. Childers Cove ✔
. Thunder point sunset ✔
. Hotel ✔
. Ichiban lzikaya dinner ✔
. Woolies service ✔
. Lots of lovely old churches ✔
. Bloody god-damn windy on the Port Fairy lighthouse walk ✔
. Can we live here Hoj ? 🙄

If you want to move down here, get used to wind like that it's normal.
Did you hang around after sunset at Thunder Point? It transforms into a local gay make out spot. NTTAWWT
Found the Dirty Angel yet?

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you want to move down here, get used to wind like that it's normal.
Did you hang around after sunset at Thunder Point? It transforms into a local gay make out spot. NTTAWWT
Found the Dirty Angel yet?

Wind was a killer, shearwaters good 👍 Country town with a gay hangout ? Were a few people there and l'll let Mrs.H know. Angel, not yet, but saw a 2nd hand bookstore that will get a workout.

In 1979 I recall lining up at a petrol station where the price was a cent or two per litre less than those up the street. It was 24.5c or something like that.
I remember it being that much, was a kid but still remember it being that cheap. It was still in the 30s when I got my license.

I was working in a petty station on the Napean Highway when Saddam invaded Kuwait. That was an interesting day.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember it being that much, was a kid but still remember it being that cheap. It was still in the 30s when I got my license.

I was working in a petty station on the Napean Highway when Saddam invaded Kuwait. That was an interesting day.
what about when pots were about 70 odd cents and 7oz glasses were 60 odd! remember listning to the local barflies stating if it went over a dollar a pot tey would give up drinking, trandy city area dont get much change back from a tenner these days.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
what about when pots were about 70 odd cents and 7oz glasses were 60 odd!
I worked in a pub in the late 70s. 7oz glasses were 27c and pots were 35c. There were also 5oz and 6oz glasses. In those days pots were usually only a Saturday night thing after the footy.

They were the days when distances on country roads were measured in "cans"... Where do you live? Ahhh - about 2 cans down the road. There was a spot outside of town on the main road to Port Campbell that was a full on rubish tip of empty beer cans - that was one can out of town. The proper technique by the driver was to wind down the window and hoik the can over the car roof, aiming at the road-sign that said "school busses use this route".

Hojuman - if you do make it to Timboon you could give this a try.

I used to have a place on the highway (a bit further down than you). There was a petrol station a few doors away. Saw on the news one night that it was robbed by a bloke armed with a snake.
I was working in a servo that got robbed 20 odd years ago. He said he had a gun but just kept throwing stuff off the shelf. More of a nuisance than anything. Bloke got less than $100 and arrested that night. Was a tad embarrassing for all of us.

Back