Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were Weedon thinking?

EDIT: Having said that he seems like a good bloke, so good on him:

Former Eagle flies high on and off the field | Broome Advertiser

After starring in Perth for Claremont at colts level, the Broome-born and bred star was selected as pick 22 in the 2009 national draft by boyhood idols West Coast Eagles.

Still only 24, Gerrick says he is happy and content being closer to family in the Kimberley – but would potentially consider a move back to Perth to give football in the big time another crack if the opportunity arose.

Was definitely a bold move drafting a 12 year old

After starring in Perth for Claremont at colts level, the Broome-born and bred star was selected as pick 22 in the 2009 national draft by boyhood idols West Coast Eagles.

Still only 24, Gerrick says he is happy and content being closer to family in the Kimberley – but would potentially consider a move back to Perth to give football in the big time another crack if the opportunity arose.

Not sure if serious....

Fri, 24 July 2015 8:30PM

Oh great. Bring back the memories of how we took this bloke instead of mitch duncan who had played a full year of league football for EP in his draft year.

Not sure if serious....

Fri, 24 July 2015 8:30PM

You Got It Carlton GIF

Thoughts?

Don't like it at all tbh, much like the agreements the competition has in place with betting agencies.

These crypto exchange markets are little more than fronts for "pump and dump" operations that would be ruled illegal if conducted similarly on the share market.

Don't like it at all tbh, much like the agreements the competition has in place with betting agencies.

These crypto exchange markets are little more than fronts for "pump and dump" operations that would be ruled illegal if conducted similarly on the share market.
Happens just as much in the share market, it's just highly illegal so you don't hear/notice it because the market isn't as volatile.

Just take a look at those career politicians over in the USA with a net worth of $100+ million on a $120k salary.

Inside trading is rife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happens just as much in the share market, it's just highly illegal so you don't hear/notice it because the market isn't as volatile.

Just take a look at those career politicians over in the USA with a net worth of $100+ million on a $120k salary.

Inside trading is rife.

I'm probably drifting off topic here, but you are right - it happens just as much in the share market as it does with crypto etc. The regulators even charge for the right to manipulate the prices (legally) with fees for high frequency trading and higher fees for higher speed (i.e. the ability to jump the queue).

I'd like to see the AFL take a stance and stop taking money from gambling, alcohol and crypto sources - but that isn't likely and to be fair if they are taking gambling $ then crypto partnerships shouldn't be off the table.

Inside trading is rife.

Share market at least has fundamentals.

Even if the price moves, the company can still be generating revenue and profit. What does crypto do other than overwhelm the electricity grid?

Share market at least has fundamentals.

Even if the price moves, the company can still be generating revenue and profit. What does crypto do other than overwhelm the electricity grid?
What fundamentals does the stock market have over crypto? All the big ones are profit-generating businesses themselves, it's just that a lot of their products aren't physical. People claim "But I own part of the company". Sure, but try going and taking a product for free from the Telstra store, or a brick from the wall, when you own $100k in shares and see how that goes for you.

Most people don't know this but world banking system uses more than twice as much power than Bitcoin.

Pretty much all other currencies use proof of stake, so they only use power that those running devices would be using anyway, not to mention Bitcoin mostly uses renewable energy in the first place.

The lie that Bitcoin is this 'power-hungry, environment destroying' monster is entirely propagated by people who have a vested interest in assets competing with Bitcoin and want to see it fail.

No different than Leonardo DiCaprio telling us we need to cut down on power usage and driving our cars to save the environment, then going out on his heavily polluting private yacht. Very hypocritical.

As an investment, crypto is really just the share market on steroids. I dont see why you would use crypto as a form of currency though. Its too volatile. You could wake up and be 10% worse off from the day before.

As an investment, crypto is really just the share market on steroids. I dont see why you would use crypto as a form of currency though. Its too volatile. You could wake up and be 10% worse off from the day before.

LOL imaging being paid in Crypo and it goes down making what you earned during the week worthless

10% is nothing. Always makes me laugh when journalists write about how Bitcoin is down a 'massive' 8% in a week.

Bitch, if it isn't down 30%+ don't even bother writing about it.

LOL imaging being paid in Crypo and it goes down making what you earned during the week worthless

They don't get paid in worthless tokens, nor do they cash them out. They accumulate them and stake them, or provide liquidity, so they can earn high interest on their balances. Do it for long enough and it snowballs hard and even a 30% drop is nothing because they make anywhere from 10-100%pa depending on how they decide to provide their liquidity.

What fundamentals does the stock market have over crypto? All the big ones are profit-generating businesses themselves, it's just that a lot of their products aren't physical. People claim "But I own part of the company". Sure, but try going and taking a product for free from the Telstra store, or a brick from the wall, when you own $100k in shares and see how that goes for you.

Most people don't know this but world banking system uses more than twice as much power than Bitcoin.

Pretty much all other currencies use proof of stake, so they only use power that those running devices would be using anyway, not to mention Bitcoin mostly uses renewable energy in the first place.

The lie that Bitcoin is this 'power-hungry, environment destroying' monster is entirely propagated by people who have a vested interest in assets competing with Bitcoin and want to see it fail.

No different than Leonardo DiCaprio telling us we need to cut down on power usage and driving our cars to save the environment, then going out on his heavily polluting private yacht. Very hypocritical.

What fundamentals does the share market have over crypto? Well crypto has zero. For the sharemarket, if the company generates profit it'll either pay out dividends or reinvest. If it just hoards money, at some point you'd just be buying the cash on hand. If you can't see the difference between "none, ever" and "some" then you're pretty set in your views.

Interesting that that electricity usage is absolute. So not proportional. Going to take a guess that the banking system is more then 2x bigger than Bitcoin, so proportionally Bitcoin is worse.

Quick google says that there are 330k daily transactions in December for Bitcoin. While the banking system is in the trillions of dollars per day.

To be the same amount of trades for the banking system it would be about $150m per trade. Now I don't know about you, but when I go out to buy milk and bread, I'm typically getting change from my $150m.

What fundamentals does the share market have over crypto? Well crypto has zero. For the sharemarket, if the company generates profit it'll either pay out dividends or reinvest. If it just hoards money, at some point you'd just be buying the cash on hand. If you can't see the difference between "none, ever" and "some" then you're pretty set in your views.

Interesting that that electricity usage is absolute. So not proportional. Going to take a guess that the banking system is more then 2x bigger than Bitcoin, so proportionally Bitcoin is worse.

Quick google says that there are 330k daily transactions in December for Bitcoin. While the banking system is in the trillions of dollars per day.

To be the same amount of trades for the banking system it would be about $150m per trade. Now I don't know about you, but when I go out to buy milk and bread, I'm typically getting change from my $150m.
I think you're completely missing the point.

You also clearly don't understand crypto at all to make a ridiculous claim that it has 'zero' fundamentals.

Plenty of crypto pays out dividends and interest to investors. In fact, that's predominately how people grow their wealth in crypto as it's very difficult to reliably make money from trading unless you're a pro. That goes for the share market also.

Bitcoin had 22bn USD of transactions in the past 24 hours. That's one singular crypto currency.

Ethereum had nearly 13bn.

Tether, the no.1 stablecoin had 52bn.

This is very low volume for these 2, during peak market conditions they'll far exceed 100bn per day.

Pretty impressive for a sector that has around 1% share of the global financial system. Not sure it's fair to compare the volume from the world's banks combined to what Bitcoin does, considering banks have had a few hundred years to gain traction over Bitcoin.

I can understand people comparing Bitcoin to banking in regards to power usage, as Bitcoin is soon to be the only major 'proof of work' currency on the blockchain. Even then, it'll mostly be sourced from sources of renewable energy, making your claim that it's wasteful redundant.

If you're interested, watch the below video which explains this very thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back