Leagues BigFooty 2017 Leagues - READ OPENING POST FIRST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown

Was tagging you to help mr meatball above
HumanMeatball tried resetting your password on SC webstie?
Were you in any lesgues with people you know? If so, they may be able to take a screen shot of your final ranking.

If neither of these options can work don't stress, we'll fit you in somewhere no probs.

Welcome!

HumanMeatball tried resetting your password on SC webstie?
Were you in any lesgues with people you know? If so, they may be able to take a screen shot of your final ranking.

If neither of these options can work don't stress, we'll fit you in somewhere no probs.

Welcome!
Sorry for the inconvenience but I have absolutely no idea what my account was. I'd say I was around a 2000-2200 a week player. If you can pop me in somewhere that would be great.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I have absolutely no idea what my account was. I'd say I was around a 2000-2200 a week player. If you can pop me in somewhere that would be great.
No worries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And are you going to be a regular on the SC board like many others are?

Not against or for your proposal just never EVER seen you on the SC board.

The more the merrier and the more postings creates more discussions and credibility comes accordingly.

Just reread your proposal

I don't personally like it.
I play for overall rank, dont particularly care for h&a league success. Seen plenty leagues where someone ranked 5,000th wins, and yet others in the league finish top 200.
Correct me if I'm wrong but would that mean Mr 5000th is in a higher league than Mr200 in the next season?

Fair play, it was a suggestion only.

Yes in my concept (not like a created it haha - it's a general sporting leagues idea, in the soccer world anyway), 5,000 would move up if they won the league and Mr.200 would move down if he finished bottom 4... surely an unlikely event I'd imagine. If you finish 200, even if you struck some bad luck during H&A you would very likely finish top 8 and play finals in your league - even if your league was ranked top 20 leagues i'd say Mr.200 is in finals. Whereas Mr.5,000 in a top 20 league may be struggling to be top 8.

A relegation/promotion system supports those coaches who are consistently high.

I'm very regularly on BigFooty, don't post all that much though. Have been in the last 4 or so BigFooty divisions (normally between Div10>16 or so). Tend to rant around 10,000 overall haha so by no means am I close to the best BigFooty punters. I was merely suggesting.

Going with a pure rank based concept (which has worked for bigFooty over the years) is fine by me also. Would be interesting to see the stats on SC top 20 in 2015, how those same coaches/teams went in 2016 - doubt they'd be the best league the following year.

For those out there, would you like to kick off a rel/promotion based set-up on BigFooty? I'd be happy to give it a go and start a new thread?

Fair play, it was a suggestion only.

Yes in my concept (not like a created it haha - it's a general sporting leagues idea, in the soccer world anyway), 5,000 would move up if they won the league and Mr.200 would move down if he finished bottom 4... surely an unlikely event I'd imagine. If you finish 200, even if you struck some bad luck during H&A you would very likely finish top 8 and play finals in your league - even if your league was ranked top 20 leagues i'd say Mr.200 is in finals. Whereas Mr.5,000 in a top 20 league may be struggling to be top 8.

A relegation/promotion system supports those coaches who are consistently high.

I'm very regularly on BigFooty, don't post all that much though. Have been in the last 4 or so BigFooty divisions (normally between Div10>16 or so). Tend to rant around 10,000 overall haha so by no means am I close to the best BigFooty punters. I was merely suggesting.

Going with a pure rank based concept (which has worked for bigFooty over the years) is fine by me also. Would be interesting to see the stats on SC top 20 in 2015, how those same coaches/teams went in 2016 - doubt they'd be the best league the following year.

For those out there, would you like to kick off a rel/promotion based set-up on BigFooty? I'd be happy to give it a go and start a new thread?
The BF leagues are all geared around highest overall rank.
The number of leagues are only limited by the interest level which comes from people enjoying the banter on this board.

The exception to this is the tragic's leagues which is made up of the core regulars regardless of how RANK they are :rolleyes:

The BF leagues are all geared around highest overall rank.
The number of leagues are only limited by the interest level which comes from people enjoying the banter on this board.

The exception to this is the tragic's leagues which is made up of the core regulars regardless of how RANK they are :rolleyes:

Tragic's league/s - is it multiple leagues? and do they have relegation/promotion?

Very exclusive right? As in you must have posted 3,000 times in the year to get a Guernsey? Or be ranked in the top 18 from previous Overall SC?

I'm thinking about this from the larger BigFooty community, whether you be an active or relatively inactive member. I jump on every year at this time and read up on things SC. Post a little, shoot my opinion around and then to be completely honest I buzz off later in the year and stay pretty clear from BigFooty unless tagged into something... I'm sure there are many out there in similar boat.

Would the bigFooty community benefit from a simple structured league set up? with relegation & promotion? I'd be more than happy managing this.

I'll put up my score at about 2.30am so no one sees :$.
I've looked through many threads / posts but i cannot find an approx. start date where we can go in and begin input of our teams.
:thumbsu:

Tragic's league/s - is it multiple leagues? and do they have relegation/promotion?

Very exclusive right? As in you must have posted 3,000 times in the year to get a Guernsey? Or be ranked in the top 18 from previous Overall SC?

I'm thinking about this from the larger BigFooty community, whether you be an active or relatively inactive member. I jump on every year at this time and read up on things SC. Post a little, shoot my opinion around and then to be completely honest I buzz off later in the year and stay pretty clear from BigFooty unless tagged into something... I'm sure there are many out there in similar boat.

Would the bigFooty community benefit from a simple structured league set up? with relegation & promotion? I'd be more than happy managing this.
Tragic's exclusive and the name says it all.

Doubt we'd support your idea tbh. You've stated you buzz off later in the year and stay clear of BF.
Don't want to burst your bubble as you sound keen. Maybe PM Jiska @GOAUS and myself to discuss.

Last edited:
I would love to join a league, though I did not play Supercoach last season. The season before that I was ranked just inside the top 10,000 but I was ranked 45th overall in Dream Team.

I would love to join a league, though I did not play Supercoach last season. The season before that I was ranked just inside the top 10,000 but I was ranked 45th overall in Dream Team.
Welcome.
Post your team name when you get set up.

I'm keen on participating in a promotion/relegation comp. I'm in one already, organised through the safooty forum and it's lots of fun. It's been going for many years and has six or seven leagues. One guy pretty well organises the promotion/relegation side of it singlehandedly and it looks like a fair bit of work particularly pre-season when the invites need to go out to fill the leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back