo but haven't emptied the gauge yet. I reckon we'll have had another inch by tomorrow night.
Just eased off here in woodend. Power off from 10pm till about 30min ago. Went out to the rain gauge, 71mm since 1pm yesterday.

Good News: my mowing come spring just got easier with the kids trampoline making it’s way over into the paddock.

bad news: the kids weren’t in it

How good are Mums, eh?

"Yeah Mum, I'm just going outside for a bit".

"Have you got a hanky? And make sure you put a jumper on too!"

Temperature wise, it's not too bad out there today apart from the horrendous wind.
"Yeah mum..." :rolleyes: :D

That wind is getting all the way up here and its icy.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd pretty much adopted them just because they had 'North' in the name, then I went to a game and they played the song and I was 100% on board.
Unfortunately that was before the game - it was the 2015 elimination final and Fev's pigeons flogged us.
Actually live just down the road from Haydn Bunton oval now but haven't had a chance to get to a game this year.
Your not my next door neighbour are you 😂 I live about 1 km from Bunton Park, which to set the record straight, is named after Cleaver, Hayden's brother.

Your not my next door neighbour are you 😂 I live about 1 km from Bunton Park, which to set the record straight, is named after Cleaver, Hayden's brother.
Maybe - are you a single mum with two pre schoolers? I would be about 1km away as well, on Swan St.
I can't believe I'd never heard of Cleaver before. What an amazing pair of brothers. You could make a movie about their lives, one lost in a car accident in his 40s, the other basically living for the entire 20th century (1902-1999). Both captain-coaching senior football teams as teenagers, Haydn to a premiership. Cleaver at the centre of the Whitlam dismissal. All the drama about Haydn's transfer to Fitzroy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back