Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Penfolds Invalid Port still 86c?
Never got into it, this was my step up from goon though

images

Unfortunately we branched out into red goon during our more adventurous teenage years...I can drink sparkling wine though

My first experience with red wine was a box of the cheapest, nastiest table red, something like 40-50 standard drinks. Didn't quite get the whole goon thing was for white wine.

Was also my first time playing goon of fortune.
Unsurprisingly was also my first time vomiting. It looked like The Exorcist but with blood.

Didn't touch it for maybe 3 years.

My first experience with red wine was a box of the cheapest, nastiest table red, something like 40-50 standard drinks. Didn't quite get the whole goon thing was for white wine.

Unsurprisingly was also my first time vomiting. It looked like The Exorcist but with blood.

Unfortunately I kept going back for more....

We got some mormon kids vomit drunk on cask red one time. Good times.

Mormons are really ace at stealing street signs too apparently :wineglass:

Unfortunately I kept going back for more....

Here in Sweden they have nice wine in boxes which people responsibly drink over time.

Country full of nerds. I've been doing my best to educate them.

We got some mormon kids vomit drunk on cask red one time. Good times.

Mormons are really ace at stealing street signs too apparently :wineglass:

The last name street sign was the ultimate dorm room accoutrement

Goon of fortune...gold!
All great until someone hangs off the hills hoist and bends it, or in my personal experience, drags out the concrete
footing.
Good country lad came and fixed it the next morning after his mess up....then did the exorcist chuck.
Great times/fond memories

Goon of fortune...gold!
All great until someone hangs off the hills hoist and bends it, or in my personal experience, drags out the concrete
footing.
Good country lad came and fixed it the next morning after his mess up....then did the exorcist chuck.
Great times/fond memories

Not content with inventing the Hills Hoist and cask wine, Australian boffins (not sure who, but I suspect the CSIRO) managed to invent a game that's the perfect symbiosis of the two.

Honestly the best country in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pussies

Good of fortune is the soft version of Dance of the goon bag. Same principle. Music playing and people dancing around the hills hoist. You make sure it's well lubed with WD-40 (another great Aussie invention) and you have a goon bag on opposing corners for balance. It spins much longer, you play with more people and it's on a different level.

6+ minimum players
Loud thrash metal
minimum 2 4/5L goon bags with 2 replacements.

Pussies

Good of fortune is the soft version of Dance of the goon bag. Same principle. Music playing and people dancing around the hills hoist. You make sure it's well lubed with WD-40 (another great Aussie invention) and you have a goon bag on opposing corners for balance. It spins much longer, you play with more people and it's on a different level.

6+ minimum players
Loud thrash metal
minimum 2 4/5L goon bags with 2 replacements.

How many whores required?

Not content with inventing the Hills Hoist and cask wine, Australian boffins (not sure who, but I suspect the CSIRO) managed to invent a game that's the perfect symbiosis of the two.

Honestly the best country in the world.

Until you read the story of the true inventor of the Hills Hoist.
From vague recollection, the inventor shared his idea with his best mate (Hills) before shipping off to war (WW2) He returned to find Hills had pinched the idea, named it and patented it. To add insult, he had also shacked up with his wife and went on to become very well off while the poor bastard who invented it died a pauper.

Edit: My memory was half right- full story here:

Hills Hoist: Tragic true story behind iconic Australian invention | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Last edited:
From vague recollection, the inventor shared his idea with his best mate (Hills) before shipping off to war (WW2) He returned to find Hills had pinched the idea, named it and patented it. To add insult, he had also shacked up with his wife and went on to become very well off while the poor bastard who invented it died a pauper.

Hills Hoist: Tragic true story behind iconic Australian invention | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Hills heist?

The article says there were 17 competitors when Hill started up. He was clearly the better businessman and dominated the market.

Having an idea is one thing, but then you've got to implement it. The original inventor had a few decades head start and couldn't make it work.

The article says there were 17 competitors when Hill started up. He was clearly the better businessman and dominated the market.

Having an idea is one thing, but then you've got to implement it. The original inventor had a few decades head start and couldn't make it work.
So after inventing and building the prototype as a 14 year old, fighting in WW1 and being gassed and buried by an exploding shell, returning with PTSD and finding your wife is ******* your business partner, remarrying and restarting your business only for the Great Depression to hit and losing 3 of your kids to then be sent off to WW2 for the next 6 years allowing a competitor builds a successful business based on your design.
Your take away is he was a s**t businessman and had amply opportunity to do better? Tough marker.

So after inventing and building the prototype as a 14 year old, fighting in WW1 and being gassed and buried by an exploding shell, returning with PTSD and finding your wife is ******* your business partner, remarrying and restarting your business only for the Great Depression to hit and losing 3 of your kids to then be sent off to WW2 for the next 6 years allowing a competitor builds a successful business based on your design.
Your take away is he was a sh*t businessman and had amply opportunity to do better? Tough marker.

And a family full of cowards too.

Your take away is he was a sh*t businessman and had amply opportunity to do better? Tough marker.
The original guy got a tough run, but Hills only entered the market when there were multiple competitors. He proved his worth in a competitive market. It's not his fault the first guy got screwed, blame that on society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back