Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

dale wasn't the only one who dug a hole,

Kmyj3Wx_fcSPJTDDmxVfNsJy3vhEMxSxBIaJu1DUNwznlf1bRGZQvSexOSZxkGP8tMzLK_AAY2_Kjknwz7G2uHn1a40kRpzTy8Jd69VUvbGF6WoP6fP777mdpaHpC3AT5Rwh7G8yjlWdjxS_Ixfof71qz5szoT8kTFEDeZbUpinlOBhWRCigjRc7m_eSbohTCeN_j_C5_tj6OYW7fKi-jJJmg9Ih0jY56zmNXDYroy-haw24Sw505skmOKjvH658VZ8ceOkdXm1uQbuaRssU8AEbWDuj1LjOD6XcYRRtK7zWfyQ1xy_gpdvV8ZpuKNBpZWUFnUGlvO-6QVT_fvPHVrqZEnIhPZK9sPMeY5cBOs9fHLvM4q364CcrFv8b_5_TDHBnxgv6s8Dhow9mVE033YlgzZIc013q5T2BrnrhpG1lGRjP_Nvs6JXJ4oCbuTJIGRqDGFnroln0X4B8Mv-_4NubKyAaXF7RDH0bmwqPOfrXk0tjLO_Btp0nf8Wg6fkzfkDQMKm_eNtTKLPZGZlrR9a2CexrbOJYHyBDk3jJI3wJYTqM9BFTfZ5PW1uo6UzHHICUPsYMcVluDjm8amYBRjpSvRdj_vR00rMpKh5rCx0NnHFSloekiVe9gyWIJnLlU2PetHtqhYGPfqA_joBLPg4KUS1CQvQaZ3QTtZkKu8Dp74FoaSRxSrXfYm1Pf-LZP5o_KTir0sPD3FDvFIVQO-IPsuGU4DIl9e3lentF0X318iILS6YIfEDcC-s5=w1663-h1247-no

View attachment 1378486
He's been looking for that. Lucky you found it. No snakes out your way this time of year are there?
none since before xmas, had a nice little tiger slither across the driveway into the agapanthas, missus id gonna try some guinea fowl to see if they keep em at bay, first night in the huitch a fox got 2 of the 8 , the other 6 are back in the brooding box until a portable electric fence comes to try again,

The snake man told me to get some of those little chickens as we have a lot of snakes . I even call a section of my property snake valley. He then said you will need some other animals to keep the foxes away . The snakes love agapanthus don't they, lots of protection and I think they can get water out of them in summer.

none since before xmas, had a nice little tiger slither across the driveway into the agapanthas, missus id gonna try some guinea fowl to see if they keep em at bay, first night in the huitch a fox got 2 of the 8 , the other 6 are back in the brooding box until a portable electric fence comes to try again,
Early 1970s, my mad uncle had a very weak electric fence - it was years old even then and as kids we would grab the wire and have a laugh with the zaps. My totally mad younger cousin used to pee on the fence which he and his sister thought was hillarious.

Over the school hols I stayed at his place while his wife and kids went to her parents. We installed a new electric fence. I had to test it by touching it and it was bloody powerful!

When his son came home, my uncle told him to go outside and pee on the electric fence.

I have to admit, it was pretty funny to see him jump.

We have all sorts Tigers, Copper heads , The Common Brown which is one of the deadliest,strange looking green ones I think are grass snake . There is apparently a massive snake down next doors dam . I told him if the footy goes there it will stay there he reckon its like an anaconda lol

Last edited:
The snake man told me to get some of those little chickens as we have a lot of snakes . I even call a section of my property snake valley. He then said you will need some other animals to keep the foxes away . The snakes love agapanthus don't they, lots of protection and I think they can get water out of them in summer.
i will be ripping those agapanthas out when i get a chance.

Early 1970s, my mad uncle had a very weak electric fence - it was years old even then and as kids we would grab the wire and have a laugh with the zaps. My totally mad younger cousin used to pee on the fence which he and his sister thought was hillarious.

Over the school hols I stayed at his place while his wife and kids went to her parents. We installed a new electric fence. I had to test it by touching it and it was bloody powerful!

When his son came home, my uncle told him to go outside and pee on the electric fence.

I have to admit, it was pretty funny to see him jump.
anything north of 8kv is pretty brutal, ours is running at about just under 7 atm,

i will be ripping those agapanthas out when i get a chance.
I have heaps of them I have gotten rid of a few , but they take a bit of time and are tough. I have been told to take the seeds off when they are going to flower as they spread otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No snake problems here nowadays
Had Guinea Fowl for years
Only time we had a problem was when the boss complained about them in the garden so we locked them up, that summer we had a couple of copper heads & she quickly changed her mind & let them out
Last summer they killed 1 copper head & a tiger in the orchard next to the house
We also have a Maremma so no foxes around the house, she has also killed a feral cat when it got to close

No snake problems here nowadays
Had Guinea Fowl for years
Only time we had a problem was when the boss complained about them in the garden so we locked them up, that summer we had a couple of copper heads & she quickly changed her mind & let them out
Last summer they killed 1 copper head & a tiger in the orchard next to the house
We also have a Maremma so no foxes around the house, she has also killed a feral cat when it got to close
Ours have just been transferred from the brooder box to their coup, helen hatched then from the incubator, have lost a few so far, couple got stuck in the incubator rails and one was attacked. 5 left, one is a bit runty with a gammy leg.

Ours have just been transferred from the brooder box to their coup, helen hatched then from the incubator, have lost a few so far, couple got stuck in the incubator rails and one was attacked. 5 left, one is a bit runty with a gammy leg.
Might as well dispose of the runty 1 with the Grammy leg as experience tells me it will die anyway
We only hatched 20 out this year for our youngest daughters place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back