Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about the river but they're plenty of water in the ocean, but I'm not sure if we're ready for the sight of Hojuman in his budgie smugglers.
Get your sunnies ready guys, it’s going to be the brightest sight seeing the sun reflect of his white white skin

Get your sunnies ready guys, it’s going to be the brightest sight seeing the sun reflect of his white white skin
He won't be swimming in the river. There's eels lurking under the submerged logs.

Last edited:

Hello fellow Roo folk. Looking for a town to buy in, within the 500-600k range, preferably within an hour's drive of Epping/Mernda in Melbourne's northern suburbs. Looking for a house, not a unit or townhouse...don't want to hear neighbours going to the toilet because their wall is 1 metre away. Solitude is ok for me, so I don't care if people's balls light up about a cafe on the main street because I own a kettle and can make my own coffee and that shouldn't add to my house price. More interested in knowing the physical lay of the land regarding localised flooding, bush/grass fires. Anyone here from Seymour/Tallarook/Broadford/Kilmore?

I know of a great Valley just up the road from these places.

As for the others yeh I know a bit and one tip is that they have all had Bushfires over my time and Seymour is the most likely to ever be flooded

I remember the old man bringing home eels from the river.

He then nailed them to a beam under our house, so he could skin them. I never ate them though.

Eels need to have a low smoking fire over a few days for them to be mint. The difference between smoked and fried is amazingly good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 1979 I recall lining up at a petrol station where the price was a cent or two per litre less than those up the street. It was 24.5c or something like that.

I found a newspaper in my junk of stuff from 1969 Moon Landing today

A tin of PAL was 18 cents

A Corona Car brand new $2000

Your whole interior of House painted for $100.

A cruise to England $500

National Service call up was on and a fine of $200 was in place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back