Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Serious question Reg. Roos.

Global warming. Some of you obviously on the land. You noticed changes ? Taken some initiatives ? Involved with any govt. changes or programmes ?
I recently moved but was in the same place for decades. Jasmine started flowering earlier over the first decade. Avo flowering time changed a little. The weather was different.

I've been writing fire permits for nearly 25 years. Fire seasons are different now and in the time I've done that Australia has had most of its worst fires in the last 250 years.

I spent alot of that time working in the planting/propagation side of forestry too. There used to be much better government programmes arounf reforestation etc etc.

Sep 14, 2014
Robe SA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bloody disappointed in my magpies today. My daughter was here for a visit and, after my spruking about the magpies loving me, bloody Bruce swooped us. F you Bruce, F you!
Plenty of friendly magpies ‘round these parts, all called Maggie. There’s also a seagull that stops by from time to time, somewhat loud and very bossy. His name is Brendon.

BogBot

Debutant
Dec 17, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Serious question Reg. Roos.

Global warming. Some of you obviously on the land. You noticed changes ? Taken some initiatives ? Involved with any govt. changes or programmes ?
Hey Hoj

I know it’s an old post but it’s certainly a huge issue for me.

I live in East Gippsland. From the end of 2016 to the end of 2019 we had the worst drought in living memory.

Followed directly by some of the worst fires we have ever seen in the region.

If you track the historical rainfall records there’s a consistent trend down in total rainfall year on year. We have records here that date back over 100 years.

As a dry land farmer you just don’t bank on the consistent seasons anymore and we have had to adjust our farming methods accordingly.

Luckily farming is quite profitable now so we can definitely keep things ticking over . We just have to manage the property differently.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
had some bits for the tractor turn up whoo hoo,

missus says i gottaa finish the floating floor and plastering before i can work on tractor, not so whoo hoo...

had some bits for the tractor turn up whoo hoo,

missus says i gottaa finish the floating floor and plastering before i can work on tractor, not so whoo hoo...
Floating floor and plastering aren't income producing!

Get your priorities straight!

I would not say we are regional more rural city where we live While in isolation last week Dan decided he would make sure we couldn’t leave by doing this. I just finished cutting it up with an axe my chainsaw was blunt so couldn’t use it.
1630993926398.jpeg

Back